Photo

Aldebars Treasure SHN Top Sire this year!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

I rode him yesterday!! It was just starting to rain as I got to the barn but I was determined to give it a try. Only have an outdoor arena, we were both thoroughly soaked by the time we did 3 short walking laps in the arena. Was good to throw my leg over a horse again. And he is such a gentleman, little rusty but more than willing to do what was asked. I will be doing some lessons with him once he gets a little bit more weight on. He shines like a polished copper penny, its pretty amazing; never had a horse that was so shiny before.

I missed having an older horse in the barn, something about them relaxes me.

Home of: Unforgettable Fame (Rough Justice x Madam Mouselle) Purebred Arabian Stallion
Aur Afire (Aur Farwa x Basks Fashion) & Aubra (Unforgettable Fame x Aur Afire) 2015 Bay sabino filly!!
Wictorya (Andrzejevo x Walhalla) Pure polish from the ever important "W" polish dam line! (pronounced Victoria) to be bred to Constantene (EcahoxAmelia) for a 2016 foal

ROL First Fantacy (First Cyte x Socyety Girl) RPSI Approved Purebred BLACK Arabian mare!!
And last but not least Boomer, grade arabian cross, my very first horse, coming home from lease in a few short months!

#32 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

Aldebars Treasure will be featured in Sport Horse Magazine as a top sire at Sport Horse Nationals!!

ETA: It was SMF Annie Get YourGun received 110 points at that show, in Dressage, Sport Horse undersaddle, Regular, working and in-hand Hunter and Hunter Hack; heck I'll just paste it below. This is one cool mare; 186 show points in 2014 alone!

SPORT HORSE NATIONAL CHAMP (12423) Region:  0 24-SEP-14 to 27-SEP-14                   HA/AA Dressage First Level ATR Champ      TOP 10            20      10                   HA/AA Sport Horse Mares In-Hand Hunter Type Champ      TOP 10            16      10                   HA/AA Sport Horse Mares In-Hand Hunter Type AT Champ      TOP 10            20      10                   HA/AA Working Hunter AAO Champ      TOP 10            13      10                   HA/AA Regular Working Hunter AT Champ      TOP 10            20      10                   HA/AA Hunter Hack Champ      TOP 10            15      0                   HA/AA Hunter Hack AT Champ      RES CH 2            19      20                   HA/AA Hunter Hack AAO Champ      CHAMP 1            12      30                   HA/AA Sport Horse Under Saddle AO Champ      TOP 10            36      10

For those of you who don't know Datasource, First# is the placing, Second is # of horses in the class and Third is the # of Points received.

Home of: Unforgettable Fame (Rough Justice x Madam Mouselle) Purebred Arabian Stallion
Aur Afire (Aur Farwa x Basks Fashion) & Aubra (Unforgettable Fame x Aur Afire) 2015 Bay sabino filly!!
Wictorya (Andrzejevo x Walhalla) Pure polish from the ever important "W" polish dam line! (pronounced Victoria) to be bred to Constantene (EcahoxAmelia) for a 2016 foal

ROL First Fantacy (First Cyte x Socyety Girl) RPSI Approved Purebred BLACK Arabian mare!!
And last but not least Boomer, grade arabian cross, my very first horse, coming home from lease in a few short months!

#33 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

After having Treasure for only a few short months I have talked to Dawn about terminating the lease at the end of the contract trial period. I really thought having a nice well behaved well trained stallion would be something that would help me gain my confidence working with studs, but it did nothing but solidify my desire to not own a stallion at all. He never did anything to cause me to come to this decision, at least nothing that stallions don't just do. He leads beautifully, rides wonderfully, is so sweet and gentle little kids can lead him around and groom him all over, but he is still a stallion. Where he sleeps at night and where he gets turned out becomes all to complicated when you have 2 stallions, 2 mares and only 3 fields. When Treasure came Maverick was supposed to be in training for 4 months, but it ended short at only 60 days due to a small injury that needed a few weeks to heal. When he came home things got interesting. Maverick was WAY better behaved than when he left. No more calling while leading. I had thought I would have more done on my property before he came back and that I could start moving horses over to the new property. What ended up happening was 3 horses locked in the barn full time with only one having access to a paddock. If I let the girls out and Mav could hear/see them talking to Treasure, even from a distance away he would get upset, call pace and kick around his stall. Treasure would pace when the girls were out and he was locked in. I tried many different combinations to try and find something suitable. But everything I tried just infuriated me more and more. I now have my mares on my property and only the boys are left at the old barn, its PERFECT. Treasure really is awesome and Maverick is about as close to a gelding as you can get now. They both are so long as you don't put them face to face (obviously) But I just don't want to EVER deal with this again, I liked my life when it was simpler, mares and geldings all out in the pasture. being able to open the gate and lead the whole group from pasture to the barn at liberty. It was a pretty sweet life before having to worry about the mares kicking fencing or antagonizing the stallions. I think I have had more damage to my fencing in the last year from the MARES because of the stallion(s) than ever before. The studs are actually very easy on the fencing, hot wire is used as an accent, but not really needed.

