Photo

Looking for information on a mare Ruby El Jamaal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Issiutng

Issiutng

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hello all! About 2 years back we purchased a mare named Ruby El Jamaal (Le Fire x Fond Ali) a 1996 Flaxen Chestnut Arabian. Unfortuanatly there was not much information on her at the time we got her and so I'm trying to look into her history now. I understand she was originally bred by Richard DeWalt, owner of both her mother and grandmother. Looking to know perhaps how many owners she's had, how much training/what for, where she's lived, was she ever shown, has she ever been involved in any accidents, has she lived with other horses most her life, what was her personality like as a baby, etc. ANY information prior to about 2008 would be quite helpful (even if it may seem rather insignificant, we're still learning). We also suspect that she had at least one baby before we got her (though no records of it are listed), if anyone could confirm this I'd love to hear about it. She's had one filly for us, Beaulieve In Magic by NV Beau Bey. We've discovered she's an extremely unique mare, and are hoping to better understand what her life's been like before we got her. Thank you very much in advance!

#2 WanderingStar

WanderingStar

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

Bred by Richard Dewalt, sold in Dec 1997 to Diane Drexl, sold July 2001 to Jennifer Roy, sold March 2002 to Patty Epifano, sold June 2002 to Cynthia or Irene Aborn, sold March 2010 to Debi Lucas.

No listed progeny.

No listed show record (AHA sanctioned events).
The Daughter of Reason

#3 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

Hello all! About 2 years back we purchased a mare named Ruby El Jamaal (Le Fire x Fond Ali) a 1996 Flaxen Chestnut Arabian. Unfortuanatly there was not much information on her at the time we got her and so I'm trying to look into her history now. I understand she was originally bred by Richard DeWalt, owner of both her mother and grandmother. Looking to know perhaps how many owners she's had, how much training/what for, where she's lived, was she ever shown, has she ever been involved in any accidents, has she lived with other horses most her life, what was her personality like as a baby, etc. ANY information prior to about 2008 would be quite helpful (even if it may seem rather insignificant, we're still learning). We also suspect that she had at least one baby before we got her (though no records of it are listed), if anyone could confirm this I'd love to hear about it. She's had one filly for us, Beaulieve In Magic by NV Beau Bey. We've discovered she's an extremely unique mare, and are hoping to better understand what her life's been like before we got her. Thank you very much in advance!

Why is she "extremely unique "? just curious. I love the Le Fire horses for what that's worth. Richard is on Facebook... you could contact him I would imagine, as he could speak volumes about her dam. as I personally think the dam line in a pedigree is more important than the sire.... .... as always.. my opinion only

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#4 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

The Aborns had her from June of 2002, why not call and ask, that covers 6 years prior to 2008.
It also covers the majority of her reproductive time as well.

Since you have bred to one of their stallions it seems like that would be an easy thing to do.

Since Richard DeWalt sold her as a yearling I doubt there will be much insight he can provide.

The other person who owned her for any length of time was quite easy to find.

Diane I Drexl Age 60
13655 Hwy 8 Bus
El Cajon, CA 92021 (619) 449-8962

I never really wonder about what happened in my horses past, animals live in the moment and I deal with the animal I have not the one of the past.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#5 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

I looked at her before Irene bought her , I have a real weakness for Le Fires . At that time she was advertised as a safe trail horse and the pictures in her ad showed her being trail ridden .

#6 splashh

splashh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

I remember seeing her pictures posted here when she was for sale. I just loved her-thought she was such a beautiful girl!

#7 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Did you buy her from Irene already in foal to NV Beau Bey? Why not ask her since she owned her several years.
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#8 Issiutng

Issiutng

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

@ Wandering Star, thank you very much for the list of previous owners and dates. ^_^

@ liz, Why I say "unique" is that she seems to think about things a little differently than other horses. When you're working with her or training, sometimes the normal techniques don't make a whole lot of sense to her, and it'll take her a long time to figure things out. But, she Is exceptionally smart, and if you try teaching her in ways a little outside the box, she seems to get it really fast (faster than most horses would it seems). Ruby's also quite interesting in that she seems to have a lot of almost opposite qualities all in the same horse.
I do have to admit, a huge part of why I wanted her was because of the great old Le Fire bloodlines. So many of those lines are just not close up anymore. Some days I'll look at Ruby and it's uncanny how much she resembles her sire, other days she's completely her mother's daughter in appearance.
She's also not a real big fan of being with other horses, she seems to prefer having her solitude (she usually goes off by herself when turned out with the rest of them or will try to get me to put her in one of the empty pens). Ruby also appears to be very much a "one-person" horse.

@ BFF, Thank you for Diane Drexl's info! I'll probably give her a call today and see what I can find out. Sometimes she seems to have a lot of anxiety/stress under saddle, and we're trying to figure out if there's a reason for this (an accident or bad experience maybe?) or if she's just the anxious type or even if it's a possible hormonal imbalance.

@ Comstock Lode; did you actually go to see her? Or just saw her ad online? And I whole-heartedly agree, the Le Fire lines are something great!

@ Splashh, thank you very much. She is most definitely a lovely girl (and GORGEOUS when you give her a bath and groom her out). My heart horse and my treasure all the way. ^_^

@ Secondchanceranch, When we bought her she was in foal to NV Beau Bey. Perhaps I should give the Aborns another call...

So far even this much info is nice! If anyone here went to go see at a time when she was for sale I'd love to hear about their experience(s) with that and some of their thoughts on her.

Thank you again for the info/info suggestions everybody and still looking for anything more.

#9 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

http://forums.arabia...-fire-daughter/
BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare, SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare, NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL, SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion, NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare, ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare, SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly, SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#10 Issiutng

Issiutng

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thank you TripleHFarm, looked at that once before but I'll browse over it again.

Just had a lovely chat with Diane Drexl. Learned some more interesting things. Would love to get a hold of Jennifer Roy and Patty Epifano.

Appreciating all the suggestions and info so far. ^_^