• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce's Tack Box

Bruce's Tack Box

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:My two young boys and our horses!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Gordon Stocking of Kalamazoo MI is dispersing his herd.  He is an elderly gentleman who was quite a breeder in his day.  He worked for Cal Poly and worked closely with WK Kellogg.  There are about eight horses left.  There is a 23 year old stallion GG Havoc.  He was shown in halter.  There are a couple of 20-ish year old mares who are supposedly broke to ride and a couple of 10-ish year old mares (young mares were shown in the futurity) All are registered and most, I'm told are broke to ride, although they have been out to pasture for a while.  According to the care taker, they are hoping for a few hundred a piece for the younger mares and are willing to rehome the older mares.  Any money made will be used to buy hay for the remaining horses. I am going up this week sometime to take a look and get some photos.

They have a lot of Gai Parada and Al Marah Jolly Roger bloodlines.

I am happy to send a list of horses to anyone that may be interested!! I suggest sending me an email as I don't always get to come back here very often.  brucestackbox@live.com

#2 WildfireArabians

WildfireArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Interests:Summer Wildfire, Fancie Footwork, and FS Starlet - striding along the trails!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

ooooooooooooooh Polish/Crabbet.... LOVELY

Kelsa Staffa

Wildifre Arabians - Breeding and training Arabian horses to go the distance!

http://www.wildfirearabians.com/

#3 zeplinsmom

zeplinsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Everything Arab!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

I can help with photos as needed. I am very close by.

• Bruce's Tack Box likes this
NUHA ARABIAN ATHLETES (nuhaarabianathletes.webs.com) home of:

OSIRION - 2011 grey Arabian stallion *prospect*

Jaws (NUHA STAR BENNU) - 2013 grey ES colt 

Beau (NUHA DREAM BEAU) - 2014 grey CMK colt

#4 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

I bet that would help a lot if you could get photos of them for him

people are generally more interested if there are attractive pictures to choose from

#5 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts
  • Interests:Arabians/Half- Arabians
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Lovely pedigrees on his horses.

I love seeing those Gainey lines and The Real McCoy.  

I hope these horses go to folks who will continue the breeding of these lines.  

• AccentoArabians likes this

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#6 Bruce's Tack Box

Bruce's Tack Box

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:My two young boys and our horses!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

I can help with photos as needed. I am very close by.

We should meet and go together!

• zeplinsmom likes this

#7 zeplinsmom

zeplinsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Everything Arab!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

That's a possibility! I work in Kalamazoo, so I'm here nearly every day.

NUHA ARABIAN ATHLETES (nuhaarabianathletes.webs.com) home of:

OSIRION - 2011 grey Arabian stallion *prospect*

Jaws (NUHA STAR BENNU) - 2013 grey ES colt 

Beau (NUHA DREAM BEAU) - 2014 grey CMK colt

#8 lvt

lvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

Dr. Gordon Stocking (vet) is one of the most wonderful horsemen I have ever met. Doreen was showing his horses when we started Shane. Back in the 90's several were involved in and won Regional awards the amateur multiple discipline program (too early, brain has not kicked in to remember the name of it). Gordon himself showed and won at Region 18. She showed GG Elegant, beautiful white stallion, in hunt and costume. Gordon gave Elegant to Doreen and Curtis and he carried Curtis to numerous championships in hunt and equitation. We always showed Elegant the pattern because he would remember it when young Curtis did not. Even as a stallion, Elegant was a perfect gentleman in the line up no matter if it was a trainer or kid on him. Gordon's horses have beauty, quality, brains and temperament. One night long, long ago, Doreen and I were talking into the wee hours of the morning, TV on in the background. Some PBS-like program came on about CalPoly in the early days. B&W video, fuzzy edge to it -- from way back in the 50's or so. Something caught my eye and we stared -- there was a very young Gordon, riding in the old time sheep hair chaps. I would give my right arm and left leg to see that video again, or get a copy of it. One word of warning, if you see Gordon, be prepared to spend and extra hour or two talking pedigrees and arabian history -- but it will be a very enlightening discussion and worth twice your time. I wish I weren't so bogged down with work, I'd join you all. Any one who sees him -- give him our love, a ton of it.
Linda and Shane (retired july 2006)
Tukes Shenanigans+ [Yahya Matuk x OK Aquarius by El Raffon]

Loved by All ..... Owned by ME

2006 & 2005 Region 13: Reserve Champion Sport Horse Under Saddle
2005 Region 14: Top Five Sport Horse Under Saddle
2004 Region 13: Top Five Sport Horse Under Saddle
2002 Region 13: Top Five Sport Horse Geldings In-Hand
2000 Region 13: Top Five Hunter Pleasure Open
1997 Region 13 & 18: Reserve Champion Hunter Pleasure Junior Horse
1996 Region 18: Champion Hunter Pleasure Junior Horse
1994 Region 13: Champion 2 Year Old Gelding Sweepstakes
1994 Ohio Buckeye: Reserve Champion Junior Gelding Halter
1992 born at 2 am St. Patrick's Day

#9 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

some nicely bred horses and can't wait to see some pics

Kellie Flanagan

N H Raffer (Raffon x Ferlima)1983 B stallion 3/30/83-3/10/09
Da-Kheree (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 B mare
Khemonette (Khemosabi x Famemiss) 1991 B mare
FA Summer Bask (Star Maker x GR Bi Baska)1994 C mare
Sabras Silver Wind (FV Concorde Gezzan x AM Emily Dreamla)2005 G filly

#10 WildfireArabians

WildfireArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Interests:Summer Wildfire, Fancie Footwork, and FS Starlet - striding along the trails!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Dr. Gordon Stocking (vet) is one of the most wonderful horsemen I have ever met. Doreen was showing his horses when we started Shane. Back in the 90's several were involved in and won Regional awards the amateur multiple discipline program (too early, brain has not kicked in to remember the name of it). Gordon himself showed and won at Region 18. She showed GG Elegant, beautiful white stallion, in hunt and costume. Gordon gave Elegant to Doreen and Curtis and he carried Curtis to numerous championships in hunt and equitation. We always showed Elegant the pattern because he would remember it when young Curtis did not. Even as a stallion, Elegant was a perfect gentleman in the line up no matter if it was a trainer or kid on him. Gordon's horses have beauty, quality, brains and temperament. One night long, long ago, Doreen and I were talking into the wee hours of the morning, TV on in the background. Some PBS-like program came on about CalPoly in the early days. B&W video, fuzzy edge to it -- from way back in the 50's or so. Something caught my eye and we stared -- there was a very young Gordon, riding in the old time sheep hair chaps. I would give my right arm and left leg to see that video again, or get a copy of it. One word of warning, if you see Gordon, be prepared to spend and extra hour or two talking pedigrees and arabian history -- but it will be a very enlightening discussion and worth twice your time. I wish I weren't so bogged down with work, I'd join you all. Any one who sees him -- give him our love, a ton of it.

How super-cool this story is... !

Kelsa Staffa

Wildifre Arabians - Breeding and training Arabian horses to go the distance!

http://www.wildfirearabians.com/