Photo

Hello from Abilene, Kansas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#11 CHowey

CHowey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Hi Amber,

First off, as President of the Kansas Arabian Horse Society, I would like to say WELCOME! As someone who moved to Kansas from California in 2006, I too have noticed a negative attitude towards Arabians in Kansas. We do everything we can to rectify that attitude. By exposing as many people as we can to Arabians, we can change most people's minds ( af ew are a bit too stubborn to change). I think that you will find most people very welcoming.

I look forward to hearing from you if you have any questions.

Cindy Howey

#12 bettyk

bettyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hey, Amber,

Get yer pony ready for dressage (I'm into that too), and come on up to K.C. for some shows! There also used to be a dressage show in Wichita at the Coliseum in late May and one in Hutchinson too. The one in Hutchinson was one of the greatest shows I ever went to. I have the same problem with photos (have a Mac); so if you get it figured out, let me know!

I think the prejudice against Arabians is only because so few people out there have had exposure to them. You're in big quarter horse/cowboy country, and traditions are hard to break with those people.

Keep us updated on your progress...sounds like a fulfilling, fun-filled adventure ahead for you!

Ravenwood Qahtahn (Qahtahn x Ravenwood Gemmone)

Arabest Kaliel (Arabest Kalid x Arabest Denabiela) - The most special stallion, lost 4/9/16

El Ghorab Sneferu (GAF Mosaad x Stonehedge Fateza) - Sadly lost 6/6/10
Tsynful Sensation (Simeon Sanegor x Woodhill Tsabrina) - Forever in my heart, lost 8/8/11

#13 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Welcome from Arkansas. Don't let the prejudice get you. I show everyone all the time how great my Arabs are :) If you ever want to come to the NW part of Arkansas / SW Missouri there's a lot of Arab people hiding away in the hills :) Don't be shy!

#14 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Cindy,
Thank you for such a warm and lovely welcome. I look forward to meeting you in person. Please let me know what I may do to support the KAHS. I agree with you that most people out here have never "met" an Arabian, so all they know is the stereotype. Whatever I can do for the club, please let me know!
Warm Regards,
Amber

PA Hi-Ly Visible: [(by Magnum Psyche) PA Hi-Noon x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], frighteningly intelligent 2005 chestnut Arabian gelding.

Sterling, aka "Fluffy": mellow and bombproof grade Arabian gelding. His putative identity is Sterling Son (by Baraka Zouheir), pending submission of the DNA test kit.

Moonie the Mob Boss: mini palomino gelding, was the head of a large drug cartel in his previous lifetime.

#15 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

BettyK,
Thank you! I hope to see you at a show someday soon! It is going to be a little bit before we'll be ready to show, as he and I are working on very basic things, like stopping, turning, and not spooking at the Plastic Grocery Bag of Doom. :wacko:
Warm Regards,
Amber

VanAlma,
I'd like that!
I'm not easily influenced by anyone or anything. I just smile and sweetly tell the Quarter Horse true believers that it is very understandable that they don't like Arabians, as of course they wouldn't want a horse that's smarter than they are.
Warm Regards,
Amber

PA Hi-Ly Visible: [(by Magnum Psyche) PA Hi-Noon x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], frighteningly intelligent 2005 chestnut Arabian gelding.

Sterling, aka "Fluffy": mellow and bombproof grade Arabian gelding. His putative identity is Sterling Son (by Baraka Zouheir), pending submission of the DNA test kit.

Moonie the Mob Boss: mini palomino gelding, was the head of a large drug cartel in his previous lifetime.

#16 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

SWells,
Hello! I still am unable to get my pics to upload to the gallery. There are two videos of Vee on YouTube, just type in "PA Hi-Ly Visible." The under saddle video is with his previous owner riding, NOT me. I've moved him in to a double-jointed Dee-ring snaffle from the curb bit she had him in; the head-tossing is due to the curb. Also, lots of pics on my Facebook page.
Warm Regards,
Amber

Holly Amber Acosta-Doucette (on Facebook)

#17 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I'll have to go and have a look...thanks!

Sue Wells
Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#18 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Good morning to all! Happy New Year!
FWIW, I finally figured out how to upload photographs to the Gallery. :) I've uploaded photographs of V to the Gallery "PA Hi-Ly Visible."
Regards,
Amber

#19 bettyk

bettyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

He's beautiful, Amber! Also a VERY lucky horse to have found his way to you.

Ravenwood Qahtahn (Qahtahn x Ravenwood Gemmone)

Arabest Kaliel (Arabest Kalid x Arabest Denabiela) - The most special stallion, lost 4/9/16

El Ghorab Sneferu (GAF Mosaad x Stonehedge Fateza) - Sadly lost 6/6/10
Tsynful Sensation (Simeon Sanegor x Woodhill Tsabrina) - Forever in my heart, lost 8/8/11

#20 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Ms. BettyK,
Thank you for your kind words! We are lucky to have found each other. He's not an easy horse, but he is perfect for me. Who is the beautiful horse in your profile picture? And how did you get him so white?

Warm, Regards,
Amber