• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 skg1

skg1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Showing/Owning Arabian/ Half Arab Horses since 1970's. Currently showing in HP & Eng Side Saddle. Have shown, in EQ, CEP, Western, Halter....Love the Russian Bloodlines......

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

I am getting excited about the Arabian Horse Celebration, being help September 18th - 22nd, in Freedom Hall in Louisville, KY. I am taking my filly Natalya TO. I am going to show her in AOTR HP Maturity Class. The trainer will show in in the HP Jr. Horse Class. Is anyone else going and getting excited?Natalya BR 12.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Natalya BR 13.jpg

• HGEsquire likes this
Proud Owner Of:

JMK Blue Bayou (Fun Valley Gusto x *Amira Bidiya)

Region 15 Top 5 Ladies Side Saddle

Aabsolut Flame SF (Aabsolut x EE Karmel)

Natalya TO (Sir Fames x Sol Natique)

#2 nashfad

nashfad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:My preferred discipline is English Pleasure. But I enjoy all disciplines. I am a riding instructor & operate a boarding facility (I bartend at night!!). I also put together local shows--alot of work but rewarding. And I love a good glass of wine at nightfall watching the horses romp.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

I weas excited but I have the option to stay home and bartend at 2 weddings that weekend so I'd rather make $$ than spend $$ this yr.
  • JennyM and HGEsquire like this

#3 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,835 posts
  • Interests:horses of any breed and discipline, equine color genetics, photography, reading, classic movies

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

I'm excited for YOU, Skg1! Go have a wonderful time, and best of luck to you and your lovely horse!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#4 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,784 posts
  • Interests:Arabians/Half- Arabians
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

SKG you and your horse make a beutiful picture!!!

I know you will do our breed proud.
  • skg1 likes this

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#5 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have anything ready to compete main ring at that level this year so hopefully next year my half Arab will be ready and that will be a great warm up for Nationals. I may try to go spectate as it sounds like a fun show. Good luck to SKG1 and everyone else who is going.
WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and all around good guy. AWA GLORIOUS+/ multiple Regional Champion and mult. SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, CA LAILAH- SHN Top 10
WR SHADDO HAWK- Multi Regional Champion and SHN Top 10 (3rd) SHIH
MAGNIFICO ZF- Regional Champion halter and SHN Reserve Champion SHIH yearling

#6 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

I am curious to see if this does better than the North American Championship show of last year
sounds like that one pretty much was a bust and I do not see it happening again this year?

#7 DSpencer

DSpencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

I am currently planning on spectating - figure they need folks in the stands as much as horses in the ring. I'm hoping it will be a fun time.

Dolly Ames (Matoi x Ames Onmyown) for sale or lease
LH So Bittersweet (Europia x Alisiam)  in foal to  II Damb Much (Sambist X II Much Money by Monogramm)  foaled June 21, 2014

Gatsby (*Ecaho X LH So Bittersweet) 4/5/09 - 5/22/09 Gone but not forgotton - I miss you!

https://www.facebook.com/GoLightlyLLC

#8 skg1

skg1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Showing/Owning Arabian/ Half Arab Horses since 1970's. Currently showing in HP & Eng Side Saddle. Have shown, in EQ, CEP, Western, Halter....Love the Russian Bloodlines......

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

I am curious to see if this does better than the North American Championship show of last year
sounds like that one pretty much was a bust and I do not see it happening again this year?

This show is being run by a different group of folks, it has equal amount of folks with performance interest as halter interests. This show is also in Freedom Hall in Kentucky. Lots of folks love to show in this venue. I don't believe the other show was sanctioned by AHA and USEF, as this one is. I am in hopes that this makes a big difference for participants. We will see how it goes, but personally I love having a bigger show on the Eastern part of the country, as Scottdale and the Arabian Nationals are both in the west and this is difficult for folks in the East to participate. I have heard several people talk about coming to watch, which is wonderful, maybe we will have some people in the stands. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good turn out!
KG
Proud Owner Of:

#9 skg1

skg1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

I wanted to say also, that I saw that (IEquine) will be covering this with a live feed, I think this is wonderful for folks that can't attend. Some of the highlights will be bringing back the stallion parade, before the start of the evening session. A stallion row where you can go down one place to see all of them. Afires Heir will be caring the flag. I also heard that they are having green sawdust, just like in the past, sounds silly, but I love that stuff. Freedom Hall is a wonderful horse show arena and few can compare to the feel it gives. I feel like the Eastern half of the country needs a nice "championship" show. I have had Arabian Horses for 40 years and never hauled to Scottsdale, I would love to, of course, but it is just not practical. If you are in the Eastern part of the country and you want a "championship" type show close enough to attend, then please support this if you are able. It doesn't seem that USN, will be coming our way any time soon. I realize this is not USN, but a win at Scottsdale is pretty sweet and lots of people attend Scottsdale, this show could be the Scottsdale "type" show of the East....The Kentucky Arabian Clubs are pretty strong and can handle a big show in their area.
KG
  • Kailicia'sGirl likes this
Proud Owner Of:

#10 jettanna

jettanna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

I think it will be a wonderful show but it is too close to Nationals for me to do both , maybe next year ! Good luck with your beautiful mare .
Kathy

Posted Image