Photo

Sabino Bloodlines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

I am sure everyone is aware that gene pool for quality Sabino's is very small & mostly based around the Khemosabi son, Khartoon Khlassic & his son Rhocky Rhoad. I have a minimal to moderate chestnut sabino mare who is a grand daughter of Padron's Psyche & almost 3/4 Spanish breeding on the bottom. I would like to breed her to an outside stallion who is sabino in 2014 so I have been looking very closely at both Khartoon & Rhocky. My only glitch is that both these stallions carry the same bloodlines-especially Rhocky who is a *Padron decendent. Is there ANY quality sabinos out there with bloodlines to match? I am not interested in the Element Arabians horses, they do not meet my high standards. The goal for the foal if its a colt is going to be show & breeding-I am looking to get into the sabino world BUT I am worried that standing another stallion of this breeding is going to tighten the world of quality sabinos. What does the future hold for this color if all we have to breed is Khemo decedents?

Another thought has been if I get a filly...and she is heavily sabino in coloring, I could breed her to Spirit Thyme+ (x Pryme Thyme), but I do not want to cross my chestnut mare who is minimal on him right now because he doesn't seem to be throwing much of his sabino characteristics-and I do not want a chestnut foal. Khartoon is homozygous black & agouti which guarantee's me a bay foal.

There is also the colt Hayati Ibn El Shaklan (x El Shaklan) but he is also chestnut & only a 2 year old with no foals so he is out for the moment as well. No way to tell if he will produce his wild coloring yet or not.

Any thoughts?

Standing PM Backfire (MS Firedevil x MS Kora)

2005 Polish Related Arabian Stallion

SCIDS/CA Clear
www.diamondminearabians.com

#2 WanderingStar

WanderingStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Noble Express is throwing a lot of color. We have a few at the barn, they all are well-marked - one has VERY heavy roaning.
The Daughter of Reason

#3 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Fern Valley has a cute black and white colt that is 18 months old now...unrelated to your mares I believe...
http://www.fernvalle....net/Toxic.html

He is a purebred and a copy of his papers are on the website so you can see his pedigree.
toxic2__28_.JPG

Sue Wells
Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#4 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the thoughts. I've seen IXL Noble Express in person, he is really pretty. Unfortunately his stud fee is $4,500-I can spend that in a sabino weanling if I wanted. I really like HF Mister Chips too, he has great bloodlines and amazing movement, but his fee is $3,500 which is more then I would like to gamble on the slight chance that I'd have a colored foal.

Sue, the colt is cute but he is sired by that Elements horse, Legally Intoxicating who I am not interested in being a part of. Not the best conformation & very little pedigree power to back up the nice color. I want to get into sabino's more but I will not sacrifice conformation or bloodlines.

Spirit Thyme+ is a 1/2 brother to Pyro Thyme SA & a National TT stallion himself. I am just not sure he'd produce a moderate sabino with my mare, and if he did, it'd be a chestnut (not that there is anything wrong with chestnuts, my mare is chestnut, I just prefer bays).

Hayati Ibn El Shaklan is a young son of El Shaklan out of a Estopa mare which makes his breeding both impressive and unique (he carries 50% Estopa blood). I would be willing to sacrifice my color preference if this colt produces color like I hope he will. Plus, he shares the Spanish stallion *Rastano on his dams side with my mare (who is 3/4 Spanish).

SCIDS/CA Clear

#5 El Bey Angel

El Bey Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Here's a list of Sabino stallions or Sabino producing stallions I had--there may be more, this is just what I've put together. I also know some of these you've ruled out already--but hope this helps anyway!

Sabino stallions (with more than just socks & a blaze):
CJA High Khaliber
Rhocky Rhoad
Pikhasso (x Khartoon Khlassic)
WS Very Superstitious
Posted Image
Legally Intoxicating
Magnum Spatz
Posted Image
Aldebars Treasure
Posted Image
SAR Picasso
R Khasper
Shabu Sweetness (I believe this horse has body white)
HAAP Mirage
Posted Image
FV Aulfarwa
Posted Image

Sabino producing:
Sir Spattson
Khartoon khlassic
Aul Magic
Magic Aulrab
Oasis Ablaze+
HG Esquire+ (?)
Posted Image
My Graphite and colored pencil art gallery:
Bridgette Lewis Art

#6 Zoomer

Zoomer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Check out TA Mozart at John O'Hara Performance Horses. He is a Kordelas son out of a great Polish mare. He is good minded and very athletic having won the Scottsdale Reining Futurity twice! His owner is a friend of mine, Kimberly Tillman. There are photos and info on John's website. His first foal crop is due next year and he is 5 years old. He is a chestnut sabino.

