Photo

Rashash Al Alwan flashy Pintabian stallion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#11 ShadesOfGoldArabians

ShadesOfGoldArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

COOL :)  I love his markings. You might call the PtHA to see if his parents are registered with them.  Remember its alot cheaper to register them when they are young than when they are older.  What registry is AERC?

SHADES OF GOLD ARABIANS & PINTABIANS

HOME OF THE HIGHEST PERCENT ARABIAN CREMELLO IN THE WORLD

THE GO TO PLACE FOR GORGEOUS HIGH PERCENT ARABIAN DILUTES AND DOUBLE DILUTES

http://www.goldarabians.com

#12 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

You have to have one PB parent. That's why my gelding cannot be registered with HAHR, even though he is ~97% Arabian

That's what I THOUGHT. Thanks for confirming ;)

If Zeplin can get color papers ( if he has the qualifying white ) it doesn't matter about the parents. I registered my PB with PtHA as well as AHA, that way I have a choice of where I want to show and all of his foals are eligible for reg. either color ( if they qualify ) or breeding stock if they're solid. It's just another little bonus IMO :)

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly

#13 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

So the pintabian registry is out :dry:   You could do the pinto arabian registry like my pintabian (producer) palomino and white filly i got from canada. she is the only thing i have that is registered wiht them.  And are either one of his parents registered as pinto ? Hopefully, then he could be pinto reigstered.

His parents don't have to be reg. Pinto, he is spotted, so he qualifies ;)

I have my PB Arab registered PtHA, neither of his parents are pinto, they are both solid PB Arabs, mine had just enough qualifying white ;) With his belly spot.

post-1117-127202960688.jpg

Pinto World Champion :D

PWC.jpg

Edited to add ( a little brag ;) ) Two Time UNANIMOUS World Champion, only shown 2 times at PtHA World :D Will be going back again in 2014.

#14 Donna S

Donna S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Just to clarify for the Pinto Association............. Mares, geldings, and horses registered with approved outcross registries can be registered in the PtHA  if they have the appropriate amount of color, but............

"Not Eligible for PtHA registration:

2. Horse stallions with unknown, unregistered or unapproved outcross registered sire or dam "

Approved outcross breed associations:

Pleasure/Saddle Types

•    • American Hackney Horse Society
  •    • American Morgan Horse Registry
  •    • American Saddlebred Horse Association
  •    • American Saddlebred Horse Association of  Canada
  •    • Arabian Horse Registry
  •    • Canadian Arabian Horse Registry
  •    • Dutch Harness
  •    • Half Arabian Horse Registration
  •    • International Andalusian and Lusitano Horse Association
  •    • Missouri Fox Trotting Horse Breed Association
  •    • National Show Horse Registry
  •    • Paso Fino
  •    • Pleasure Saddle Horse Registry
  •    • Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders and Exhibitors Association

Whispering Hill Farm....where color is truly a bonus!
Posted Image

#15 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

<p>

Just to clarify for the Pinto Association............. Mares, geldings, and horses registered with approved outcross registries can be registered in the PtHA if they have the appropriate amount of color, but............

"Not Eligible for PtHA registration:
2. Horse stallions with unknown, unregistered or unapproved outcross registered sire or dam "

Approved outcross breed associations:
Pleasure/Saddle Types

• • American Hackney Horse Society
  • • American Morgan Horse Registry
  • • American Saddlebred Horse Association
  • • American Saddlebred Horse Association of Canada
  • • Arabian Horse Registry
  • • Canadian Arabian Horse Registry
  • • Dutch Harness
  • • Half Arabian Horse Registration
  • • International Andalusian and Lusitano Horse Association
  • • Missouri Fox Trotting Horse Breed Association
  • • National Show Horse Registry
  • • Paso Fino
  • • Pleasure Saddle Horse Registry
  • • Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders and Exhibitors Association

Both of his parents are HAHA, so wouldn't that qualify him?

