Photo

How do I qualifiy for the Region 17 Championships?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 northerntwilightfarm

northerntwilightfarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

I know practice, practice, practice, but I have not shown at a regional level before as I live in northern BC and am not close to any Class A shows. I have a foal that is nominated for the yearling futurity so I am thinking that is would be a chance to take my riding horse as well if I can quailify, but I need a mentor as such, to help me through the process.
Northern Twilight Farm
Telkwa, BC, Canada

Purebred Arabians and Designer crosses

Equine and wildlife art

#2 VeracityV

VeracityV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

You need a certain number of points (earned by beating other horses in a class) OR a first or second place win at the class A level to qualify unless you are entering a futurity or jackpot, in which case the rules will be different for each :) So you do need to compete at the class A level to get to Region 17 with your riding horse :)

However, if the futurity entry is also sweepstakes nominated, you an enter the yearling sweepstakes class with no qualifications required!

I have a futurity entry for this show as well, but don't think I will make it all the way out to BC to show her....hoping maybe someone out that way wants to buy her! LOL

(Formerly Known as Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd ....aka Hoofy!)

#3 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Does Region 17 have a pre-show to qualify for regionals?
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#4 VeracityV

VeracityV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Usually :) But of course up to the show committee! That would be a good option if you are too far from any other shows... can just take your riding horse to Regionals and enter in the Pre-show that would run right before Regionals and see if you can qualify that way!

(Formerly Known as Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd ....aka Hoofy!)

#5 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Your best bet is to get to some class A shows to earn the points to qualify for Regionals, but if you can't there is usually a pre-show to qualify at. This year they cancelled the pre-show for Red Deer then added it back in so I wouldn't count on that route. It depends on who is hosting the show whether they decide to go with a pre-show or not. Plus it's an expensive way to go about it if you don't end up qualifying and have hauled all that way and paid the fees.

Is there nobody in your area that shows you could haul & stable with to get to some class A shows? I know there are plenty of BC folks showing, but maybe none in your area.
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#6 Mel Adjusted

Mel Adjusted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hey, don't worry- most of the classes at Region 17 have 5 or less horses so all you have to do to get a ribbon is show up!

#7 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hey, don't worry- most of the classes at Region 17 have 5 or less horses so all you have to do to get a ribbon is show up!

Sad, but true.

If it`s yearling futurity there is no qualifying. Just show up.

Another way to qualify is to show open. Depending on what classes you want to compete in you could qualify on the open circuit. The open shows we went to this year we won ribbons, prizes and $$$ and it cost us next to nothing to go :)
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#8 northerntwilightfarm

northerntwilightfarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

I was thinking about trying to qualify from showing at local shows but that only works fo rcertain divisions. I want to show trail horse or reining. I know that I just have to show up with my yearling, that's why I entered the futurity.
Northern Twilight Farm
Telkwa, BC, Canada

Equine and wildlife art

#9 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Check with AHA to see if any of the open reining or trail classes will qualify you as I don't know offhand, sorry.

Good Luck!
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#10 northerntwilightfarm

northerntwilightfarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

I have another question. I own a mare with my boyfriend. He is an amatuer and I am a professinal (i.e. Certified coach, horse traininer) Will he be able to show our horse in Amatuer to handle if my name is on the mare's papers?
Northern Twilight Farm
Telkwa, BC, Canada

Equine and wildlife art