Photo

Your favourite Crabbets.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#21 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

I can't find a picture of him online but a horse that I have liked for a long time is Silver Scimitar (Bright Shadow X Silver Grey) 1974 grey stallion exported to Sabra Arabians in Israel.

http://www.allbreedp...ilver scimitar2

We have a grandson here Amyr Bronze PC, who although is a chestnut still has some similarities to his grandsire.

MI Royal Flag (*Silver Flag AHS X MI Royal Spring) 1990BM Brazen Angel (*Dandaloo Kadet X Brazen Secret) 2006BM Evening Fire Ruby (Fire Reflection X MI Royal Flag) 2009BM  Evening Kadence Rumba (Kari Lockets Kadence X MI Royal Flag) 2011BM Evening Crabbet Diva (Crabbet Royalty X *Rothlynne Pure Delight) 2012 BM Evening Crabbet Bliss (Crabbet Royalty X *Acabona Blessing) 2012 BM

#22 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

I know who you mean and i know the stud you mean. Apparently they have their resident stallion Sabra Soley Flame available via frozen.
Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.

#23 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

NO DOUBT.............................*SERAFIX
Posted Image

NASEEM
Posted Image

#24 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

I know who you mean and i know the stud you mean. Apparently they have their resident stallion Sabra Soley Flame available via frozen.

They have beautiful horses. The Pure Crabbets didn't breed on there but most are still 90+% Crabbet.

Posted Image

NASEEM
Posted Image

Yes, definately *Serafix. More than half of the Pure Crabbets we have in Canada have trace to him.

MI Royal Flag (*Silver Flag AHS X MI Royal Spring) 1990BM Brazen Angel (*Dandaloo Kadet X Brazen Secret) 2006BM Evening Fire Ruby (Fire Reflection X MI Royal Flag) 2009BM  Evening Kadence Rumba (Kari Lockets Kadence X MI Royal Flag) 2011BM Evening Crabbet Diva (Crabbet Royalty X *Rothlynne Pure Delight) 2012 BM Evening Crabbet Bliss (Crabbet Royalty X *Acabona Blessing) 2012 BM

#25 polisharabianlover

polisharabianlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

When I think of Crabbet horses there are 3 stallions that always pop into my head that i have loved!! They are *Silver Vanity, Serafix and *Oran Van Crabbet!! My grandmother owned a *Silver Vanity son, Quebec Gamin, who was the spitting image of his sire!! I think I am more partial to these stallions because they were the lines my grandmother had. Her foundation mare in her breeding program was by Natez and out of an Abu Farwa daughter, that was the great mare Barqette, who also was a champion at the cowpalace. She was also owned by John Rogers the guy who owned Serafix, Barqette herself had a filly by Serafix. My grandmother then bred Quebec Gamin to her 2x and got the fillies Silvanitys Gamine and SS Gaminette. Sadly SS Gaminette passed away due to complications with her first birth. she was the prettier of the to and look a lot like her sire and grandsire. She then bred Barqettes other daughter Silvanitys Gamine to an *Oran Van Crabbet son who was out of a *Bask daughter, his name was *Oran Van Baskin. He was such a great stallion and he was not promoted like he should have been, he really helped complement the mare to make her foal better. From that cross came a bouncing chestnut filly, she was plain headed, but was SO correct in every way! The ground shook when she trotted! Her registration name was SS Barq Baskhanah, but we called her "Barqhanah" because of her close resemblance with her grand dam Barqette. My grandmother also had a handful of Serafix granddaughters that she leased to breed and one daughter of the great *Serafix.
This line is still going on today in my state!! Its mostly polish now but the foundation of this is mostly crabbet with a with alittle bit of polish.