#16 Donna S

Donna S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

I'm getting confused here, so forgive me if I'm not even talking about the correct horse.........Rashash Al Alwan is already registered in the pinto registry............and both of his parents are documented as Pintos............his mom is registered as a Half-Arab, but his sire, BL ALISTAR, is registered Pinto, but not Half-Arab.

I was just trying to point out that every horse that has eligible color cannot automatically be registered in the PtHA.

Whispering Hill Farm....where color is truly a bonus!
Posted Image

#17 ShadesOfGoldArabians

ShadesOfGoldArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

I thought i had been told that for $150, several years ago, you could register your horse with pinto if they had the qualifying white,  if thier parents are not pinto registered.

And if one parent is registered as pinto thier offspring can be also. If they dont have the color they will be breeding stock.

Thats why I appreciate my Prince so much. He has the pinto registration, from his dam so all of his foals can be registered with pinto. I double register the foals out of him and my arabian mares with both pinto and half arabian registries. That way thier foals wont be in that boat if they end up being bred to a half arab  when they grow up. AHA needs to wake up and smell the roses concerning the half arab to half arab crosses.  But that is a whole different subject and theres no sense in even getting into it.  It isnt going to happen, in the near future anyway.,

I actually have a part arab registry all set up and ready to  get started for the half arab to half arab bred horses... just too busy lately to concentrate on it. When I do start doing registrations I will be offering registration for horses at about $10 each...no penalties for late registrations and transfers  and free membership for a while. It will be mostly just a registy to acknowlege thier arabian percent and bloodlines. starting out anyway for sure.  I have a link to it on my website. I will announce it on here when I do actually get it going.

SHADES OF GOLD ARABIANS & PINTABIANS

HOME OF THE HIGHEST PERCENT ARABIAN CREMELLO IN THE WORLD

THE GO TO PLACE FOR GORGEOUS HIGH PERCENT ARABIAN DILUTES AND DOUBLE DILUTES

http://www.goldarabians.com

#18 WSArabians

WSArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

The PtHA is a colour registry, just like the Palomino registry. Parentage doesn't matter, so long as they have 25% body white. I have five mares with enough white (all purebred arabian) to be registered PtHA, I just haven't got around to it yet. 

Pintabians are a whole different ball park. 

You're new guy is lovely! :) 

Whispering Secret Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians!

#19 Slide

Slide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Question, if a Pintabian is the product of 2 HA's, can it be reg. w/HAHR ? I thought they had to have one PB parent... or does AHA go by percentage ?

Nope. One parent has to be AHR. :)

I got interested in pintabians many years ago after I toured a farm I Wisconsin... Enough to investigate some of the rules. I did see one very nice cow horse that was a pintabian at Cow Town Classic in Ft Worth that had an AHR parent. He went champion there and I was really impressed. It was the first time I'd seen one in competition. I should look try to look him up.

#20 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Nope. One parent has to be AHR. :)

I got interested in pintabians many years ago after I toured a farm I Wisconsin... Enough to investigate some of the rules. I did see one very nice cow horse that was a pintabian at Cow Town Classic in Ft Worth that had an AHR parent. He went champion there and I was really impressed. It was the first time I'd seen one in competition. I should look try to look him up.

That's what I pretty much what I thought I knew, had this discussion on another topic, but this one confused me I asked again...Thanks for the reassurance !

The PtHA is a colour registry, just like the Palomino registry. Parentage doesn't matter, so long as they have 25% body white. I have five mares with enough white (all purebred arabian) to be registered PtHA, I just haven't got around to it yet. 

Pintabians are a whole different ball park. 

You're new guy is lovely! :)

Actually not in the US, the white has to be qualifying areas and only needs to be 4 square inches ( combined ). Not sure if the Canadian Pinto assn. is different, but the PtHA here has made it easier to register your horse, which I think is cool because Pinto Shows are FUN ( and they give away good "stuff" ;) )

My PB is color reg. w/PtHA and this is his qualifying white...

post-1117-127202960688.jpg