Photo

Toskhara Arabians @ Addis Sale

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#11 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

Liz--

I think you've seen her one son, Garth MH.  He was in California last I knew. 

http://www.allbreedp.../dancing gdynia

Natural pasture condition photos.  15.1 barefoot. Good marks on gaits when I showed her dressage locally (8 on medium walk).  Always good comments on her canter.  Excellent mother. 

40434_593920188870_5191616_n.jpg

600582_913472668140_306233265_n.jpg

Oh... she is a GOOD one.. but too old for me, and I don't trust them old girls very much reproductive wise that is.

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#12 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

Liz--

I think you've seen her one son, Garth MH.  He was in California last I knew. 

http://www.allbreedp.../dancing gdynia

Natural pasture condition photos.  15.1 barefoot. Good marks on gaits when I showed her dressage locally (8 on medium walk).  Always good comments on her canter.  Excellent mother. 

40434_593920188870_5191616_n.jpg

600582_913472668140_306233265_n.jpg

Lovely mare!

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...

#13 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

FINALLY !   I think   my two Khadraj  girls were listening to me telling them they might get another mare in "the mix". Probably weren't too please about it... so they decided to get serious about getting pregnant.  Hallelujah !   So... that being said... shipments soon coming from Rodan and Zephyr....

Weather has calmed down a bit too which I know was quite influential... from the 105+ range for days.. back down to the 80-90's

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#14 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

Is anyone else listening to the Toskhara Addis sale?  My screen tells me they are still having difficulty 45 minutes into the auction.  Anybody else have that same message?  I've never seen them have technical difficulties this long.

Oh never mind - just got sound back.

Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#15 Ann7

Ann7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Sound is off again while selling lot #5

For by grace are you saved...Ephesians 2:8
Bellagio AF, WH Scar Face, Annabelle BF, Maximus BF, Autina, JA Troubadour, JA Unforgettable, TA Zeus

Rock Hill SC Mental Health Counselor providing Equine Therapy

www.ann-clark.com

#16 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Sale is getting very frustrating.  I wonder how many bidders they are losing with all these technical difficulties.  

Odd - I thought they were on lot 5 but started back on lot 6!

Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#17 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

OOH the sound is awful. 

Pat Lowe

#18 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

Seems this prices are much better than auctions in the past.  I remember the first Toskhara auction they had a few years ago.  I wanted to cry seeing some of the horses being sold for the minimum bids.  Much better prices tonight.  Lots of performance prospects.  

Liz, did you buy anything?  Curious who you were interested in. 

CA and SCID negative.

#19 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

Seems this prices are much better than auctions in the past.  I remember the first Toskhara auction they had a few years ago.  I wanted to cry seeing some of the horses being sold for the minimum bids.  Much better prices tonight.  Lots of performance prospects.  

Liz, did you buy anything?  Curious who you were interested in. 

Yeah, they seem to be better, but I'm still not understanding why some go for what I think is high for what is being described, and then another that I think sounds a lot better goes for less than 1/2 ....Not making sense to me. 

Pat Lowe

#20 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, they seem to be better, but I'm still not understanding why some go for what I think is high for what is being described, and then another that I think sounds a lot better goes for less than 1/2 ....Not making sense to me. 

Most of what sold tonight didn't interest me.  But it seems like there are lots of performance prospects that while they didn't sell for huge amounts, sold for much more than performance prospects typically sell for in these auctions.  The two that I paid attention to that were under saddle and had under saddle video, sold for $4500 - 6900 - not bad prices based on what I've seen in auctions past.  A couple of mares I was intrigued by but weren't really what I am looking for also sold for pretty good prices.  

CA and SCID negative.