#34 zeplinsmom

zeplinsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

I would agree that stallion ownership isn't for everyone. I certainly understand the desire for fewer complications!  ;)

NUHA ARABIAN ATHLETES ( http://nuhaarabianathletes.webs.com ) standing:

OSIRION (Omar Saaliim x Mysteekh by Ibn El Mareekh) - 2011 grey Straight Egyptian Arabian stallion

breeders of SE and CMK Arabians of classic type, beauty and movement

#35 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:24 PM

I commend you. I don't think people realize how much work it is to have a stallion (or two). Even when they are well behaved and respect you, other horses and the fence you still have to be mindful of checking fences daily and keeping them exercised and mentally stimulated, but not too much so. I work with my stud every day. Sometimes we just go for walks down the lane, sometimes we ride out. I change it up every day, but I commit at least 30 minutes every day to taking him out of his paddock and going out exploring. He prefers to be within close proximity to other horses, so I keep him close to a group of horses, but not too close. I am very diligent about testing his fence every day. In summer when the majority of the other horses are at pasture he gets more freedom to interact with the boys. He gets along very well with the geldings. Some stallions can't be near other horses and some have to be. Ben is pretty easy going about everything and doesn't really care where he is or who is around. I count my blessings every day that he isn't one of those high maintenance stallions - but it's still a lot of extra time and work caring for him.

Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#36 CindyTobeck

CindyTobeck

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

Here is my mare, SMF Annie Get Yourgun++++//, by Aldebars Treasure. She is a multi-regional and national champion and regularly wins huge classes in the open working hunter shows.

Attached Thumbnails

• Annie @ Devonwood.jpg

#37 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

Good for you Airwalker. Knowing what feels right your yourself. 

MI Royal Flag (*Silver Flag AHS X MI Royal Spring) 1990BM Brazen Angel (*Dandaloo Kadet X Brazen Secret) 2006BM Evening Fire Ruby (Fire Reflection X MI Royal Flag) 2009BM  Evening Kadence Rumba (Kari Lockets Kadence X MI Royal Flag) 2011BM Evening Crabbet Diva (Crabbet Royalty X *Rothlynne Pure Delight) 2012 BM Evening Crabbet Bliss (Crabbet Royalty X *Acabona Blessing) 2012 BM

#38 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:09 PM

It's def not for everyone!

#39 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:52 PM

After having Treasure for only a few short months I have talked to Dawn about terminating the lease at the end of the contract trial period. I really thought having a nice well behaved well trained stallion would be something that would help me gain my confidence working with studs, but it did nothing but solidify my desire to not own a stallion at all. He never did anything to cause me to come to this decision, at least nothing that stallions don't just do. He leads beautifully, rides wonderfully, is so sweet and gentle little kids can lead him around and groom him all over, but he is still a stallion. Where he sleeps at night and where he gets turned out becomes all to complicated when you have 2 stallions, 2 mares and only 3 fields. When Treasure came Maverick was supposed to be in training for 4 months, but it ended short at only 60 days due to a small injury that needed a few weeks to heal. When he came home things got interesting. Maverick was WAY better behaved than when he left. No more calling while leading. I had thought I would have more done on my property before he came back and that I could start moving horses over to the new property. What ended up happening was 3 horses locked in the barn full time with only one having access to a paddock. If I let the girls out and Mav could hear/see them talking to Treasure, even from a distance away he would get upset, call pace and kick around his stall. Treasure would pace when the girls were out and he was locked in. I tried many different combinations to try and find something suitable. But everything I tried just infuriated me more and more. I now have my mares on my property and only the boys are left at the old barn, its PERFECT. Treasure really is awesome and Maverick is about as close to a gelding as you can get now. They both are so long as you don't put them face to face (obviously) But I just don't want to EVER deal with this again, I liked my life when it was simpler, mares and geldings all out in the pasture. being able to open the gate and lead the whole group from pasture to the barn at liberty. It was a pretty sweet life before having to worry about the mares kicking fencing or antagonizing the stallions. I think I have had more damage to my fencing in the last year from the MARES because of the stallion(s) than ever before. The studs are actually very easy on the fencing, hot wire is used as an accent, but not really needed.

Yep.... true all that !  and for the millionth time... geldings are my favorite. 

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...