46 replies to this topic

#11 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

IMHO- I think he would have been a really good sire if he had been used to produce Sport horses, especially. Dressage, not halter or English horses. If I remember correctly I think his stud fee was pretty high.
  • Tamcam and Peter Mileo like this
WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and all around good guy. AWA GLORIOUS+/ multiple Regional Champion and mult. SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, CA LAILAH- SHN Top 10
WR SHADDO HAWK- Multi Regional Champion and SHN Top 10 (3rd) SHIH
MAGNIFICO ZF- Regional Champion halter and SHN Reserve Champion SHIH yearling

#12 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

IMHO- I think he would have been a really good sire if he had been used to produce Sport horses, especially. Dressage, not halter or English horses. If I remember correctly I think his stud fee was pretty high.

Good points.  His stud fee was $4 or 5 thousand I believe.  He was bred to the typical American bred mares also which probably didn't help.  He probably could have sired some great Sport type horses.  

Regards,
Peter

• HRNArabians likes this

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#13 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

I've seen several of his get and its a mixed bag, some good and some not so good.  They are all athletic and I very much agree with Windridge that he should have been used as a sire for sport vs trying to get english horses.  I have a very good friend who bought a colt as an english prospect and they ended up showing him in reining.  Another aquaintence bought a couple of mares sired by him from his owners when they were in CA. and lets just say OPINIONATED - LOL.  That said, I think they have had good results with both mares breeding. but not english horses...

He is a lovely stallion with incredible range of motion.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#14 NadiaKA

NadiaKA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

I have always been a fan of *Emanor, love his sire line. Saw his son Araby I believe at Scottsdale 2006 and is still a highlight of that show for me. Came very close to breeding to another son of his years ago, FF Kokopelli. Only the last minute discovery of a stallion we felt was even better for the mare changed our minds. Would definitely have considered breeding to *Emanor himself but his stud fee was/is way out of our range.

Nadia
Kakagi Arabians
Straight Russian Arabians
Featuring the offspring of *Nefison (Mag x Nefisa)

#15 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

I'm curious to see what mares MSU used him on and what he produced for them.
WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and all around good guy. AWA GLORIOUS+/ multiple Regional Champion and mult. SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, CA LAILAH- SHN Top 10
WR SHADDO HAWK- Multi Regional Champion and SHN Top 10 (3rd) SHIH
MAGNIFICO ZF- Regional Champion halter and SHN Reserve Champion SHIH yearling

#16 saguaroarab4

saguaroarab4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

I will say that everyone who sees my mare thinks she should be a reiner. Quarter horse people LOVE her, and when I lived in Seattle a jockey from Santa Ana once came to visit and said, "At last, an Arabian I'm used to seeing!" Meaning she looked like a race horse. lol

She actually would be a great western horse. I'm just so not into western. I lived up where they were breeding him at the time. The vets said the mare I bred was far better quality than any mare they had seen that season. It was unfortunate that they weren't more selective. She was not polish but mostly Crabbet. It was my intention to use this mare as as a broodmare as I think that would be her strength but we moved again and well...

#17 saguaroarab4

saguaroarab4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

He was bred to a lot of polish horses, as well as a bunch of backyard varieties but it was never the right nick imo 

I believe his best were the half arab crosses, Call Me Emmie, I think? One of my favs

#18 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

He is looking stunning!  I also saw him last month.  I agree: call or email Paula.  She responds to emails quickly.  She is VERY honest about her horses and will give you a great assessment of him.  

• AccentoArabians likes this

#19 Terra Sano

Terra Sano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Kind of a tweener.  Nice horse whose neck and trot just didn't match.

#20 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

I love Emanor- he's the reason I got into Arabians in the first place when I was young.

He currently stands at MSU though he's not owned by them. His current stud fee is $2,000 and they want you to take the mare there and leave her there until checked in foal at 45 days. He does not ship.

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA
2010 53% Arabian Cremello Colt
(Allusive Gold ss X Wyo Prairie Pearl)