Photo

New to the forum and Arabian shows, looking for help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 niftyarabians

niftyarabians

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

I am new to the Arabian show world, have had and rode Arabians for years and passionately love the breed. Recently acquired a two year stallion to replace my older Aladdinn bred stallion. My new baby is shaddo magnificoo , out of shadowfax and an echo magnificoo mare. He's been shown in halter and been fairly successful. Top ten jr colt in Scottsdale for 2011. Working on a very limited budget but I'd like to continue his showing. So I guess I'm looking for some advice or some one who knows what they are doing to show me the ropes. :)

#2 HighPockets

HighPockets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Where are you located? Maybe we can find some people nearby.
Posted Image

#3 niftyarabians

niftyarabians

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Mayville new york

I've spoke to a couple ppl that train and they were very nice but I don't have the funds to board him some where. He knows what to do for halter , he was trained at rohara Arabians as a yearling. I got him from a friend that had to move. I really want to continue his show career but I am limited... Even if there was just some one I could tag along with and could show me how to ask him for what he already a knows... I'm just really clueless in the show world

#4 lkirby

lkirby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Contact the Arabian Horse Association at http://www.arabianhorses.org/ and find out if there is a club located nearby. Attend the meetings, meet the members and get recommendations on local trainers who can train you on how to show your horse at halter as an amateur.

Lorna G. Kirby, PE

When you have gone through fire, you won't fade in the sun!!

#5 Steery

Steery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

This is the link to the clubs in Region 16 which includes NY. http://www.region16.org/clubs.shtml

I do know some folks in the Arabian Horse Association of New York and they are very nice. The club president is in Hamburg.

#6 niftyarabians

niftyarabians

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Thank you !