Photo

How do I qualifiy for the Region 17 Championships?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#11 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

ATH yes. If his name is also on the papers then he can show in AOTH to. Call AHA to confirm or you can download a copy of the rules.
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#12 rashind

rashind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I thought that if a professional's name was on the papers you could not show aoth. Region 10 is working an a resolution that would allow two non related amateurs to be able to own a horse together and still be able to show aotr. Right now you cannot.

Shelly Osborne

#13 gemtri jane

gemtri jane

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

I'm curious ..... when a professional enters a show as an AOTH ..... what is the penalty or consequence of their actions?

#14 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I don't know the answers, but I've seen it done. Which is why I suggested to contact AHA to make certain.

He can definitely show in ATH as long as he has his amateur card, not sure about AOTH.

Personally, I think If he is an amateur and an owner of the horse, why not? Who cares who else owns the horse?! Granted people will complain about anything!! lol
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#15 rashind

rashind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Two unrelated people owning a horse cannot show in aoth or aotr. You can show in ath or atr. You do have to submit copies of papers to enter so office staff should catch it. If they don't and someone catches it later, you will lose those points. Not worth it to try to get away with breaking the rules IMO.

Shelly Osborne

#16 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

No idea how people get around it, but they do. Personally I find that rule really dumb. Given the market, if 2 friends (or even same sex partners) want to co-own horses, share expenses and each show either both as ammy's, or even if one is a pro, why not?! Stupid rule ... counter-productive, imho.
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#17 rashind

rashind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Yep. I agree that the rule does nothing to help our breed. Like I said, region 10 is trying to change this. I am not sure if the resolution was introduced this year at convention or if it will be next year.

Shelly Osborne

#18 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

I believe they did something about it this year. I haven't looked at what was brought forth and what passed yet, but I heard something about it being on the list of topics. Hope that's true!

As for this scenario, I was told if he wants to show a horse in AOTH she can transfer ownership to him and she'll still be able to show the horse as his pro handler in open classes. I suppose that's how most people get around it.
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#19 Mary

Mary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts