Photo

Did I miss the new Addis Sale thread?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1809 replies to this topic

#1801 luvarabhorses

luvarabhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

RFeyer, Welcome!!

Yes, this is how I sold weanling/ yearlings when necessary. I told the person that if they paid a reasonable board on the baby, they could ride any horse in my barn until the baby was 2 1/2. At that point I still let them ride usually, and they could pony there baby etc... while getting trained. People liked that. Paying board on a baby is pretty silly really.

#1802 RFeyer74

RFeyer74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks Luvarabhorses!

Yes, see I wish there were more people like you out there.  With kids etc it is easier

for the more non horse Hubby to understand paying a board bill on a horse that

would be useable, you can only really watch a baby eat grass and grow :)

#1803 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

Oh my goodness any thoughts on why the horses in the last 2 sales did not do well? It seemed to me things were picking up a bit.  I know of one person who is thinking of holding off due to the Obamacare madness with folks being laid off and getting hours cut to part time.  I had sort of thought of getting another one but I'm spooked about the economy and Obamacare. 

#1804 AccentoArabians

AccentoArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

Oh my goodness any thoughts on why the horses in the last 2 sales did not do well? It seemed to me things were picking up a bit.  I know of one person who is thinking of holding off due to the Obamacare madness with folks being laid off and getting hours cut to part time.  I had sort of thought of getting another one but I'm spooked about the economy and Obamacare. 

I didn't really pay attention to the most recent sales. Did they all have higher reserves? Or just no bids?

KL Lalita (*Kluszyn X Malitaa) --her 2012 filly by Mr Holly Fire (Afire Bey V X Zodiac Matador daughter)
Ames Dutchess (Philander Bey X Contessa Parada (Gai Parada))
RoyalesCarmenJazz (KC Rouge Royale X Beaux Suada)

Petita (Heritage Bey King X Zsa Zsa Ghazi (*El Ghazi))

#1805 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

Mostly no bids.
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#1806 AccentoArabians

AccentoArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

Odd. I'll have to go back and look at the horses.

KL Lalita (*Kluszyn X Malitaa) --her 2012 filly by Mr Holly Fire (Afire Bey V X Zodiac Matador daughter)

#1807 WildfireArabians

WildfireArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Wow I didn't realize how many no-sales there were for Singing Hearts... the horses were quite nice, I thoguht. Were people just not looking for that?

Kelsa Staffa

Wildifre Arabians - Breeding and training Arabian horses to go the distance!

http://www.wildfirearabians.com/

#1808 AccentoArabians

AccentoArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

Most of the horses seemed to be young (therefore, not under saddle) or broodmares.

None of the younger horses are national quality halter horses. (Not to say they aren't quality, as look most as they would excel in performance). I didn't see many under saddle either? The rest seemed to be just broodmares.

At Toskhara I think it shows that younger horses that were started well under saddle sold easily than those that didn't. (Unless they were race bred and ready to go into training then they also sold well).

#1809 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

accento has it

for any of the sales these days it is a good place for buyers - - they can wait until a horse is old enough and at least started under saddle to buy for the same amount or not much more than they can buy an untrained horse.  and since we all have seen the huge difference in motion/ability/etc. that can happen from the liberty video of a super fancy moving horse to one that under saddle just is not going to be abl eto do certain disciplines, why would a buyer take a chance right now?  they have the option in the current market to wait it out for at least 3 - 6 months of training (paid for by the seller) and then have a better idea of whether the horse can do what they are wanting.

for sellers - - still not a good market to recoup costs of procuding/raising/training horses

#1810 WildfireArabians

WildfireArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

Right, I see your point. Thanks guys :) I liked Katja MG, and her 2010 Aabsolute filly seemed nice. Both were no-saled.

Kelsa Staffa

Wildifre Arabians - Breeding and training Arabian horses to go the distance!

http://www.wildfirearabians.com/