#7 bonsaipony

bonsaipony

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Here's a list of Sabino stallions or Sabino producing stallions I had--there may be more, this is just what I've put together. I also know some of these you've ruled out already--but hope this helps anyway!

WS Very Superstitious
Posted Image

That link for WS Very Superstitious isn't valid anymore, I bought him and moved him to Maine and I don't have a webpage for him yet. I DO have a bunch of photos and info I can e-mail though, and a number of photos of the outstanding filly one of my mares had by him this year. I think he may not be what the OP is looking for since she wants a stronger pedigree, but if anyone else wants info on him, drop me a note. buzzy940@roadrunner.com

#8 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Sabino stallions (with more than just socks & a blaze):
CJA High Khaliber
Rhocky Rhoad
Pikhasso (x Khartoon Khlassic)
WS Very Superstitious
Posted Image
Legally Intoxicating
Magnum Spatz
Posted Image
Aldebars Treasure
Posted Image
SAR Picasso
R Khasper
Shabu Sweetness (I believe this horse has body white)
HAAP Mirage
Posted Image
FV Aulfarwa
Posted Image

Sabino producing:
Sir Spattson
Khartoon khlassic
Aul Magic
Magic Aulrab
Oasis Ablaze+
HG Esquire+ (?)

Excellent list! A couple links did not work but I am impressed with Aul Magic+/, I just fear what his stud fee is going to be lol. I do like Magnum Spatz but I am trying to stay away from Psyche lines as I already have two grand-get of Padron's Psyche. HGEsquire produced a beautiful foal this year that was dripping in chrome, but going back to the Khemo lines there again. Good list though, thank you! :D

That link for WS Very Superstitious isn't valid anymore, I bought him and moved him to Maine and I don't have a webpage for him yet. I DO have a bunch of photos and info I can e-mail though, and a number of photos of the outstanding filly one of my mares had by him this year. I think he may not be what the OP is looking for since she wants a stronger pedigree, but if anyone else wants info on him, drop me a note. buzzy940@roadrunner.com

I mean no offense to you, Stitch has gorgeous coloring but yes, I am looking for a stronger, more well known pedigree which is why I like the stallions I do. I am aiming at creating a stallion, not just breeding for color. I want the best of everything that I can (without paying an arm and a leg). A stallion with a well known pedigree is going to fair better then one without. I already see some that with my current stallion, who is a son of MS Firedevil. Not everyone knows who MS Firedevil is and so they make quick judgement and pass him up when he really is a outstanding individual.

SCIDS/CA Clear

#9 bonsaipony

bonsaipony

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

I mean no offense to you, Stitch has gorgeous coloring but yes, I am looking for a stronger, more well known pedigree which is why I like the stallions I do. I am aiming at creating a stallion, not just breeding for color. I want the best of everything that I can (without paying an arm and a leg). A stallion with a well known pedigree is going to fair better then one without. I already see some that with my current stallion, who is a son of MS Firedevil. Not everyone knows who MS Firedevil is and so they make quick judgement and pass him up when he really is a outstanding individual.

No offense taken. He does have some good points to his pedigree but it is not well known. I'm actually not promoting him a lot until i get his filly shown, I've run into the same issues you have, a lot of quick judgments so I feel like i need to prove him as a sire before I spend a bunch of money promoting him.

One you might want to look at is Magic Aulrab. Strong CMK pedigree, proven athlete, reasonable stud fee. http://cityslickerra...t/stallion.html

#10 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

One you might want to look at is Magic Aulrab. Strong CMK pedigree, proven athlete, reasonable stud fee. http://cityslickerra...t/stallion.html

I actually prefer his brother, Aul Magic+/. Aul Magic has incredible movement & versatility. He's both a champion in CEP & Show Hack but also Dressage. Unfortunately, he's 25 and I don't know if he'll be around long.

No offense taken. He does have some good points to his pedigree but it is not well known. I'm actually not promoting him a lot until i get his filly shown, I've run into the same issues you have, a lot of quick judgments so I feel like i need to prove him as a sire before I spend a bunch of money promoting him.

Backfire has plenty to boast about in his pedigree but they are not in the first generation (i.e. not that MS Firedevil isn't something to boast about-because he is, but if you are not familiar with him then you'd overlook him.) IF Meet Virginia is a very cute girl, congratulations. I like that you have her reasonably priced. A lot of sabino breeders jack up the prices on these high colored foals and then people don't have access to them. Strong bloodlines, conformation & color are my goals-but I will not overcharge for a foal when the time comes. ;)

SCIDS/CA Clear