19 replies to this topic

#11 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

My dogs all love horse poop!!  Now if I could only invent a breed of dog that lives on horse poop, I could make a fortune!!.

Pam

I am going to make "horse poop flavored dog treats" and make hundereds of pennies!

#12 D Taylor

D Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

Sorta Greenies!

You guys are killing me today. I needed the laugh. Thx

• msjwebb likes this

#13 alodi

alodi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

I am going to make "horse poop flavored dog treats" and make hundereds of pennies!

You could do different flavors... horse poop, cow poop and the ever favorite cat poop. You could sell them in single flavor packs and in a multi-flavor pack!

New! The snacks your dog will beg for! Poopie Snacks! Now in all new turd shapes!
( Horse - balls, Cow - flat cowflop, Cat - long cylindrical )
Just ask any canine what his preferred snack is and listen as he or she shouts "POO! POO! POO!"

There you go. Your first advertising campaign. And for your first tv ad, a dog frantically running around a pasture trying to decide which flavor it wants first with the donor animal standing near the appropriate pile.

Always help someone, you might be the only one who does.

#14 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Will this dog be able to tell if I ship you a sample...lol?  What do you charge for his services?

Sue Wells

Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#15 D Taylor

D Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

If the sample stays cold...yes it could be shipped without effecting results.

But he is not yet ready to be charging for his services. He has to learn he can not lie. Yes detection dogs will lie if allowed. Mommy should not have to look into his sweet disappointed face (when he knew the sample was negative) and watch him sit to confirm the scent anyhow just to get the treat. And they say dogs can not rationalize at all.

Later this winter I will take him to a couple local breeding barns. I will be in the dark about which samples are from pregnant mares then. That will be his final exam.

• Mystic Rose and LabsChewShoes like this

#16 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

Diane, I must be nuts but what is the point of this?

This thread sure has been entertaining!!!

#17 D Taylor

D Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

Oh if he is good I will use him. The local Mennonites and Amish would gladly pay. If he never gets marketably reliable I entertained myself.

If I was just using him on my own I would consider him reliable already. But as my hubby said last night,when I told him the dogs look and lie, strangers are not going to trust a lying, poop eating dog. LOL!
  • CBJ, Desertwindtx, debs and 1 other like this

#18 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Grey geldings, yellow and red mares, Hockey,

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Oh if he is good I will use him. The local Mennonites and Amish would gladly pay. If he never gets marketably reliable I entertained myself.

If I was just using him on my own I would consider him reliable already. But as my hubby said last night,when I told him the dogs look and lie, strangers are not going to trust a lying, poop eating dog. LOL!

:-)

Very interesting!

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, operant conditioning (i.e., clicker training), horses

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:43 AM

My dogs' very favorite thing in all the world is to roll in coyote poo, the fresher the better.

D Taylor:

Very clever of you to train your Aussie to sniff for pregnant mare poo! Are you using a clicker? It would be very cool of you could post a video of your dog lying to get his treat.  Animals are vastly more intelligent than we give them credit for.

PA Hi-Ly Visible: (by Magnum Psyche) PA Hi-Noon x Takara Padrona (by *Padron), frighteningly intelligent 2005 chestnut gelding. Sterling, aka "Fluffy": mellow and bombproof grade Arabian gelding. His putative identity is Sterling Son (by Baraka Zouheir), pending submission of the DNA test kit. Moonie the Evil Mini: mini palomino gelding adopted from Greenwood. Greenwood Equine Rescue is located in Peabody, Kansas. Filed for 501c3 status in April 2014. Web: http://greenwoodstab...horses-to-adopt Facebook: GreenwoodStableandEquineRescue

#20 D Taylor

D Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

No clicker. I am using his favorite treat next to poo. He is Kitty Food thief too. I can break up the little X's in tiny pieces and not over do treats.
This dog is ruled by his tummy....kinda like me.
  • californianinkansas likes this