Photo

Did I miss the new Addis Sale thread?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1809 replies to this topic

#11 Lmequine

Lmequine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

All are selling tonight without reserve except for two of them. AND I did not even have to have enablers to get approved for bidding!

I also have not posted but when I went and picked up Closure CCF from Crescent Creek Sale two weeks ago, I stopped on the way home to check out a craigslist 1/2 Arabian 1/2 Saddlebred mare AND I bought her! :D She is awesome, beautiful gray with the bloody shoulder marking and she is a finished competitive trail horse. We are going on our first baby ride (only 6 miles), an ACTHA competitive trail challenge, on Saturday.

Closure reminds me very much of the Arabian gelding I owned when I was a teenager,he is a big sweetheart and a bit full of himself (in a good way). I did not get to do anything with him yesterday so when I went out to feed this morning he left his feed to come and visit with me. He is BIG, cannons are 8 1/2" around and he measures out to mature at 16 hands or a bit taller. He will be 24 months old in mid June and was gelded as a baby so I think it will take him awhile to mature. Shoes and pads are off and he really moves like an awesome hunter horse now!

WHICH brings me to WHY I need another horse ;), I will not be able to ride Closure in shows for a year or more than likely 2 years, Lexxie is a great trail horse but not a show horse, so I need a show prospect and I am leaning towards sport horse classes. I called and talked with the owner of VA Flaming Ember and he sounds like a great match for me and he is less than 2 hours away from here. He is riding well and just needs to be finished out, he is shorter than Closure or Lexxie, and he is mature enough to be out of the baby stage (not that I do not enjoy watching Closure carry around things in his mouth like a big dog! LOL). He will have to be cheap though since I have just about depleted my "horse" money.
Leah Johnson
Quitman, TX

#12 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

All are selling tonight without reserve except for two of them. AND I did not even have to have enablers to get approved for bidding!

Ok not that I looked or anything BUT as of last night they did not say "sells without reserve" I swear. Ummm not that I looked though.
Thank goodness one of the ones I liked- not that I looked - does have a reserve-its in Michigan also which means its too far away also.
Yay!

LM and Sport Arab- WAY TOO GO!!!! Thank you for stimulating the horse economy- you both need more horses.
Some lovely ones in the sale- and YES YOU GET A DISCOUNT FOR SHIPPING TWO- at least they did when Hubbard brought my two from North Carolina.

LM YOU NEED that horse, you must get that horse, only two hours away its like it was meant to be........kismet..........

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#13 faerie

faerie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

I would only need a horse that fits exactly into the herd. THis week is just bad timing. I am glad nothing"perfect" jumps right out at me.

If I wanted young, unbroken and beautiful a friend has a 2 year old she just put on the market down the street. He is an Asil son I think and a really interesting color. He almost looks like a chestnut turning dun and his mane is grey and dun too. I wish he were at least three and he would come to live with me. Or so I say. He should be tall and he is such a pretty mover. Sensible too. Just a gelding and too young. I try not to visit too often.

He gets me every time.

Still I'd really like an NSH pinto mare I that would do fantastic dressage. Of course there is that pretty black mare in the sale. Nope she is too far away.

Not happening, my wheelbarrow is full.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

#14 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Who is the nimwit who started this thread??? I did not want what I did not want!!! LOL!! Now you prompted me to go look at the list again (they have added some) but I cannot buy something NOW!!
Love hearing about Closure and how its working out LM! Can't wait to hear who you guys (Sport) get tonite!!!

#15 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

OMG what evil enabling person started this thread............. I looked! and I should not have. Someone buy lot 17, what a grand older mare :)
Sonya

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, there would be more vegetarians"

#16 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

OK, yes, the evil gods of spending are clearly with me since by some bizarro twist of fate I got paid today for this week and for next week, too. BUT.... I do not need to buy another horse... I do not need to buy another horse... I do not need to buy another horse.

And yet............... There are a couple that at the right price (and that's a pretty darned small number) .... I could (am I really saying this???) see myself bidding .... .

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

www.duelforthecrown.com

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com

#17 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Pretty thankful (for a change) that 2 loans aren't funding until tomorrow. Wait. Uh oh, I'm still okay.

I might need to go cut the DSL line.

Aha! I can still bid from my phone!!

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Desertwindtx

Desertwindtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

There is a gelding going through the sale that I knew a few years ago. He was the kind of horse that made you feel like a National Champion Eq rider just sitting on him! The photo/video of his Reserve win at Youth was when I knew him. Not sure what he has done in the meantime - but that was a great horse.

http://addisliveonli.../en/lots/133794

Stanley!!!!!! He is still a great horse - I am a freaking scared nut, just barely learning, and I've had the extreme pleasure of riding him. He is a grand gentleman. You are right, I felt like a million bucks every time I rode him, and I didn't even trot :). Stanley is part of the reason I keep trying, because even walking on him is the most exciting ride ever!
Desert Wind Arabians, Kerens, Texas

#19 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

and if someone REALLY wants a show horse, and does not find one in the sale tonight or tomorrow night (yes it is two nights of sale ladies ......hehehe); I have the big lovely hunter guy here that is working well and getting new video done this weekend. He is aimed for his first show in three weeks...........if he doesn't get sold he has to go and qualify for amateur halter at US Nationals (already enrolled for the halter futurity class there) since we will take him for the HA Hunter Futurity.

#20 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'm just lookin' for girlfriends for Pavvo. I told him he's got enough already, but he keeps giving me those sad, importuning looks ......

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

www.duelforthecrown.com

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com