13 replies to this topic

#1 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

I have a client ready to buy a horse now. I have shown her all of mine but nothing is quite right for her. She rode a great deal as a teenager and competed in endurance, but has been away from horses for 15 years. She does not want to show, just wants a trail safe , pretty best friend. Does need to be at least 15.1 , below the age of 14, experienced on the trails, and very easy to be around. She does not want to have to sell a horse so she wants to get it right the first time. Also looking for a 2nd "husband safe" horse. Under $4000. Must be within driving distance of Houston, TX. The horse will probably come to my barn for at least a month so she can learn to ride it properly.
These is a very nice couple who want to give a horse or two forever homes. I really wish something of mine was a match but it just wasn't, so I told her I would find her a horse. Her dream horse is grey, but disposition and training is more important than color.

#2 Kailicia'sGirl

Kailicia'sGirl

PGN Kailicia( Kaiyoum x PGN Solataire)

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Marketing, Breeding,Showing,History.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

If she was closer and willing to spend a bit more I would have the perfect horse for her - Fancie Footwork. I have seen a few ads advertising horses like this, if I find them I will pm them to you. Dreamhorse is a great place to start! :)

Penny Lane Arabians https://www.facebook...152855434728757

Stallions At Stud: U.S & CDN Res. National Champion Futurity Colt, Sol Debut (x Solstice) and Fazio (Eden C x Swanah). 

The Mares: Lady Versace (Versace), PGN Kailicia (Kaiyoum++), Swanah (Versace), FS Betty Grable (Padrons Psyche), Flames Rhapsody (Bask Flame), PGN Show NTell+ (Showkayce+), Showanna (Showkayce+), Star Of The Sshow (Showkayce+), Ezalia (Eden C), Ellie Mae PF (Eden C), Sol Contessa (Sol Debut), and my Queen - National Champion, Baskskokhette+!

2015 Foals: Sol Debut x Baskskokhette+, Sol Debut x PGN Show NTell+, Eden C x Star Of The Sshow. Lady Versace is also in foal to DTD Jess Dancin for Leslie Dobson!

#3 tiki-bird

tiki-bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Would a significantly lower selling price than $4000 sway your client to expand her idea of "within driving distance to Houston"? If that is a possibility, please email me, I might have the right horse.
lotnik.horses@gmail.com

Preserving the bloodline of *Lotnik, WWII Prize of War

Author of Tennessee's Arabian Horse Racing Heritage

#4 WanderingStar

WanderingStar

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

The Rehoming forum has 2 in OK but doesn't look like a fit. The gray is 11 and unbroke, the chestnut is broke and kid-friendly but 17 years old.

I have an idea.... let me go ask some questions. I have something in mind that's under budget and nearby.
The Daughter of Reason

#5 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Interests:Grey geldings, yellow and red mares, Hockey,

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

Teri, what about Raegan's gelding?

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

I would love to be able to look further away for a horse, but this lady really needs to meet the horse in person first. She needs a horse to fix a hole in her heart so it has to be the right one.
  • JennyM likes this

#7 tiki-bird

tiki-bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Timberlace,
I understand. (I mis-typed my email anyway, LOL)
Best wishes finding just the right horse.

Author of Tennessee's Arabian Horse Racing Heritage

#8 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

Tiki-bird go ahead and pm me info you never know. Jenny I have a message out to Reagan, don't know if he is exactly the right horse but I am going to talk to her about him. Wanderingstar let me know.

#9 WanderingStar

WanderingStar

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

Stupid dang computer...

OK I can't copy-paste anything at the moment apparently. But have you checked dreamhorse? I did a run through and found the following:

Horse ID: 1805279 (2001 Bay PB gelding $1,500, not the prettiest thing but currently used for endurance, Houston area)
Horse ID: 1785454 (2204 Bay PB mare $2,500, used for endurance, lessons, summer camps, but only 15.0 and Austin area)

And still waiting to hear back on my other idea...
The Daughter of Reason

#10 tiki-bird

tiki-bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Timberlace,
I pm'd you.
Thanks