Photo

Sansaki: What does anyone know about her line?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 BeckyAlexander

BeckyAlexander

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hello!  I'm fairly new to this forum, but it seems like a neat place to learn.  The knowledge that I'm seeking today is about my Spanish Arabian mare, Sansaki.  (Registered name; I call her Arabella.)  I'd never even heard of the Spanish lineage until I bought her as a rescue case.  She is a dear sweet thing; very intuitive, not pushy, eager to please.  But her first nine years she spent without any more than basic halter training, until the person who rescued her green broke her.  She is first off my pet, but I do want to do something with her too, though I am not very experienced yet in training.  (I have a great trainer I can work with, though!) 

So, does anyone know what types of show events or games the Sasaki line is known to be most competitive in?  Or from looking at her, what kind of things do you think she'd be good at?  Or does it matter all that much?

Also, if there are any other cool fun facts about her lineage or Spanish Arabians in general, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks much!  I'll post some pictures, both from the summer and winter.  (I apologize that she's a bit muddy in a few winter pictures- there's only so much a brush alone can do in winter!) 

(And yes, she's loose in some of the pictures.  She never strays far; she can't tolerate being without me nearby or her goat companions.  And I can lead her without a halter, so catching her to put her back in her pen is no problem.)

-Becky

Arabella edit.JPG Arabella Trotting 2 edit.JPG Prancing Beauty edit.JPG Arabella Standing edit.JPG Elegant Horse.JPG Arabella Approaches edit.JPG Arabella Elegant edit.JPG Arabella Walking Elegantly edit.JPG

#2 BeckyAlexander

BeckyAlexander

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Realized I didn't giver her pedigree; might be helpful!  http://www.allbreedp...ree.com/sansaki

-Becky

#3 brandy120

brandy120

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

Welcome to adn !! You forgot to put in your title " cutest horse ever!"

I love the Spanish horses. Two of mine are. I think the Spanish horses are very smart and tend to be kid friendly.

I don't know what her lines are known for but she looks to be over all very athletic. She should excel in what ever discipline you want.
The most important thing is have fun with her.
Autism Rocks! and flips and flaps and squeaks and squeals and licks.

#4 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

Wow.   She certainly looks like her breeding. 

I bet she is athletic as well as beautiful.

MaryJo

#5 buradura

buradura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Realized I didn't giver her pedigree; might be helpful!  http://www.allbreedp...ree.com/sansaki

-Becky

you have a Classical Pure bred spanish mare  Sasaki wa sknown as abroodmare sire menaing his daughters were great moms  An Malik was owned by Green Gate arabians Christie Hart 's  grandparents 

most notable Sasaki is known as magnum Psyche's dam's sire 

http://www.allbreedp...ssword=&x=0&y=0

Barb Walker