Photo

Egyptian Presence at the Vegas World Cup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

The Pyramid Society will again be having their educational/promotional booth at their prime location by the entrance for guests to the main arena at the World Cup at the South Point here in Las Vegas in April. Scott Benjamin will be giving a seminar early morning on Saturday, April 20. Anyone coming to the show....we will again try to have an enthusiasts get-together for show and tell, networking, and food..... one of the days/nights of the show. Will let you know what day and time are best for the most people. Thanks, Marilee of Las Vegas (TPS member since 1981). Also let us know of any Egyptian Arabian enthusiasts coming and any Egyptian horses to watch out for. :wub:

#2 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Saturday at 7:30 am, a free seminar, sponsored by The Pyramid Society, "The Egyptian Allure: Enduring Influence in the International Show Ring", by Scott Benjamin. Do not see this listed on the Breeder's Cup website, but on TPS's.

Here is a partial, ongoing list of Egyptian horses in Las Vegas, since I began studying them in the late 70s: I will add to this list as I recall them. For horses/bloodlines that are so rare, seeing this many here in Las Vegas in this brief time is fascinating. I will also send this along to The Pyramid Society, and to Scott, so they know the past, present, and future impact of just a few horses in one area over time.

Wayne Newton had a stallion in his early days (video of him riding), SE/AK. Also his BlueSpruce Tanzeer had lines to *Ansata Ibn Halima/ El Hilal.

*Almudaffar, Glorieta Monhalim, Princess of Egypt, Reg Moniet Fasha, Imperial Im Sirdar, son/daughter of----- Ansata Ibn Sudan, El Hilal, AK El Maleek (*Refky X Fa Halima), Fa Daalim, Glorieta Ali Sudan, Raadin Inshalla, The Patrician (to El Hilal), Na Ibn Moniet, Nazkaro, Moniet El Sharaf, Ansata Shah Zaman, Ramses Es Shams,  2*Talal grandsons, AN Monsanto, Ra Halin (to *Ansata Ibn Halima).

Thanks, and I will keep thinking and looking.............  

#3 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

This seminar, as well as the other ones, is now listed on the Breeder's Cup website. These educational events are free............

#4 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

This is neat! Didn't know this was happening! 

I am colt-sitting a youngster that is showing that morning but would love to stop by. I'm no longer an SE owner, but have a really heavy Egyptian presence in my breeding program. Would love to catch this! 

Unfortunately I don't have any Egyptian horses at the show, but am interested to see who has some here :) 

Home of:
multi regional champion RB Cavalier 1991 black stallion(Arabi Fadh Onyx x BA Cerulean Ebony)
reserve national champion AO Breeze 2001 chestnut stallion (Aclsic Raff x Mosha Khaitlyn)
scottsdale top 10/regional top 5 Moments Light 2001 gray mare (Thee Masterpiece x Moments Sequel)

#5 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Here is where to look. They have added more seminars lately.........arabianbreedersworldcup.com/news/2013-educational-seminars---dates, times, topics, guest speakers.

#6 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

ok---will try again this year. Who is up for meeting somewhere and doing show-and-tell about our horses? Always like to see NICE Egyptian ones, and meet enthused people like me. My 2 page ad honoring my horse Macho REA, and Ansata El Alim, and Julia Byfield ("In Loving Memory") are in TPS (The Pyramid Society) membership directory, and  on their website, in the Egyptian Event prize list. Love :wub: how it turned out, and it is asking for more people to try to mentor, and to REACH out with their horses----Reaching out with your Egyptian Arabians = Children + Horses. I do not have a cellphone, but we can email or leave messages at TPS booth there at the show. Or decide when and where to meet. B-) Once upon a time, there were only a few Egyptian horses here in Las Vegas, and most of them were in my backyard. Others came and went, and I am still around....... :)

#7 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

Revisiting this topic to see who and what horses are coming  this year to try to find you. Still would love to have an Egyptian Arabian Lovers meet-and-greet. Will see what afternoons/evenings are open, and if the classes are finished early this year on some of the nights. Loved the Egyptian influence in the seminars in the past, but have not heard what is going on there as yet for this year. Have also not heard anything about any demos/educational venues or performance. Halter and liberty only is what I see. Lovely weather here right now. 

#8 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:00 AM

When does it start and who is posting it live on line?

#9 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:59 AM

They have redone their website since last year I think, but do not see any seminars or educational venues listed. I will miss that.

#10 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:53 PM

Seeing who is coming with any Egyptian horses this year??? Would love to talk pedigrees and bloodlines. I do not see any seminars, but there will be the Breeders' Forum on Saturday. The Pyramid Society will not have a booth this time, but I have renewed my membership for another year since 1981. My Ansata Ibn Sudan grand-daughter is now 30. :wub: