Photo
- - - - -

Free Arabian Gelding-

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

I have received word this week that a gelding I bred and sold as a yearling is in need of a home. He is a full brother and was the lookalike to the horse in my Avatar Spirit inthe Sky who is a Regional winner as well as a winner in Open Dressage and was trained by a junior rider.

I sold him to a woman that was looking to raise a foal and eventually use the horse for driving and trail riding. A friend suggested she come to my farm. He seemed like a perfect fit for her. Very quiet, very willing and a quick learner. She said the right things, she was going to wait and just start him lightly with some ground driving, no lunging until he was older and his joints closed.....

Long story short, he was just shy of 2 when I sold him, she called me after a few months and asked me if he had ever had a traumatic experience. I replied, no, he got the usual handling, lead, clip, bathe, tie, farrier, vet and a quick trailer loading lesson, other than that he was turned out with the other foals. I asked why. She tells me she and her 'trainer' had been ground driving him and he was doing great. She said one day she wanted to see how her western saddle would look on him so they put it on, but didn't tighten it up because she didn't want to frighten him. Then she wanted to see what she would look like on him so she got on....... Apparently, (I can't imagine why a young horse being saddled and mounted, with a loose saddle to boot would do this..duh) but he freaked and dumped her and proceeded to take off across a field with the loose saddle still kind of on until he bucked and kicked it to pieces. I resisted telling her what I really thought, but told her, that would be a traumatic experience for any horse and told her to turn him out and leave him alone until he was older and hopefully he would forget that and she could then have him restarted by someone who knew what the he!! they were doing. Needless to say she didn't listen and I heard she sent him to a QH trainer who is known for throwing his horses down and sitting on them to get them to submit. Then his wife took him to the Amish to teach him to drive. A friend of mine's sister rode him at one point and said he was great, she rode him on the trails with only a snaffle and said he was fine. I've heard from another trainer that he is a confirmed bucker. I think she finally did as I suggested and I heard he has been turned out for years. The guy that told me about him said she has done some Parelli stuff with him but other than that he has been turned out for years and is just being a horse.

My heart is broken thinking about him. If the timing was different and we didn't have the farm and most of the horses for sale he could come home and live his life out here.

He is not for just anyone, but if there is someone who is experienced that has the patience and time to put in him he has so much potential, he just needs a someone to show him what they want. He was probably the most easy going and willing to please horse that I have had. When she called and said she wanted him I went out and it took about 20 minutes to teach him to load and unload from the trailer and he was an absolute doll.

Attached are pics of his full brother, I will see if I can find some pics of him when he was younger. He would be 14 years old now.

If anyone is interested please call me @ 989-506-2552 I can keep him here for a month or two if out of state transportation needs to be arranged.

Attached Thumbnails

• web grunt dressage 1.jpg
  • DSC_0842.JPG
  • DSC_1454.JPG
  • emaa57.JPG
  • emaa92.JPG

#2 Karen Page

Karen Page

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

Where is this gelding?
Habib Rafiq (El Norus X MB Deserelle - Tammen)
Sean Daaim CH (Fa Daalim X Ms. Tuht - *Tuhotmos)
Stardust Ibn Rafiq (Habib Rafiq X Amiri Norissa)
www.stardustarabians.com

#3 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

He is in Michigan. I can keep him here at my farm as long as we have it, but it is listed and we are looking to move to NM.

#4 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Well that just sucks! A good horse owner is worth their weight in gold...

#5 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Well that just sucks! A good horse owner is worth their weight in gold...

I know someone with common sense and patience like you Krissylekrix would do great with him. hint hint.

#6 chalice

chalice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

I could not take him on, but I reeeally hope he ends up in a good permanent home!
!

#7 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

You and me both.

#8 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

I know someone with common sense and patience like you Krissylekrix would do great with him. hint hint.

Lol, well thank you but I am already committed. I go to pick up a new boy on Labor Day weekend.

If anyone in MI wants Elyse's boy, I will offer a 90 day refresher. Just pay board, farrier, etc, and get his dental done before he gets a bit in his mouth. I have a soft spot for horses like this who have fallen through the cracks. <3 I will say I am no rodeo queen or daredevil any longer, but we can get him broke from the ground before anyone gets on.

#9 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

Thanks for the offer Krissy, didn't mean to put you on the spot but I remember you had a bucker at one time and even got a special strap to help him get over it. That is exactly the kind of person I would love to see this guy go to. He got a raw deal from the start and I would love to have him go to someone who give him a fair shot.

#10 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

I took that as a compliment. :)