Photo

If Raffles were alive today would you breed to him?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

#21 rroyalee

rroyalee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Raffles 1.jpg

Raffles.gif

Double Starz Ranch
Senior stallion - Allahs Sukkar Abiad
Junior stallion - Royale Sumernitz
www.doublestarzranch.com

#22 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

can some one post some pics of Raffles

220px-Raffles952--side.jpg

raffleshead.jpg

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#23 rroyalee

rroyalee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

220px-Raffles952--side.jpg

Raffles10.jpg

Raffles--Trotting.jpg

Double Starz Ranch
Senior stallion - Allahs Sukkar Abiad
Junior stallion - Royale Sumernitz
www.doublestarzranch.com

#24 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

can some one post some pics of Raffles

Here are some of Raffles and this great grandson.

Enjoy.

Regards,
Peter

Attached Thumbnails

• Raffles952--b1926.jpg
  • 220px-Raffles952--side.jpg
  • Raffles--AHR952(SkowronekXRifala)b1926.jpg
  • IMG_0420-web600_cr.jpg
  • collage_through_the_years_cr.jpg

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#25 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

The heart of a LION. Understand that the picture of him rearing is that he is standing on the leg he BROKE. And ended up in a sling for months.

Having seen many of his sons and daughters I would breed to him in a heart beat. Substance, type, strength, movement, and HEART
MaryJo

#26 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Two more of the Silvr Talisman. I find it amazing how much he looks like Raffles.

Regards,
Peter

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0344-web600_cr.jpg
  • IMG_0244-web600_CR.jpg

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#27 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

back when the Arabian horses had this desert regal look like Raffles we didnt need to bald the eyes to TRY to make them look big--they were BIG--!!

#28 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Raffles was never a favorite of mine - - so no, I would not use him if he were around today.

#29 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

yeah i love his neck set and shoulder. i'm looking for just that to breed with. so it's a yes from me. i know many ppl don't approve of anything skowronek, but i am of the belief that the blunts would never have bred with a horse with dodgy breeding.

that said, my mare and her foal are intensely Riffal bred. and i love him just as much! ;)
Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.

#30 Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

I think that each individual breeder should be able to choose what kind of "line" that they breed for, as they do now, without the bias of a judge. A horse like Raffles ought to have just as much a chance as the Arabians of today in the Main Ring, as they are both just as much Arabian as the next. It is all a matter of individual preference. Today, a horse like Raffles would probably be seen in Sport Horse, just because of the way that he looks. It's not "popular" or "fashionable," regardless of how beautiful he actually was. I do not like this split because it forces us to choose which is better. There are western horses, and there are hunter horses, and there are English horses... We shouldn't have two different types of Hunters. What does that do to our industry, I ask you?

--------------------------------------------------------------

"  Evil triumphs only when good men do nothing . . .  "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------