Photo

Hello from Abilene, Kansas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Amber. I live in the middle of Kansas with my husband, four shelter dogs and my two beloved horses. Childfree by choice. I work in dispute mediation. I purchased the love of my life, PA Hi-Ly Visible (barn name "V," pronounced "Vee") in June 2012. V is the most frighteningly intelligent horse that I've ever met and is truly a joy to train. He is a 2005 gelding sired by PA Hi-Noon. His pasture buddy is a 12 year-old "grade Arabian" (he looks more like a Quarab to me) gelding named Fluffy, who was a rescue. I'm looking forward to learning from you all!
Warm Regards,
Amber

PA Hi-Ly Visible: [(by Magnum Psyche) PA Hi-Noon x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], frighteningly intelligent 2005 chestnut Arabian gelding.

Sterling, aka "Fluffy": mellow and bombproof grade Arabian gelding. His putative identity is Sterling Son (by Baraka Zouheir), pending submission of the DNA test kit.

Moonie the Mob Boss: mini palomino gelding, was the head of a large drug cartel in his previous lifetime.

#2 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Welcome to the ABN crew, Amber! :bigemo_harabe_net-100:

Sounds like you have a very interesting life.

I hope you will find this forum as fulfilling as I do.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#3 saarabs

saarabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hello from a fellow Kansan, I am in Southeast Kansas, near Fort Scott.! :)

Halim Bahim Star SE, Blue black Rabicano Gelding
Psyches Psyche SPA chestnut sabino gelding
Javalls Miracle- Pintabian Chestnut tobiano gelding

Serenity Acres Arabians

#4 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Welcome

#5 Secret Santa Admin

Secret Santa Admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Ho ho ho! Welcome to ABN! We're pleased to have you!
Ho Ho Ho from the ABN Secret Santa Admin!!

#6 bettyk

bettyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hi, Amber,

Nice to see a fellow Kansan here--born and raised in Sterling and now in Overland Park. Do you trail ride, show, etc.?

Ravenwood Qahtahn (Qahtahn x Ravenwood Gemmone)

Arabest Kaliel (Arabest Kalid x Arabest Denabiela) - The most special stallion, lost 4/9/16

El Ghorab Sneferu (GAF Mosaad x Stonehedge Fateza) - Sadly lost 6/6/10
Tsynful Sensation (Simeon Sanegor x Woodhill Tsabrina) - Forever in my heart, lost 8/8/11

#7 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

Welcome. This is a good group of people who have lots of knowledge. Looking forward to your participation and pictures!
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#8 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hello from Pennsylvania and welcome to the wonderful world of Arabian Breeders Network!

We need photos...this is a requirement for all new members...yep...photos of their Arabians must be posted, lol!

Sue Wells
Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#9 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Ladycascabel,
Thank you for your kinds words. I've already learned tremendous amount from the forums!
Regards,
Amber

Saarabs,
Hi! I love your avatar picture. Its great to know that there are other Arab people around here!
Regards,
Amber

PA Hi-Ly Visible: [(by Magnum Psyche) PA Hi-Noon x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], frighteningly intelligent 2005 chestnut Arabian gelding.

Sterling, aka "Fluffy": mellow and bombproof grade Arabian gelding. His putative identity is Sterling Son (by Baraka Zouheir), pending submission of the DNA test kit.

Moonie the Mob Boss: mini palomino gelding, was the head of a large drug cartel in his previous lifetime.

#10 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

BettyK,
Hi there! I purchased Vee six months ago. He'd seven years old. He spent the last three or so years in a pasture in Elk Falls, Kansas. The previous owner had just started him under saddle when she got injured and was no longer able to ride him, so he hasn't been ridden in at least a year. He is very intelligent and has a willing attitude, so he was rideable, but he didn't really have a clue what was expected of him. He was never sacked out at all, and never left his pasture, so he spooked at *everything* when I brought him home. I'm treating him like he is totally green. He was very head-shy, ear-shy, and hated having his hooves picked when I got him. I've spent the last six months on basic manners and groundwork. I clicker train for ground and in-hand work, so that is what we've been doing. I know most people hate clicker training for horses. Vee is the most frighteningly intelligent horse that I've ever met, so he looooves clicker training. He really is a joy to train. My background is in Saddleseat and lower-level dressage, with a little bit of Western pleasure and driving experience.
Anywhoodle, the upshot of the above dissertation is that I do plan to show eventually. I joined the Kansas Arabian Horse Society (out of Wichita?) when I sent in the transfer of ownership papers earlier this month. I got the Competitor card, too. I would like to show him in lower level dressage, but I'll end up showing him in whatever he likes the best. Vee is quite agile and can turn on a dime; he very much enjoys problem-solving. He also gets bored easily. He now knows more voice cues than my dogs do.

Any suggestions?

I found Vee at the beginning of my horse search, so I finally finished paying him off in October. I'm now starting to buy tack. We had to finish building our set up on our property sooner than we planned due to the "inconsistency" in providing water to the gelding paddock where I had been boarding him. So it will be a little bit before we're ready to show.

Fellow Kansans, what is up with all of the dislike towards Arabians out here?

Sorry about the long post!

Regards,
Amber

Dowedoit,
Hi! I totally appreciate any guidance. Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm working on the picture upload. Probably an id10t error on my part when trying to upload from my Apple notebook to this site.
Happily,
Amber

Swells,
Ms. Sue,
Thank you for being so very warm and welcoming! I've been trying to upload photos unsuccessfully. I think it is because maybe I'm using a Mac/Apple computer. I'll figure it out.
Your avatar photo is just stunning!
Regards,
Amber

TripleHFarm,
Thank you!

SecretSantaAdmin,
I'm very glad to be here! Thank you!