Photo
- - - - -

FIRST NEWBORN SHOOT EVER OMG

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#11 cvm2002

cvm2002

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

HA!!!  I'll see your $25 studio and raise you natural sunlight through a window.  :)  Mine was completely ambient lighting.  Looking back at your picture, is that a kitchen counter you're working on??  Love it!

Veterinarian by day, and some nights, and most Saturdays, and every 6th weekend and holidays. Wannabe photographer the rest of the time!

www.wildsidearabians.com

Home of Canadian Top Ten stallion Antham (*Rushan AHSB x WN Sharazada)

#12 Elisha

Elisha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

I work with natural light where I can and where it suits the photos - the one where the baby is lying on a red blanket was light through a window, as was ex. this portrait, but sometimes when you need to work in a certain area and the light needs manipulating, you gotta do what you gotta do, haha.  Car sun shades or paper/posterboard for reflectors, toilet paper around a pop-up flash for a diffuser or index cards for bounces... I get funny looks sometimes but my cheap alternatives seem to work just as well, so! :P

And YES LOL that is the kitchen counter!! XD 

Owned by Silver (unreg.) and FA Black Flame (NV Beau Bey x Precious Flame) (2010-2015; RIP 💔).

#13 cvm2002

cvm2002

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Well, if it makes you feel any better using ghetto alternatives, I was just at a Scott Kelby (Mr. Photoshop God himself.....) seminar and he had all KINDS of cheap recommendations.  Don't have a shadow box or diffuser?  Dollar Store shower liner.  Can't afford PocketWizard auto triggers?  Here's a $70 alternative that works just as well.  Can't afford a new Speedlight flash?  Here's a Japanese version that costs about 1/6 of what a Speedlight does.  Will it last as long?  Probably not, but you can buy 5 more and STILL be ahead.  It was pretty awesome.

Veterinarian by day, and some nights, and most Saturdays, and every 6th weekend and holidays. Wannabe photographer the rest of the time!

www.wildsidearabians.com

Home of Canadian Top Ten stallion Antham (*Rushan AHSB x WN Sharazada)

#14 Elisha

Elisha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

That DOES make me feel better, haha!  Yesssssss!

The cheap alternatives you can order from Asia are legit... I've bought things like remote triggers and reversing rings INCREDIBLY cheap from Hong Kong.  I actually need to buy another $3 remote (lost mine) so I can play with long exposure again (I can't press the shutter down manually without shaking the camera :P).  There was a lightning storm here the other night and that'd've been funnnn!

Owned by Silver (unreg.) and FA Black Flame (NV Beau Bey x Precious Flame) (2010-2015; RIP 💔).

#15 starlitefarms

starlitefarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:59 AM

Haha 90% of my studio stuff is the cheap stuff! I wanted to do an in the water shoot with my daughter but can't find a time to do it. So we will make do. I have kinda taken a step backwards on my photography. I have only done one show this year. Spent two days at a show and only sold 180.00 worth of photos. I have tons of favorite photos saved on my site but not many orders.

Home of :

Kharizma SFA ( Da Valentino x Kha-sarra) 01 Bay gelding

Kha-sarra ( Khadraj NA x Basarra VV) 97 bay mare

Miss Fire SFA ( Hopes Afire x Chopinna Regina) 04 bay HA mare 

#16 Kootenay

Kootenay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

I love your work, super awesome!