#26 sierratrailrider

sierratrailrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

My favorite Crabbet stallion to find in a pedigree is Narzigh. Inevitably, if I find a horse I like the looks of and the movement is exceptional, there it is...Narzigh is back there. I wish I could find some decent pictures of him. I have seen two, both in parade gear. Aurab was out of a Narzigh daughter. Lutan was out of a Narzigh daughter. Ibn Faronek was out of a Narzigh daughter. Narab, that great old stallion, was by Narzigh. Narzihkas Andy, the half Arab who won hundreds of performance classes because of his lovely naturally collected canter, was a grandson of Narzigh. Sure wish I could have seen Narzigh when he was alive...
"You can ride as fast as your horse can run." - Ray Hunt

#27 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

When I think of Crabbet horses there are 3 stallions that always pop into my head that i have loved!! They are *Silver Vanity, Serafix and *Oran Van Crabbet!! My grandmother owned a *Silver Vanity son, Quebec Gamin, who was the spitting image of his sire!! I think I am more partial to these stallions because they were the lines my grandmother had. Her foundation mare in her breeding program was by Natez and out of an Abu Farwa daughter, that was the great mare Barqette, who also was a champion at the cowpalace. She was also owned by John Rogers the guy who owned Serafix, Barqette herself had a filly by Serafix. My grandmother then bred Quebec Gamin to her 2x and got the fillies Silvanitys Gamine and SS Gaminette. Sadly SS Gaminette passed away due to complications with her first birth. she was the prettier of the to and look a lot like her sire and grandsire. She then bred Barqettes other daughter Silvanitys Gamine to an *Oran Van Crabbet son who was out of a *Bask daughter, his name was *Oran Van Baskin. He was such a great stallion and he was not promoted like he should have been, he really helped complement the mare to make her foal better. From that cross came a bouncing chestnut filly, she was plain headed, but was SO correct in every way! The ground shook when she trotted! Her registration name was SS Barq Baskhanah, but we called her "Barqhanah" because of her close resemblance with her grand dam Barqette. My grandmother also had a handful of Serafix granddaughters that she leased to breed and one daughter of the great *Serafix.
This line is still going on today in my state!! Its mostly polish now but the foundation of this is mostly crabbet with a with alittle bit of polish.

Not sure if you went through the older posts but we have a son of *Oran Van Crabbet, Viva Van Crabbet. He will be 30 years old this year and is still breeding.

facebook_-723839620.jpg

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open
"Using Bloodlines of the Past, To Create Beautiful Athletes of the Future!"

#28 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Carrie i just love him!

Kellie Flanagan

N H Raffer (Raffon x Ferlima)1983 B stallion 3/30/83-3/10/09
Da-Kheree (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 B mare
Khemonette (Khemosabi x Famemiss) 1991 B mare
FA Summer Bask (Star Maker x GR Bi Baska)1994 C mare
Sabras Silver Wind (FV Concorde Gezzan x AM Emily Dreamla)2005 G filly

#29 Kailicia'sGirl

Kailicia'sGirl

PGN Kailicia( Kaiyoum x PGN Solataire)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Posted Image

NASEEM
Posted Image

These two would be my favorites as well.

Penny Lane Arabians https://www.facebook...152855434728757

Stallions At Stud: U.S & CDN Res. National Champion Futurity Colt, Sol Debut (x Solstice) 

The Mares: Lady Versace (Versace), Swanah (Versace), FS Betty Grable (Padrons Psyche), Flames Rhapsody (RIP - 1990-2015), PGN Show NTell+ (Showkayce+), Showanna (Showkayce+), Star Of The Sshow (Showkayce+), Ezalia (Eden C), Fleur De Lune (Sfafe Pseude), S Justabella (Justafire DGL) and the Queen - Baskskokhette+.

#30 AccentoArabians

AccentoArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

http://www.allbreedp...om/caseys comet

This is my mare Caseys Comet from family lines and a great producing mare. She is a brilliant mover and I turned her loose in the arena just yesterday because I needed to smile. Here are some of her produce.

Blackcat

Roze Abi

Neda

Ala Rossa

I have very high hopes for this colt!

NICE mare Patrick!

~Cassie
KL Lalita (*Kluszyn X Malitaa) --her 2012 filly by Mr Holly Fire (Afire Bey V X Zodiac Matador daughter)
Ames Dutchess (Philander Bey X Contessa Parada (Gai Parada))
RoyalesCarmenJazz (KC Rouge Royale X Beaux Suada)

Petita (Heritage Bey King X Zsa Zsa Ghazi (*El Ghazi))