Photo

Hello

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

My Name is Jean Timothee, Prince de Turquie

The Polish Purebred Arabian horses are placed in the world"s most forefront for years, while Pure Polish brand is the byword of the highest quality among the breeders all over the world.

In 1864 the westernizing Ottoman Sultan, establishing his own blood

stock, imported 90 mares and two stallions,  including some descendants of the 1855 stallion Indjanin imported from England from Count Branicki"s studs "Szamrajowka, Janiszowka and Uzin" in Bialocerkiew.

This farm's reputation was so brilliant that the Ottoman Sultan Abdulaziz, sent his stall master the native Polish Władysław Kościelski alias Sefer Pasha (1819-1895) there, to choose Arabian horses to refresh and replenish the sultan's own stud at Kabiuk,  the earliest stud farm in today Bulgaria.
It was started by Sultan Abdulaziz in 1864 under the supervision of Midhat Pasha, the Governor of the Ottoman Danube Province, as a military stud farm for the Turkish army. The stud farm is on the Shumen Plato, 13 km northeast of Shumen; the average altitude is 194 m. Even in the first years of its operation, the number of horses reached about 1000. Later, in the course of the 1877-78 Russian-Turkish War, all horses were transported to Istanbul by the withdrawing Turkish army, and later sold back to Poland. The newly liberated Bulgarian state found the stud farm empty.

What surprises me is that  "Sultan Abdulaziz" not turned to the Bedouin or Egyptian Khedive to import Arabian horses (the Arabia Deserta was a hundred-year-long part of the Ottoman Empire as well as North Africa).
No, he went to Europe to Count Branicki from Bialocerkiew.

#2 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Welcome to ABN!

It is always wonderful to meet a new friend that has a love for the Arabian horse.  We would welcome any photos you can share of your horses!

Sue Wells

Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#3 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Thank you

My preferred Tailfemale line is the P Family of Szamrajowka 1810 the only Bialocerkiew foundation mare who survived and established a super Family.

Also I like the Ursus Tailmale line in the Spanish Arabians, because Ursus is the only one Sireline who also traces to Bialocerkiew Stud.

My breeding program, the combination of these two lines.

#4 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Welcome Jean!  What a fascinating family history you have with the Arabian horse!  I love the Polish horses and breed pure Polish horses.  I would love to hear about your horses and would love to see photos.  Please share when you can!

Ferhan was stunningly beautiful!  Thank you for sharing.  

Shelly

Wistful Meadow Farm

Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#5 Slide

Slide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

My Name is Jean Timothee de Turquie

The Polish Purebred Arabian horses are placed in the world"s most forefront for years, while Pure Polish brand is the byword of the highest quality among the breeders all over the world.

In 1864 my Ancestor the westernizing Ottoman Sultan Abdulaziz, establishing his own blood
stock, imported 90 mares and two stallions,  including some descendants of the 1855 stallion Indjanin imported from England from Count Branicki"s studs in Bialocerkiew.

This farm's reputation was so brilliant that, my Ancestor the Ottoman Sultan Abdulaziz, sent his ahiragasi, or stall master, there to choose Arabian horses to refresh and replenish the sultan's own stud.  

Enclosed is a painting of Sultan Abdulaziz shows with his favorite stallion Ferhan.Ferhan's parents came from the collection of import horses from the stud Bialocerkiew.I do not believe in the Book of Guttmann/Klynstra claiming the Polish Arabian Horses are Partbred's.As you can see, the stallion Ferhan was in classical Arabic Type.

Gorgeous. Ferhan reminds me of Solstice (Salon x Passionate by El Paso), one of my favorite sires

#6 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Welcome and asalaam alakium!  I eagerly look forward to learning from you. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable knowledge with us.

Best regards and wa alakium asalaam,

Amber 

Abilene, Kansas

PA Hi-Ly Visible: [(by Magnum Psyche) PA Hi-Noon x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], frighteningly intelligent 2005 chestnut Arabian gelding.

Sterling, aka "Fluffy": mellow and bombproof grade Arabian gelding. His putative identity is Sterling Son (by Baraka Zouheir), pending submission of the DNA test kit.

Moonie the Mob Boss: mini palomino gelding, was the head of a large drug cartel in his previous lifetime.

#7 BusyGal

BusyGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hi Jean,

Welcome! Where are you located? Tell us about your horses that you have.

#8 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

I live in Germany.

Unfortunately, I do not breed Horses just, but if, then Polish - Spanish (only this two Line's who traces back  to Bialocerkiew stud) Cross.
Tail female line of Szamrajowka and Tail male line of Ursus.

#9 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Fascinating!

PA Hi-Ly Visible: [(by Magnum Psyche) PA Hi-Noon x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], frighteningly intelligent 2005 chestnut Arabian gelding.

Sterling, aka "Fluffy": mellow and bombproof grade Arabian gelding. His putative identity is Sterling Son (by Baraka Zouheir), pending submission of the DNA test kit.

Moonie the Mob Boss: mini palomino gelding, was the head of a large drug cartel in his previous lifetime.

#10 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

I hope it will be happend, Thank you.

Gorgeous. Ferhan reminds me of Solstice (Salon x Passionate by El Paso), one of my favorite Sires

Indeed,he have a big resemblace with Ferhan:  http://www.arabiansites.com/solstice/

Amazing !