Photo

Babson/Brown breeding - 100% Foundation?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

I just recently viewed a group of exceptional old Egyptian Arabians of what we call Babson/Browns but I believe the Brown blood is referred to as Maynesboro in this group. Regardless, I'd like confirmation if a horse is of 100% old Egyptian breeding that it also qualifies as 100% Foundation or not. Thank you :)

#2 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

you might find some info on this site. www.daughtersofthewind.com
Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.

#3 SunStar

SunStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Babson/Brown's are an exceptional group and a favorite of mine as well.  Edouard's site has a wealth of information on it and he is an amazing person to meet and talk to about anything, but even more impressive when you ask him about horses and history.

The Maynesboro portion would be foundation and I do believe that the SBE Babson imports would qualify as foundation as well.  I'm not sure if Babson's (non Straight Egyptian) imports were after the cut-off date without looking it up :)

SunStar Arabians

Home of: Wings of Gold (Burgundy Sun x BGM Sabrina) - 100% Phara Heritage Stallion - Shizanas Legacy K (The Midnight Sun x Shizana Bolsoya) - 50% Phara Heritage Mare

#4 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

LOL I totally forgot I had posted this question! Thank you for the replies. What is the cut off date to be considered foundation? I know it's early 1900's but don't know when.

I recently acquired one of the Babson/Brown stallions from the herd I wrote about - HR Roujuan. I'm very pleased with him in both conformation and disposition. I hope to get at least 1 mare in foal and have been asked if he can breed 2 rare Al-Khamsa mares this year. We'll see! Thank you again for your replies. 

#5 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

LOL I totally forgot I had posted this question! Thank you for the replies. What is the cut off date to be considered foundation? I know it's early 1900's but don't know when.

I recently acquired one of the Babson/Brown stallions from the herd I wrote about - HR Roujuan. I'm very pleased with him in both conformation and disposition. I hope to get at least 1 mare in foal and have been asked if he can breed 2 rare Al-Khamsa mares this year. We'll see! Thank you again for your replies. 

Photos please, if it woulds not be too much bother?

edit b/c duplicate

PA Hi-Ly Visible: [(by Magnum Psyche) PA Hi-Noon x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], frighteningly intelligent 2005 chestnut Arabian gelding.

Sterling, aka "Fluffy": mellow and bombproof grade Arabian gelding. His putative identity is Sterling Son (by Baraka Zouheir), pending submission of the DNA test kit.

Moonie the Mob Boss: mini palomino gelding, was the head of a large drug cartel in his previous lifetime.

#6 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Photos please?

Photos please, if it woulds not be too much bother?

Maybe I can get out there today. I am THE WORST photographer and it seems like I can NEVER get anything good. I'll do my best. He's a handsome fellow and a dream to work with. I'll be getting on him soon. He's broke to ride but hasn't been ridden in years. From everything I've seen so far, I don't think it will be a problem. 

#7 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

It sounds like you have an interesting story behind your boy?

PA Hi-Ly Visible: [(by Magnum Psyche) PA Hi-Noon x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], frighteningly intelligent 2005 chestnut Arabian gelding.

Sterling, aka "Fluffy": mellow and bombproof grade Arabian gelding. His putative identity is Sterling Son (by Baraka Zouheir), pending submission of the DNA test kit.

Moonie the Mob Boss: mini palomino gelding, was the head of a large drug cartel in his previous lifetime.

#8 Phanilah

Phanilah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

What is the cut off date to be considered foundation?

The below info is directly from AFAHA:

Early American Foundation Arabian Horses

Those horses whose ancestors trace 100% to the horses listed in AHR Volume V, registration numbers 1-2924.  (Arabian horses found in the U.S. by and before 1944)

American Foundation Arabian Horses

Those horses whose ancestors trace 100% to the horses listed in AHR Volumes I - X, registration numbers 1-16015.  (Arabian horses found in the U.S. by and before 1960)

American Foundation-Bred Arabian Horses

Those horses whose ancestors trace 75% to the horses listed in AHR Volumes I - X, registration numbers 1-16015.

si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes

#9 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

Interesting! Now I need to find out if he's American Foundation or Early American Foundation :)

HR Roujuan was bred by Cheryl O'Odennell and she and a handful of other people at the time were aware the the Gulastra sire line in Egyptian breeding was almost dead and there were only a handful of individuals left. So, she and others bought up what they could and produced a much larger herd of Brown breeding in SE programs than has existed in a long time. I am thankful for her efforts and forethought. The blood and horses are worthy, IMO. 

I recently aquired HR Roujuan http://roster.alkham...ujuan04d5c.HTML and will never make him famous, but I do hope to create some solid individuals from him and my mares all while passing on some rare, tail mail Zobeyni, Straight Egyptians. Here are 2 pics. I am terrible at them and please keep in mind that in the body shot he is standing down hill.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF4257.JPG
  • DSCF4259.JPG