Photo

Can I see your Halter Geldings ? :D Please share pix !

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

I am gelding my boy in a few days ( as most know ) and will be showing at USN in Geldings 8 & Over Open ( decided to go age appropriate to get my "feet wet" since I was only qualified for ONE class ) Next year I plan to do Open & AAOTH.

Anyway... I would love to see YOUR Halter geldings... sad to say I never really watched those classes, I mostly paid attention to the Stallions and I would like to see what the Geldings showing ( and doing WELL ) look like, Spirit Thyme is very masculine so I am wondering if this is a good thing ( or not ) for the Gelding class :)

Thanks in advance !!!

Pix of ST in Halter ( still a Stallion though, but he won't look any different, at least I don't think so ! )

580617_10200451174860236_1023096_n.jpg

560733_4835478973803_268009609_n.jpg

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly

#2 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

mine will be useless to you as they are all half arabs

but from watching gelding halter, very many of the good top winning geldings could easily be of stallion quality - - or better

for me it is really only those young horses that seem less masculine looking

#3 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

mine will be useless to you as they are all half arabs

but from watching gelding halter, very many of the good top winning geldings could easily be of stallion quality - - or better

for me it is really only those young horses that seem less masculine looking

Glad to hear about being "manly" looking !

I noticed that the SCORES from 2012 USN, the geldings seemed to be higher than most of the stallions... interesting. Maybe because Confo. is more important than type... This will be wayyyy new for me, so I'm hoping we do well, I think we will :D ( I HOPE we do ! )

#4 Lana

Lana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hisaud picx 018.jpg DSC02118.JPG This is my gelding--his name is Hisaud--he is 5 and was castrated close to 2 years ago.  He was shown as a stallion prior to being castred and was a Class A Ch. a couple of times before being put into wp training.  He has been a class A halter ch. as a gelding now.  Has had very limited showing--but will start up again in a couple of months.  Hope the picture comes thru--sometimes I am successful at getting it up--sometimes--not.

#5 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

attachicon.gifHisaud picx 018.jpgattachicon.gifDSC02118.JPGThis is my gelding--his name is Hisaud--he is 5 and was castrated close to 2 years ago.  He was shown as a stallion prior to being castred and was a Class A Ch. a couple of times before being put into wp training.  He has been a class A halter ch. as a gelding now.  Has had very limited showing--but will start up again in a couple of months.  Hope the picture comes thru--sometimes I am successful at getting it up--sometimes--not.

OOOOh HANDSOME !!!!  Thanks for posting :D

#6 Lana

Lana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

PIC_0258.JPG PIC_0258.JPG !cid_C19B4356-CF95-47EF-B35C-9FFFF2989776.jpg Here is another picture of Hisaud just starting under saddle--the grey mare is his mother--an Audacious daughter I also bred.  Hisaud is by NYN Hisani--a Marwan son.

#7 splashh

splashh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

I took this gelding to nationals in 2011 and there were 5 in the class.  There were two former multi national champions, Pseltic Star with Keith Krichke and Relentlyss, the First Cyte son.  The entries were not high that year but the quality surely was good.  Here is my Remmy, he was eleven when he showed at Nationals but he was ten in these pictures

He got fourth place but he showed like a million dollar horse.  Showing him and owning him was so much fun!  I wish you luck in Tulsa and will be pulling for you from my couch!

posed one leg pointed.jpg Canter-.JPG trot heading right.jpg

#8 Lana

Lana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

I took this gelding to nationals in 2011 and there were 5 in the class.  There were two former multi national champions, Pseltic Star with Keith Krichke and Relentlyss, the First Cyte son.  The entries were not high that year but the quality surely was good.  Here is my Remmy, he was eleven when he showed at Nationals but he was ten in these pictures

He got fourth place but he showed like a million dollar horse.  Showing him and owning him was so much fun!  I wish you luck in Tulsa and will be pulling for you from my couch!

attachicon.gifposed one leg pointed.jpgattachicon.gifCanter-.JPGattachicon.giftrot heading right.jpg

He sure is pretty.  Love the grey's

#9 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

April212012059.jpg

Cloney-XII_hf.jpg

Cloney-VHeadshotresized.jpg

Not that we'll ever show again, but here's Cloney.  He's still very much, "He who is in CHARGE."

Pat Lowe

#10 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

attachicon.gifposed one leg pointed.jpgattachicon.gifCanter-.JPGattachicon.giftrot heading right.jpg

GORGEOUS !!!! AND I LOVE that you said he showed like a million dollar horse... That's how I feel ( Love when you know you showed well, even if you don't win, you KNOW you looked great ) :D And THANK YOU, we can ALWAYS use as many people pulling for us as we can get ;) !!!!

April212012059.jpg

Cloney-XII_hf.jpg

Cloney-VHeadshotresized.jpg

Not that we'll ever show again, but here's Cloney.  He's still very much, "He who is in CHARGE."

THERE'S Muh Budddd Clonester :wub: