Photo

Hello from Arizona

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 cheeriohorse

cheeriohorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hello from Arizona. I'm new to this forum but I"ve been riding for well over 20 years and have had Arabians for the past 10 years. Currently I have one little Babson bred gelding named CN Shaliczar, my good old TB jumper (now retired) named Cheerio, and most recently I adopted a yearling half-Arabian stud colt I've named Hopper (short for Grasshopper, because he has a lot to learn, lol)

I quit showing back when I was in Michigan but now that I'm in the Arabian land of Phoenix AZ I have the bug to get back in the ring. Something about going to the Scottsdale Show just makes me want to dust my tall boots and get back in the ring. I

#2 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Welcome! And good luck venturing back into the Arabian arena!
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#3 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Great area to live in. Lots of Arabians and more trainers moving there all the time. So, with new "relocated" performance trainers , business must be booming

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#4 slightsey

slightsey

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hi Welcome!

#5 Luminosity

Luminosity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

WELCOME!! I used to live in Phoenix, then moved back to Tucson. Now I'm in Texas. Sure do miss the the many horse barns and stables available--not to mention there always seemed to be a show or clinic occurring somewhere! A lot less action here.

'Hope you do get back in the show ring!

Hello from Arizona. I'm new to this forum but I"ve been riding for well over 20 years and have had Arabians for the past 10 years. Currently I have one little Babson bred gelding named CN Shaliczar, my good old TB jumper (now retired) named Cheerio, and most recently I adopted a yearling half-Arabian stud colt I've named Hopper (short for Grasshopper, because he has a lot to learn, lol)

I quit showing back when I was in Michigan but now that I'm in the Arabian land of Phoenix AZ I have the bug to get back in the ring. Something about going to the Scottsdale Show just makes me want to dust my tall boots and get back in the ring. I

'Used to live there. Let me know if I can be of help referring trainers, barns, etc.

Horses are a great relief for stress & depression

Fire++/ (*Nabor x Bur Ann)

LUMINOSITY

Emkay Heather (Amerigo x BurZelia)

#6 cheeriohorse

cheeriohorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone. I hope I get to hit the arabian show circuit here. I have a purebred gelding who wants nothing to do with the show ring, strictly trails and mountain climbing for him and a baby Anglo I can't get a positive ID on the sire, so no papers yet. lol. Hopefully I can get the baby Anglo sorted out and papered and then we can hit the ring.