1809 replies to this topic

#141 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

I missed this sale as I was in Arkansas at a horse show. Had one of my training horses in it and was very relieved to see he did not sale. He is a great horse and is entered in Regionals, I would much rather know the person he sells to as he is a special guy who needs a special home.
  • ToTheRing likes this

#142 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

Which horse Timber?

#143 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Stand And Deliver, one of the most honest show horses I have run across for novice riders. He thinks your job is just to sit there and shut up once the gate opens, he will do the rest. I am so glad most of the sales coming up are youngsters, because I can easily ignore them.
There is one mare in the professional horsemans auction bred to the son of an Aladinn stallion I owned and showed all of his younger life named Mermentau+. He was one of the prettiest I had ever seen out of the *Bask daughter Masquerade, mother of Krewe. If anyone is interested in her and wants more info on Mermentau please let me know.
  • Lmequine likes this

#144 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

I saw Mementau + soon after he was rescued. The quality was evident despite his horrific condition.

#145 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

Yeah I sold him for good money to what sounded like the perfect home, as I just wasn't breeding anymore. The man that starved him contacted the girl I sold him to and made an offer on him. You just never know. I do think what really killed him was not his condition as much as they took his mares away from him. He was always more interested in sex than feed.

#146 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  • Interests:Arabians/Half- Arabians
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

I can honestly say I have no interest in the current Addis sale.

The last thing I need are big black carriage horses!!!!!

:D

Still eagerly awaiting my new mare to arrive, she is not due to be picked up until Monday and will have a layover on her way out to me...............

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#147 dbdg

dbdg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Interests:I spend a lot of time traveling. cooking, baking, my kids, and my ponies take up the rest of my time

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

but I LOVE big driving horses....must stay away...

Dianna B.

Its an equipment problem.... there's a nut loose in the saddle

#148 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,997 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

timber - - what discipline does you rhorse do?

#149 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  • Interests:Arabians/Half- Arabians
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

but I LOVE big driving horses....must stay away...

BUT MANY OF THEM ARE SELLING WITH NO ReSERVE

You must have big black driving horse.............you must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#150 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Country Pleasure, Show Hack and Costume and has been ridden to Rs Nat Champ Saddle Seat Eq.