Photo

Hello from Portland, Oregon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gypsylove

Gypsylove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I purchased a mare from Los Acres in July, Macarena Brahima(*Sidi Brahim x MA Halima Rouge), who was formerly owned by Dahabi Arabians. She has been bred to the Los Acres stallion, Once N Alifetime (Bravado Bey V x Lenita Brahim). My fingers are crossed that she is in foal for a baby next summer. This is a dream come true for me as I used to dream of owning a *Sidi Brahim baby when I was a teen. Right now it is just Macci in my herd but I continue to hope, dream and work towards my lifelong desire to have an Arabian farm of my own. Actually, right now she is still in Ca but I am bringing her home to live with me in just two weeks, squee!
Kirsten

Honor Arabians: Macarena Brahima (*Sidi-Brahim x MA Halima Rouge), Viva A Vida (Once N Alifetime x Macarena Brahima)-Arabian Mares,Sparticus (Heritage unknown-rescued) Arab gelding,Gypsy's Morning Star (Ushkabu x Gypsy) Half-Arabian Mare. Freely running- 6/18/1976-9/5/201

Lavender & Spice Herbal and Aromatherapy Blends for Horses: http://lavenderandspice.com/
If you have seen nothing but the beauty of their markings and limbs, their true beauty is hidden from you.- Author Unknown

#2 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Congrats and welcome, Kirsten!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#3 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

i hope you share lots of pics with us-welcome to ABN-!!

#4 Mystic Rose

Mystic Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

Hi and welcome! Pretty sure I remember that mare - she's lovely!

Jennifer Whittaker
http://www.MysticRoseArabians.com or find us on FB under Mystic Rose Arabians
Home of: Summer Saga+ (Massar El Sabbah x Summer Savannah) - proven high mileage endurance stallion and SHIH Champion.
SHN Payback Nominated, SCID and CA negative.  Sire of Regional Champions in Endurance/SHIH/SHUS and winning open dressage horses!

#5 tiki-bird

tiki-bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Welcome. Best wishes with your mare and coming foal!

Preserving the bloodline of *Lotnik, WWII Prize of War

Author of Tennessee's Arabian Horse Racing Heritage

#6 cvm2002

cvm2002

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

This mare's name is ringing a bell for some reason...regardless, welcome to the board! I'm a bit north of you in Chehalis, WA

Veterinarian by day, and some nights, and most Saturdays, and every 6th weekend and holidays. Wannabe photographer the rest of the time!

www.wildsidearabians.com

Home of Canadian Top Ten stallion Antham (*Rushan AHSB x WN Sharazada)

#7 Gypsylove

Gypsylove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hi, Y'all,
Thanks for the warm welcome. Dahabi Arabians posted lots of pics of Macci so I am sure you've probably seen her. :)

Honor Arabians: Macarena Brahima (*Sidi-Brahim x MA Halima Rouge), Viva A Vida (Once N Alifetime x Macarena Brahima)-Arabian Mares,Sparticus (Heritage unknown-rescued) Arab gelding,Gypsy's Morning Star (Ushkabu x Gypsy) Half-Arabian Mare. Freely running- 6/18/1976-9/5/201

Lavender & Spice Herbal and Aromatherapy Blends for Horses: http://lavenderandspice.com/
If you have seen nothing but the beauty of their markings and limbs, their true beauty is hidden from you.- Author Unknown

#8 cvm2002

cvm2002

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

THAT would be it!!

Veterinarian by day, and some nights, and most Saturdays, and every 6th weekend and holidays. Wannabe photographer the rest of the time!

www.wildsidearabians.com

Home of Canadian Top Ten stallion Antham (*Rushan AHSB x WN Sharazada)