Photo

Any ideas?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 livinthelife07

livinthelife07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hi everyone!  I'm new to ABN and I was wondering if you would be able to help me with this.  I have an Arab mare that was bred in Ohio and shown as a young mare.  Her sire was Bataann and her dam was Corinthae; full pedigree can be found on http://www.allbreedp....com/gz phaedra

A little background information, I purchased Cricket from a breeder in Iowa who had too many horses and was down on her luck.  When Cricket was finally delivered to my sister's home she was severely underweight and lost the foal that she had been carrying.  We brought her back up to par and she is now a well-loved, happy mare that does not act her age.  We bred her in 2011 to our Paint stud and she produced a gorgeous half-Arab tobiano colt who I would love to show in SHIH this year.  We re-bred her for 2013 and are expecting a foal next month.  We're so excited!  Cricket has turned out to be a wonderful youth's mount and really takes care of her rider.  She has excellent feet, a compact body, a to-die-for disposition, and a people loving personality.  She is going to make her debut endurance ride this year with my 7 yr old niece.

I would love to know more about her breeding and what she is considered (CMK/Crabbet/etc).  I will try to find a picture of her to post on here.  

Bluespruce Shakespear (SH Rembrandt x Bluespruce Terysa)

Sunny (PA Hi-Noon get)

#2 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

Just browsing at her pedigree, I would estimate that she is 50% Polish (her sire is, I believe, is pure Polish racing bred), 30% Crabbet and 20% Egyptian.  She has neither the sire line or dam line to be considered CMK but I bet she is very athletic!!  She is going to be perfect for endurance with her racing lines and her very nice Crabbet and Egyptian lines.  They were all bred to be 'doing' horses.

Carrie

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open
"Using Bloodlines of the Past, To Create Beautiful Athletes of the Future!"

#3 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Your mare has some really great horses in her pedigree. Her sire is a whos' who of great Polish breeding. Including Bandola the full sister to *Bask

You can read some information about her sire here-

http://www.ablackhor...c/3891-bataann/

An excerpt from Dick Reed on that thread-   "*BATAAN was foaled January 15, 1976 in Sweden. He was bred by Countess Penelope Lewenhaupt from imported Polish horses. He was brought to the United States as a yearling by Nodoroma Arabians. Ten years later he was sold to Paulo Gucci. He survived the misery of the fall of Gucci's Millfield Farms and was purchased by Bill Kraft. He lived the last years of his life with Bill Kraft and Linda Watkins in Tioga, Texas where he was much loved and well cared for.

*BATAAN was the son of BANAT (El Azrak X Bandola by Witraz) and from the KRZYZYK d.b. 1869 sire line, imported to Jarczowce in 1876. 

His dam CANTATA (Litaur X Canaria by Trypolis) was from the MILORDKA dam line. CANTATA was CANARIA's last foal. 

CANARIA born in 1942 was one of the prized broodmares that helped reestablish Polish Arabian horses after WW II. In addition to CANTATA, she produced GWARA (by Wielki Szlem) the dam of GWARNY, she produced CELEBES (by Witraz), she produced CALIOPE (by Witraz) imported to the US and seen extensively in US pedigrees.

*BATAAN was the sire of 249 foals. He was successful as both the sire of show horses and performance horses. One of his most highly regarded progeny is the stallion NF PROOF (out of *Szalka by Eleuzis) who won over $191,000 in four years of racing and is now the sought after sire of race horses."

--------

Your mares dam is a classic Azraff/Ferzon cross which was the very cross that Gainey Arabians used in their program that produced so many stellar horses.

Your mare was shown a little bit in the early 90s with the following results-

DANIEL BOONE ALL ARABIAN (1697) Region:  14 02-MAY-92 to 02-MAY-92
                  Arabian Mare Breeding      3         5     0
KY COMBINED CLASSIC 1 (1094) Region:  14 31-AUG-91 to 31-AUG-91
                  Arabian Mare Breeding      1         9     2
AHAO SUMMER CLASSIC (1229) Region:  14 24-AUG-91 to 25-AUG-91
                  Arabian Mare Breeding      4         8     0
BLUEGRASS SPRING FESTIVAL (1097) Region:  14 08-MAY-91 to 09-MAY-91
                  Arabian Mare Breeding      2         12     1
DANIEL BOONE ALL ARABIAN (1288) Region:  14 04-MAY-91 to 04-MAY-91
                  Arabian Mare Breeding      1         3     0

Last but not least your mare is the dam of a Legion of Supreme Merit winner-  Trumpet+/ born in 1997 sired by Latest Triumph.

Looks like you got a great gal!  I would strongly discourage starting her endurance career at age 24 though. Even if she was young, I do not even know how there would be time to get her in proper condition for a ride when she is going to foal next month and will be tied up with motherly duties for the next several months.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#4 livinthelife07

livinthelife07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Thank you BFF!  That was definitely informative.  I've been looking for horses with similar breeding because of how much we love her and her personality but cannot seem to find them.  We are hoping for many more years with this girl and we do our best in keeping her at peak condition.  Here are a couple of pictures of Cricket from this winter and her 2012 son.  The second photo she is being ridden by my 3 yr old niece.  The quality of the photos isn't the greatest as they were taken with a camera phone.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012-11-18_14-17-25_552.jpg
  • ResizedImage_1355365959408.jpg
  • 2012-11-18_14-18-37_955.jpg

Sunny (PA Hi-Noon get)

#5 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Shes definitely worth her weight in gold.

What a good girl she is.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#6 beyfan

beyfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

What a treasure you have there! And welcome to ABN. :)

#7 livinthelife07

livinthelife07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Thanks beyfan!  She is definitely worth her weight in gold.  Here are a couple of more pictures.  The first is from this last summer and the second was shortly after foaling with her 2012 half-arab colt.

Attached Thumbnails

• Riding double.jpeg
  • 2012.jpeg

Sunny (PA Hi-Noon get)

#8 livinthelife07

livinthelife07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Here are a few pictures of her 2013 filly! Born at 5am this morning.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20130415_085111_0451.jpg
  • IMG_20130415_080207_1141.jpg
  • IMG_20130415_080148_0431.jpg

Sunny (PA Hi-Noon get)

#9 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Awwww she is such a good girl, Congratultions on a beautiful filly!

Sonya

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, there would be more vegetarians"

#10 lkirby

lkirby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

You have a very nice mare.  If you should want to breed for a replacement pure-Arabian horse, you should consider seriously consider Noble Rhyton, who is a son of the National Halter Champion Gai Monarch out of a pure-Polish mare, Cesarzowa.  You can find more information about Noble Rhyton in ABN's Stallion at Stud subforum.

Lorna G. Kirby, PE

When you have gone through fire, you won't fade in the sun!!