Photo

Registration Papers Cancelled on Two Horses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1664 replies to this topic

#1 CarrieLewis

CarrieLewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

Did anyone see that AHA cancelled the registrations on two half-Arabians because DNA testing proved that they are Quarterhorses without any Arabian blood?

The two horses are Quintessaa and Johnny Nitro. 

Between the two of them, they have garnered 10 national and regional championships and 10 national and regional reserve championships, with numerous wins at local shows - ALWAYS in the money.  Four pages of winnings gained unethically.

This is a huge violation of acceptible standards by the breeders.

Happy trails,
Carrie A. Woolverton
Triple Cross Ranches
Honey Creek Farms
Prairieville, Texas
http://www.honeycreekfarms.biz/

Pulque Preservation Program
Texas Foundation Arabian Horse Association
American Foundation Arabian Horse Association

When age prevents me from riding,
I will still keep horses as long as
I can shuffle along with a pail.
When I can no longer shuffle,
I will roll my wheelchair to the pasture
Fence to watch my horses graze.

#2 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

Did anyone see that AHA cancelled the registrations on two half-Arabians because DNA testing proved that they are Quarterhorses without any Arabian blood?

The two horses are Quintessaa and Johnny Nitro. 

Between the two of them, they have garnered 10 national and regional championships and 10 national and regional reserve championships, with numerous wins at local shows - ALWAYS in the money.  Four pages of winnings gained unethically.

This is a huge violation of acceptible standards by the breeders.

Wow!!!

Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#3 tranquilo

tranquilo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

What's interesting to me is that the horses came from two different breeders in different states, then were both bought by the same person who sold both horses to the current owner. It seems very coincidental that two unrelated horses would both end up having false papers, unless this is something that happens way more often than we know about. Makes me wonder how and when it really happened. What a shame for the people who have been showing against these horses.

Loree
http://www.bellavita-arabians.com/

Home of National Champions Adelaida V+// and Jullyanna+.

#4 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

I think all half Arabians should be DNAed. Not only to prove that they truly are half Arabian but also to document who the Arabian parent really is. Go is to say that the stallion you paid for is really the sire. I know of a few mix ups with purebreds that were caught by DNA. I'm sure it is rare but some of these busy farms with lots of stallions, I could see how it could happen.

WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and SHN top 10, MA Razcals Glori SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, Montana Athena SHN Reserve Champion
WR SHADDO HAWK+++/- Multi Regional Champion and multiple SHN Top 10
MAGNIFICO ZF-multiple Regional Champion, SHN Reserve Champion, multiple USN top 10

#5 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

Do you have a link?

#6 WanderingStar

WanderingStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

So, what happened that caused these 2 to be tested?

The Daughter of Reason

#7 WanderingStar

WanderingStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

Hmmm, interesting indeed.

quintessaa.PNG

johnny nitro.PNG

Quintessaa was last shown (on her record) in 2013. National champ in 2012.

Johnny Nitro was last shown (on his record) in 2013. National champ in 2012 as well.

The Daughter of Reason

#8 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

They were both shown last year at nationals, the date of cancellation is their birthdate

WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and SHN top 10, MA Razcals Glori SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, Montana Athena SHN Reserve Champion
WR SHADDO HAWK+++/- Multi Regional Champion and multiple SHN Top 10
MAGNIFICO ZF-multiple Regional Champion, SHN Reserve Champion, multiple USN top 10

#9 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

There have been random testing of HA's at Nationals... the past couple yrs... As I recall there have been questions that some of the WW  horses probably were too good.. or just didn't appear to be HA.  

Several yrs ago... seems there were always questions about some HA saddlebred crosses.... wondering if they were truly 50/50.  

Anyhow... I hope the association does something to the breeders also... This didn't happen by chance. 

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#10 innishfael

innishfael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

i am all for the DNA testing of half-arabians.... just as long as the costs stay in line.  $65.00 for a DNA test seems very reasonable and will save tons of headaches down the line.  i just got a bill for $215.00 calling for DNA testing on my weanling half-arabian colt - it seemed like a price WAY too high for the small breeder.  luckily, it was just an typographical error in dates.  $65.00 to $100 would be fine - $200 was just too much for me.

sheila - innishfael farm

Posted Image