Photo

Hello from sunny Arizona!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#11 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hello! I show Miniature Australian Shepherds in conformation. I only have Miniature Australian Shepherds right now. AKC finally accepted the mini Aussie but only if they were called Mini American (same breed, different name); I haven't decided if I'll make the switch to AKC or not. Mine are currently registered MASCA, ASDR and NAMASCUSA.
They have amazing temperaments and are part of our family. My male is the biggest snuggle bug and my female is a goofball. I love them, I'll never own another breed.
My male just recently won his International Puppy Championship title. Pretty proud of him. After all health testing is complete and clear- OFA, CERF, MDR1, PRCD (hips, eyes, ivermectin allergy, PRA) we will be expecting our very first litter either late summer/early fall. There are all colors expected- blue Merle, red Merle, black Tri, red Tri.
You can visit my site www.casitaminiaussies.com and www.facebook.com/casitaminiaussies
Photo #1 my male- Int'l Puppy Ch. Bar-KL's Quick On The Draw
Photo #2 my female- Moonbaby's Blame It On The Boom Boom

These are very nice looking dogs.... Sure wish I knew how to show dogs....

I agree that this testing is so important with breeding stock. There are way too many Aussie breeders that don't do any of this - and don't even know what the tests are.  

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#12 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

The first Aussie breeders I ever met (back in the late '80s) were breeding blue merle dogs with blue eyes and white heads, to each other (which results in deaf puppies, among other things, which they KNEW could happen). NOT a responsible breeding program! Glad to see the testing has advanced to such a degree and that ethical people do take advantage of it.

Good for you, AshleyL!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#13 Laura

Laura

Laura

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Hi!

You have some lovely horses and dogs!

Sunny Arizona....dont rub it in. :)

#14 AshleyL

AshleyL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Awe! Thank you for all the kind comments! It's so nice to meet friendly people that love Arabians and Dogs. They pretty much go hand in hand. ;)
Ashleyalindauer@gmail.com
www.casitaminiaussies.com

#15 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Glad you joined us here!!

I run into so many horse people or former horse people when I show dogs.  It really does go hand in hand.

I absolutely love showing dogs. I love grooming my dog for the breed ring and I adore Obedience and agility too.

I have seen some nice Mini Aussies come out of Timeless Kennels which is about an hour north of me.  As I said before

every time I see one I am sorely tempted.  Though my Collie breeder would kill me as I am soon due for another Collie from her.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050