Photo

Howdy from Oklahoma :-)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 alodi

alodi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hi from Oklahoma. I am a 56 yr old female who has owned horses since I was 14. I have always loved Arabian horses and especially the Egyptian Arabians.

About 3 1/2 yrs ago I lost my 3/4 Arab mare to congestive heart failure at the age of 24. I had had her since she was 1 week short of 4 months. I am just now getting past her passing enough to start considering acquiring a nice quiet well trained Arabian to be my last riding horrse. My health is not so good anymore with heart problems of my own and spinal stenosis aiming me at a wheel chair in the not so distant future and I am unable to work. Whatever I end up with needs to be quiet enough to switch over to driving when I can no longer ride but for now I want to ride while I still can and get the exercise I so badly need but cannot walk enough to get under my own power. I do not mind an older horse around 15 or so but have lost too many of my old four footed friends to want to go much older. It is just too heart breaking.

I am looking mainly for a horse to trail ride, ride to the lake and back, ride with my friends who all seem to have this thing for tall horses and maybe have a little fun with at the little local open shows. I do not have the money or inclination to be a show home and the most ambitious show I might hit would be at the state fair in Oklahoma city. Much as I would like to rescue one from a kill pen,  I do not have the fund to transport one very far nor the physical ability to retrain one who may have issues. LOL I cannot afford a pasture ornament at this time. Already have two of those I am feeding and working on on my 'good' days.

If you know of a horse needing a home that the two of us might fit together, let me know.

Always help someone, you might be the only one who does.

I've been so busy that I don't know if I found a rope or lost a horse.

Yesterday I reached the end of my rope, I just hope there's an Arabian on the other end.

Sometimes lifes aggravations exceed the number of available cuss words.

#2 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Welcome.   I am sure there are plenty in your area to choose from.

MaryJo

#3 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

I wonder if OHR has one that might suit your needs. She needs to down size quick due to a job loss. I will pm her.