Photo

Hello from NC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 aureliusandoinky

aureliusandoinky

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hello! I'm a college student just getting accustomed to the Arabian world. I have two horses, Carolina Khlasszic (Oinky), and Radar of Araby (Aurelius). Owned the first one for ten years but the second one owns my heart. I just started riding again because I FINALLY found a trainer I like! She has Arabians and they are her favorite, so I fit right in and she understands how my horses minds work. I joined the forum to learn and basically read everything, so I may not be posting much! If anyone knows anything about my horses bloodlines and would love to share, I would be very, very happy! 

These are my two babies. The lighter bay is Oinky and the darker bay is Aurelius. 

Attached Thumbnails

• oink.jpg
  • Sheebe.jpg

#2 splashh

splashh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hi there - your babies are beautiful!  I am in North Carolina as well, in Salisbury.  Welcome to ABN!  

#3 Mystic Rose

Mystic Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Welcome to ABN!

Jennifer Whittaker
http://www.MysticRoseArabians.com or find us on FB under Mystic Rose Arabians
Home of: Summer Saga+ (Massar El Sabbah x Summer Savannah) - proven high mileage endurance stallion and SHIH Champion.
SHN Payback Nominated, SCID and CA negative.  Sire of Regional Champions in Endurance/SHIH/SHUS and winning open dressage horses!

#4 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

Welcome to ABN.

I am glad you found a trainer you feel you can mesh with. That makes all the difference.

Four of the last five horses I bought are from North Carolina-Battle Boro to be exact (I live in Southern California) so I feel a connection!

What are your plans with your horses will you be showing them and if so in one division.

Your horse Radar of Araby has a whos who pedigree of some pretty neat horses.  Lots of great names there.  

I was unable to find the pedigree on Data Source of your other horse.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#5 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

HG Esquire+

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,321 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Your first horse listed is a grandget of Khemosabi out of what appears to be a Crabbet bred mare.  Welcome to ABN ~ sure you will enjoy your time here <3  The pedigree, although not complete is here: http://www.allbreedp...olina khlasszic

Denise Gainey

HG Esquire+, Rated 'E' for EVERYONE
GCA & Sport Horses on Facebook

Where Quality & Friendship Matter!

#6 aureliusandoinky

aureliusandoinky

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Thanks everyone! :) I am planning on doing dressage and maybe some jumping with Oinky (CK). I'm not sure about Aurelius (Radar) because he doesn't seem to fit into anything super well, though I'm sure we'll find our spot! Right now I am having fun teaching him to jump. We've gone over a baby jump our last three rides. 

Oinky (CK) isn't purebred so that's why his pedigree is incomplete. His dam was half arabian, with the other side being paint. 

#7 S&D Sport Horse

S&D Sport Horse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

Welcome, we r in Durham NC; focusing mainly on endurance but do some Sport Horse and dressage showing.
Home of:
Bandos Las Ladd (*Bandos PASB x B Lovely ~ *Aladddinn) 1988 Grey Stallion
Alken (Ganges x Alkina) 2005 Black Bay Colt
Aabsolutely Five Star (Aabsolut x FS Evita ~ RD Five Star) 2007 Chestnut Colt

and their women (to name a few):
Willatra MSC (Traditio x Willa)
CR Milliegramm+ (Monogramm x CR Wind Moriah ~ Muslin & Sotep)
Wojllatra (Wojslaw x Willatra MSC)
FS Evita (RD Five Star x Patraska)
Wronica Lech (Lech PASB x *Wrona ~ Namiet)
Naproshka (*Procent x Nikiska ~ Nasmeshnik)
Miss Independence SF (RD Five Star x Carillon CC ~ Moment & Muscat)

www.sdsporthorse.com

#8 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

Welcome! What part of NC are you in? I live in the mountains, near Burnsville, near Asheville. Hope you have a great time with your horses. I have learned a lot by reading this forum, hope it works for you.