93 replies to this topic

#11 Valiant Arabians

Valiant Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Who cares if he is still showing or not?! Why does a 13 yo halter stallion who goes to 2-3 shows a YEAR get the whole "OMG he is being shown AGAIN!?"  What about 90% of the performance horses? Some show 10-20 shows a year and are still showing into their late teens and 20s.. No one says a thing about them... I don't get it.. let the horse and his owners enjoy more showing.  I'm happy to see several on this thread agree. 

• KhoverGirl likes this
Ashley Green
Valiant Arabians- www.valiantarabians.com
Stetson Bey (Bey Shah x Baskeena by *Bask) 1989 Chestnut stallion.

#12 Slide

Slide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well, maybe, just maybe, they want to make him relevant again in the event that cloning becomes allowed in the next few years.  I'm thinking it will, unless something happens significantly different with the current AQHA cloning lawsuit.  I don't know who else specifically that would want to push it through in the Arabian industry.  There is supposedly an existing clone of LD Pistal (for anyone who doesn't already know).

http://www.aqha.com/...uit-Update.aspx

• dowedoit and Tricolors like this

#13 Tricolors

Tricolors

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

They can enjoy showing him again and again and again, decade after decade, century after century.

Which one are they showing the 1.0 version, 2.0 ...........................?

That was my point, not that they are showing the horse. I think it's great when horses can have a long career. It is everything and everyone else connected to him. And yes, I'm sure they will be front and center in the 'cloning wars' to come. 

Who cares if he is still showing or not?! Why does a 13 yo halter stallion who goes to 2-3 shows a YEAR get the whole "OMG he is being shown AGAIN!?"  What about 90% of the performance horses? Some show 10-20 shows a year and are still showing into their late teens and 20s.. No one says a thing about them... I don't get it.. let the horse and his owners enjoy more showing.  I'm happy to see several on this thread agree. 

I said 'interesting'. That is a bit different than the above.

Peace Maker V+++/ (Desperado V x MHR Princess Bask)
2009 LOH, 2010 LOSH, 2011 LOM, 2012 LOSM - Multi Region Champion in Sport Horse in Hand, Hunter Pleasure, Dressage, Walk-Trot

Black Magyk+ (PA Nyte Star x Rajima Black, by Klint Black+++/) 2011 Top Ten 2 yo Sport Horse In Hand. Regional Champion SHIH.

#14 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,836 posts
  • Interests:Breeder of pure Polish Arabians. Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x AHBliss), available at stud to approved mares.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

Well, maybe, just maybe, they want to make him relevant again in the event that cloning becomes allowed in the next few years.  I'm thinking it will, unless something happens significantly different with the current AQHA cloning lawsuit.  I don't know who else specifically that would want to push it through in the Arabian industry.  There is supposedly an existing clone of LD Pistal (for anyone who doesn't already know).

http://www.aqha.com/...uit-Update.aspx

Ding, ding, ding, I think we have a winner!  :)

• Slide, Tricolors and HRNArabians like this
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#15 zai

zai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

POPULAR

It would be much more impressive if they were to put him under saddle....
  • OHR, hfs, ladycascabel and 7 others like this

#16 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

I think the bigger point is why send out an expensive E-blast about showing a stallion that is unable to settle mares. I think the majority understand why they would put the horse back in the show ring... All that money in training, conditioning, etc... Heck yeah, get him out there!! But the E-blast, why?!! Unless there really is a clone that they hope to use eventually.
  • TripleHFarm and tiki-bird like this

#17 ArabHrsLvr

ArabHrsLvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • Interests:Horses, hunting, fishing...anything outdoors!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

I may be mistaken, but isn't his clone phenotypically different - as a clones are? (In reference to the comment about the clone being shown as LD Pistal)

#18 Tricolors

Tricolors

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

I think the bigger point is why send out an expensive E-blast about showing a stallion that is unable to settle mares. I think the majority understand why they would put the horse back in the show ring... All that money in training, conditioning, etc... Heck yeah, get him out there!! But the E-blast, why?!! Unless there really is a clone that they hope to use eventually.

Maybe someone else can verify, because I'm not sure, but I thought it was a fact that he does (did) have a clone. (stated in the lawsuit somewhere?)

• Airwalker likes this

Peace Maker V+++/ (Desperado V x MHR Princess Bask)
2009 LOH, 2010 LOSH, 2011 LOM, 2012 LOSM - Multi Region Champion in Sport Horse in Hand, Hunter Pleasure, Dressage, Walk-Trot

Black Magyk+ (PA Nyte Star x Rajima Black, by Klint Black+++/) 2011 Top Ten 2 yo Sport Horse In Hand. Regional Champion SHIH.

#19 MLM65

MLM65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:05 AM

I may be mistaken, but isn't his clone phenotypically different - as a clones are? (In reference to the comment about the clone being shown as LD Pistal)

Yes, a cloned horse often has different markings than the donor horse.

#20 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, QH's, Half Arabians, and Australian Shepherds

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

Why?   Because these folks,  owners and trainers ( and others like them ) constantly want to be in the forefront of publicity.- gee we see it everywheres all the time.- even here  That's why the current owner bought the horse in the first place. There are lots of people like this in the world... .  Money is obviously of no concern,

And is the clone owner the current horse owner ? doubt it/ but maybe involved.

• windridge and RobinBa like this

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...