38 replies to this topic

#11 ShadesOfGoldArabians

ShadesOfGoldArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

What a gorgeous boy!  And how sad that the breeder may not even care that he is there.  I hope he can be rescued.  The breeder should spend some time inside a slaughterhouse...   I will never understand some people...

Or at least watch a video of horses in there and see what they go through. (And Im not saying cows and pigs don't go through the same thing... but i've never owned one of them. And if I had I would feel the same about them.) I have never seen one of these videos, don't want to see one and don't ever, ever want one of my horses to end up there. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, If ANYONE EVER sees or hears of a horse bred by me that is in this situation PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE contact me ASAP. I  will do everything in my power to get them out of there immediately!  And if anyone ever rescues one of my horses from anywhere and they cant get the papers I will do everything In my power that I possibly can to get the proper documents to get it done and get them to you.  I have a situation right now where someone just contacted me about a horse I bred and sold.   That buyer could not continue to take care of him and they re-homed him and gave the new buyer my phone number they had saved in their cell phone but lost the papers I had signed over originally. So the new owners contacted me and I am giving them the proper paperwork to get him registered in thier names along with some of his baby pictures. :)  And they are thrilled. Every one should make a copy of horse papers, registration apps, transfers etc  and keep them in a safe place just in case this happens to them.  Registration papers do make a difference to most potential buyers.....

And I think that if the dna matches  the Arabian registry will transfer the papers. But unfortunately sometimes it all depends on who you talk to there.

I hope he finds a home soon.

• Remali and seekingshannell like this

SHADES OF GOLD ARABIANS & PINTABIANS

HOME OF THE HIGHEST PERCENT ARABIAN CREMELLO IN THE WORLD

THE GO TO PLACE FOR GORGEOUS HIGH PERCENT ARABIAN DILUTES AND DOUBLE DILUTES

http://www.goldarabians.com

#12 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

someone said as long as they have a bill of sale from the auction, and it does not say "sold without papers" that AHA will transfer the ownership

#13 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,244 posts
  • Interests:Breeder of pure Polish Arabians. Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x AHBliss), available at stud to approved mares.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

someone said as long as they have a bill of sale from the auction, and it does not say "sold without papers" that AHA will transfer the ownership

I was not aware that AHA would do that. I thought there had to be a court order or something showing you acquired the horse after a lawful seizure, etc.    Am I mistaken?  Will AHA provide papers if a person simply produces a bill of sale?  Seems that is promoting theft and forgery and is contrary to all the stories I have heard from others who have acquired rescues and put an extreme amount of time and energy into working with AHA to get papers, though unsuccessfully.

• Okie likes this
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#14 Slide

Slide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

I don't think so Shelly. I'd be really surprised.
  • dowedoit likes this

#15 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

they were talking about this horse on FB and someone posted this bit of info..............so maybe some things have changed at AHA?

it did seem to make it clear that the bill of sale had to specify the horse's papers were available - - that it should not say "sold without papers"

#16 arabfan

arabfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

He is safe! Thank goodness.

There is a gray arabian gelding that is still in the kp. If he came in with the stallion, it is likely that he is MIRAGE KU MOUN AHA#538380. He is said to be broke to ride...Gorgeous boy. He has the same sire as the stallion.

http://www.auctionho...arabian-gelding
  • Remali likes this

#17 JRS Gentle Hills

JRS Gentle Hills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, of course!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

Same owner (and breeder). Hmmmm.   Bet she deliberately dumped them.

JRs Gentle Hills Custom Metals **Hand Made Rasp Spurs & Horse Shoe Spurs
www.JRsCustomMetals.com
JRs Gentle Hills Farm **Standing the YOUNGEST *NABORR grandson ALIVE!!!
www.JRsGentleHills.com
Prestige Elite Marketing * Videography - Marketing Videos * Photography * eblasts * etc.
www.PrestigeEliteMarketing.com

#18 El Bey Angel

El Bey Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

Curious; has this breeder been around for a while? We have a horse that is a 2000 model, was dumped at auction when he was young--no papers, history, etc. He was a monorchid, was sold at auction as a gelding! :) My guess was they didn't want him attached to a breeding program. We're just as happy with papers as without, but can't help being curious, as it sure would be nice to know where he came from. Do you think it's possible he's one of hers? He came from WA. Haven't had a lot of experience with the Fadjur bred horses--if you guys think it's possible, I might try contacting her, just in case. 

424028_4261202047359_749504251_n.jpg419198_4261201087335_754884677_n.jpg

425625_4261200847329_778407085_n.jpg

• Remali likes this
Posted Image
My Graphite and colored pencil art gallery:
Bridgette Lewis Art

#19 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • Interests:Arabians/Half- Arabians
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Curious; has this breeder been around for a while? We have a horse that is a 2000 model, was dumped at auction when he was young--no papers, history, etc. He was a monorchid, was sold at auction as a gelding! :) My guess was they didn't want him attached to a breeding program. We're just as happy with papers as without, but can't help being curious, as it sure would be nice to know where he came from. Do you think it's possible he's one of hers? He came from WA. Haven't had a lot of experience with the Fadjur bred horses--if you guys think it's possible, I might try contacting her, just in case. 

----------------

She is only listed as having bred 15 horses.  Nothing listed as being born in 2000

Here is a list of the foals she bred-

TC SERRA AHR*512467 31-March-1994 Mare Grey
TC SPARK AHR*523430 01-May-1994 Gelding Grey
SB PALLADYN AHR*535726 04-April-1995 Gelding Bay
BLUE MOON SPIRIT AHR*535727 02-April-1995 Mare Grey
MIRAGE KU MOUN AHR*538380 11-May-1996 Gelding Grey
TC MOUNSHINE AHR*550429 16-May-1996 Gelding Chestnut
PADJURAMOUN AHR*550469 03-May-1996 Mare Bay
LJ MOUN RAFF AHR*588208 14-May-1996 Gelding Grey
MISS YAR AHR*592711 28-April-2002 Mare Chestnut
ZOEY RASINE SHAAT AHR*613344 15-April-2002 Mare Grey
TC FADJURS ECHO AHR*621129 14-May-1999 Stallion Bay
TC COMET AHR*623803 31-March-2006 Gelding Grey
TC FADJURA AHR*623807 21-February-2006 Mare Grey
FAYNTASIA AHR*624312 24-June-2004 Mare Bay
GAMBLEN MOUN SHAAT AHR*628962 26-April-2003 Gelding Chestnut

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion. 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 2014 Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia),10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#20 El Bey Angel

El Bey Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Thank you BFF! Bummer, none on the list match. Thank you though, I still try and follow every lead--would be nice to know exactly where/who he came from. 

Posted Image
My Graphite and colored pencil art gallery:
Bridgette Lewis Art