Photo

straight crabbet mare on dreamhorse

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 klagrutta

klagrutta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

I know these lines are getting harder to find but it looks like there is a straight crabbet mare on dreamhorse. 2002 model that is trained to ride. Her name is Tiara Sparkle (BL Indian Diamond x BL Majestic Jewel) . Looks like a lot of Silver Vanity and Count Dorsaz. Okay there is a correction. Mare is 100% GSB and CMK but not 100% Crabbet. I did not know how to change the topic.

#2 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

LOVE this breeding and she is so darling! Anyone passing by, feel free to drop this mare off at my house. ;)

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#3 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Isn't she a cutie.

Here is the ad-

http://www.dreamhors...orse_id=1802931

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#4 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

what a lovely mare. hope a crabbet enthusiast gets their hands on her. spread the word people. 

Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.

#5 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Okay, just been told she is NOT pure Crabbet. Guys do your maths first.

Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.

#6 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

We're not the ones who did the maths, that would be her seller...though it's good to be fully informed. Where does she fall out of being pure Crabbet, and what would you say her percentage is?

My first purebred show mare was a Silver Vanity great-granddaughter and she was 86%, with an Egyptian line on her dam's side. Thus my deep love for Crabbet -related horses!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#7 klagrutta

klagrutta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

This is why I posted that she seemed to be straight crabbet. I just looked her up in datasource and she has all English breeding. I would assume to be straight crabbet all the horses need to trace back to the Crabbet stud? So what would be a better description? CMK? Thanks

#8 debs

debs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Lovely girl....

#9 Dawn JL

Dawn JL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

She would count as 100% GSB (General Studbook) and also as 100% CMK.  100% GSB horses are also hard to find these days.

At a quick glance --or even a fairly close look-- it is not easy to find the non-Crabbet GSB sources unless one is *very* familiar with the specific names of the Crabbet foundation horses and the GSB horses of non-Crabbet lineage.   It's good to have clarity --which is why I passed on the link to a few people who would have had better knowledge than I do.  :-)    Given the shrinking pool of straight Crabbet horses, in case the mare had turned out to be a straight Crabbet, it was worth passing on. And she IS a 100% GSB mare which could be of interest to someone.

Dawn Jones-Low
Faerie Court Farm
Magical Arabian Sport Horses

www.faeriecourtfarm.com
Visit Faerie Court Farm on facebook
FCF Oberons Vanity on facebook

#10 klagrutta

klagrutta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for the update! I just knew anything straight is getting harder to find these days and sometimes I find horses with interesting bloodlines owned by individuals. I changed my first entry but didn't know how to change the topic.