Photo

Please help - right now

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Please help - right now it's important . There is a bill Nevada SB 72 right now in session to stop horse tripping in Nevada . This link will take you to a place you can leave a comment please do it , please share with other horse lovers . ...If you are from another State simply put as a horse lover you will spend your tourist money in another place if this inhumane practice is allowed to continue here . This has nothing to do with traditional Rodeo and will not effect it in anyway . It is a horrible practice on par with dog and chicken fighting and it's need to be illegal here . Thank you so much , last time it was defeated by the Hispanic groups lobbying that it is their hertitage , we are only in session every two years . If it is defeated again it will be two more years of this horse torture . Please vote FOR the bill to pass to stop horse tripping

#2 zeplinsmom

zeplinsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

In case anyone thinks there is nothing wrong with horse tripping, I will share the story of a horse who was severely traumatized by horse trippers in Nebraska. Here is Jack Tripper's story:

http://krazycindy.bl...ck-tripper.html

NUHA ARABIAN ATHLETES ( http://nuhaarabianathletes.webs.com ) standing:

OSIRION (Omar Saaliim x Mysteekh by Ibn El Mareekh) - 2011 grey Straight Egyptian Arabian stallion

breeders of SE and CMK Arabians of classic type, beauty and movement

#3 WildfireArabians

WildfireArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

http://www.idausa.or...setripping.html

"horse-tripping is so cruel that it has been banned in several U.S. states, including California, Florida, Illinois, Maine, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas, in film and TV production, by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA), and by the American Quarter Horse Association."

Kelsa Staffa

Wildifre Arabians - Breeding and training Arabian horses to go the distance!

http://www.wildfirearabians.com/

#4 Lana

Lana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

There is something mentaly unbalanced in people who abuse animals in the name of "tradition"--which means there are a lot of mentaly unbalanced people in our society.  Everytime I hear someone say its their "tradition" to do whatever to an animal--I want to say its my "tradition" to hit you with this baseball bat--since baseball is a national pastime in the US.  Makes about as much sence to make that comment as it does for people to make a comment in the name of "tradition" that is abusive to animals.  How stupid these people are.  Tradition is a 4th. of July picnic--birthdays-parades--etc.--not to abuse an animal.  That is just plain sick.

#5 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Signed................ I put my Texas address, I hope this insanity stops!! Thank you for bringing this to our attention

Sonya

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, there would be more vegetarians"

#6 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Please Please help us ! just leave a polite comment saying you will spend your money in another place if this allowed to continue and horse tripping has nothing to do with our Western Heritage , this bill also protects steers from the tail twisting . We have a huge and very vocal Hispanic population here and it's so important we let them know we are louder . It's starting to help on the Federal level with the mustangs but we need to protect our horses - Arabians are so popular for this torture because they are smaller and lighter . Take just 30 seconds today right now to fill in the form and share this on FB or other horse forums . Thank you

#7 loriwoo

loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

doing my small part now,, you should put this on facebook too, I am sure lots more people would see it.

It is not the quality of silver on your horse, it is the quality of horse under your silver.

#8 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

done

#9 loriwoo

loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

I put it on my facebook page..

It is not the quality of silver on your horse, it is the quality of horse under your silver.

#10 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Thank you - Heidi and Loriwoo I did put it on my FB page and asked people to share it but didn't post to any of the groups because most are breed and discipline specific and I don't want to offend anyone ( I can't believe I have to be so PC ) . If you are in one of the States that has already outlawed it make sure to say it has not effected Ranching or Traditional Rodeo .

A source just told me that they tacked on " no hot shoting"  and now the Rodeo people are upset and will try to get it defeated as written . Hot shoting is using a cattle prod or hot shot in the shoots to get bulls and horses to come out bucking at Traditional Rodeo .