Photo

Pure Crabbet foals 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#31 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Congrats on the newborn colt! Nice looking boy i like those high whites

Richelle did your weanlings arrive yet?

Yes, the fillies arrived safe and sound. They have been mostly in the barn with the poor weather we have been having so I haven't gotten a chance to get any decent pictures.

MI Royal Flag (*Silver Flag AHS X MI Royal Spring) 1990BM Brazen Angel (*Dandaloo Kadet X Brazen Secret) 2006BM Evening Fire Ruby (Fire Reflection X MI Royal Flag) 2009BM  Evening Kadence Rumba (Kari Lockets Kadence X MI Royal Flag) 2011BM Evening Crabbet Diva (Crabbet Royalty X *Rothlynne Pure Delight) 2012 BM Evening Crabbet Bliss (Crabbet Royalty X *Acabona Blessing) 2012 BM

#32 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

well i am awaiting photos impatiently. even if they aren't 2012 foals it seems no one else is going to post this years foals here so please post away. i can never get enough PC photos especially of the young up and comers.
Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.

#33 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

I am pleased to hear about all the lovely Crabbet foals born this year. Keep up the good work!!

Carrie

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open
"Using Bloodlines of the Past, To Create Beautiful Athletes of the Future!"

#34 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

well i am awaiting photos impatiently. even if they aren't 2012 foals it seems no one else is going to post this years foals here so please post away. i can never get enough PC photos especially of the young up and comers.

OK

I give in. Two muddy but fluffy 2012 100% Crabbet girls. Both girls had to grow a coat before I could let them go outside much. Bliss has the star and snip and is a very dark bay. Diva is the red bay on the grass.

I think they would be called 3/4? siblings? Same sire and dams are mother and daughter. Someone correct me if I I should use a different term.

For being so closely related they are entirely different in temperaments. Diva is a doll and very sweet. Bliss is fiesty with some attitude.

Attached Thumbnails

• blissoct272012.JPG
  • divaoct272012.JPG

MI Royal Flag (*Silver Flag AHS X MI Royal Spring) 1990BM Brazen Angel (*Dandaloo Kadet X Brazen Secret) 2006BM Evening Fire Ruby (Fire Reflection X MI Royal Flag) 2009BM  Evening Kadence Rumba (Kari Lockets Kadence X MI Royal Flag) 2011BM Evening Crabbet Diva (Crabbet Royalty X *Rothlynne Pure Delight) 2012 BM Evening Crabbet Bliss (Crabbet Royalty X *Acabona Blessing) 2012 BM

#35 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

nevermind about the mud rdb, we all go through that. part and parcel of horse ownership. so which one of them do you like the most in terms of conformation? it's a bit hard for me to see due to angles. good that you have different depths of bay colour. watching youngsters grow is exciting isn't it? i'll post another one in a week or two. my boy is really unfurling and his neck is lengthening (thankgod).

#36 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

The dark bay Bliss is prettier and she has lovely curled ears. Diva has the box look I like though and an upright neck. Bliss is bigger and very rump high. Both have great legs and movement. I was so pleased to get two bay fillies in the first place. It has been 2 years since this adventure started.
My old mare is half sister of their sire so all my horses are related.

Are you going to breed Anabella for next year?

#37 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

yeah, my top choice so far is Winged Saint. Failing that I'll go Snow n Fire. Failing those two...I don't know yet. I know i want to put her to Eliseo who's picture as a yearling bought some attention on this site not long ago. Chestnut sabino. But he's young and I wanted to go for the oldies first, but I'm very keen on him cause he has a high set croup and long neck with clear throat.
I love that square look too. Like Pulque. There are a couple stallions like that, (Volcano and Fenwick Silver Star) but i can't gain access to breed to them, both however have thick necks, which I don't want, but I'll never get all I want. I'm also looking for really laid back shoulders. I got that with Senussi so I might try him again in the future. Would love a filly by him.

I see you have Rothlynne Pure Delight baby. I used to have Rothlynne Pure Damask. By Magic Myth. She wouldn't give me a foal so I gave her away. :( With Senussi being by Dandaloo Khalid who was full brother to Kadet our horses are well related.

#38 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

yeah, my top choice so far is Winged Saint. Failing that I'll go Snow n Fire. Failing those two...I don't know yet. I know i want to put her to Eliseo who's picture as a yearling bought some attention on this site not long ago. Chestnut sabino. But he's young and I wanted to go for the oldies first, but I'm very keen on him cause he has a high set croup and long neck with clear throat.
I love that square look too. Like Pulque. There are a couple stallions like that, (Volcano and Fenwick Silver Star) but i can't gain access to breed to them, both however have thick necks, which I don't want, but I'll never get all I want. I'm also looking for really laid back shoulders. I got that with Senussi so I might try him again in the future. Would love a filly by him.

I see you have Rothlynne Pure Delight baby. I used to have Rothlynne Pure Damask. By Magic Myth. She wouldn't give me a foal so I gave her away. :( With Senussi being by Dandaloo Khalid who was full brother to Kadet our horses are well related.

I like Winged Saint. He looks like a wide, well built guy. Snow n Fire is lovely and such a good ambassador. I have seen pictures of a young Eliseo. Very showy and I think tall?

I really like Volcano as well. Haven't seen a picture of Fenwick Silver Star.

Your colt is nice, I would agree that crossing her back with Senussi would be worth considering.

#39 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

I got some updated photos of my boy today. I have the slowest camera so unfortunately I click and then he moves.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

He is beautiful! The pictures look great.