Photo

SX Aragolds Heiress - Our little "all around" miracle!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Marci

Marci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Some of you may remember that a couple of years ago I rescued the 30 yr old *Serafix grandson, Aragold Dancer.

Well - now, at 32 years old Dancer is happy, healthy and the sire of a precious filly that I have named SX Aragolds Heiress. She had a tough time getting started but is a real fighter and is completely recovered from her ordeal. Here is her story and a picture of "Airy" w/mom - also a picture of her dad.

A true miracle baby?

"Airy" is out of our ONLY Country Heir daughter, PPA The Heiress (x CJA Mary Kate), she conceived in his last year as he died soon after Heiress was born.

This is "PPA The Heiress'" first foal.

Aragold Dancer was aquired in 2010, at age 30, with only 8 progeny registered in Data Source. He, by the 100% Crabbet stallion, Royal Gold (*Serafix x *Royal Silver) and out of the 75% CMK, Ararose Marie.

Heiress was covered in 2011, when Dancer was 31 years old. See attached picture taken at age 31,

SX Aragold Heiress was foaled at 10:00 p.m., Sunday, May 6, 2012. She immediately presented with colic-like symptoms and, after 3 enemas, she was diagnosed with a meuconimum impaction that was so far up, it could (possibly) not be reached without surgery. "Airy" was given Banamine and Xylazine (sp?) for the severe pain and we kept working her. She was oiled, manually palpated and given several more enemas. Well into the next day (til 10 pm)we kept trying to dislodge all the meuconimum and were not having much luck. All the meds and enemas gave her only temporary relief. Colic symtoms were more prevalent, repeated rolling, and "Airy" was getting shocky. She could not stand because of the pain - much less nurse. So scary. We milked Heiress (she was so good) but we were so busy trying to save "Airy's" life, we never got it down her. Finally, in a last ditch effort, Nadine got a large syringe and a jug of mineral and began to infuse her - finally, dislodged the grand daddy - very close to the size of a walnut. Pain was immediately gone. "Airy" jumped up and started to nurse. It was night and cold and "Airy" was shaking. Nadine bundled her up in a baby blankct, loaded her into a large cart (lined with blankets) and wheeled her to a large, enclosed stall where she could be under a heat lamp. She stood up through the rest of the night, not wanting to lie down any more,

Day 2 we drew blood for the IGG test. Levels were Zero.

Day 3 "Airy" received a bag of plasma to supply her with all the needed antibodies.

Day 4 - Out of the woods - Even our vet cannot believe that she made it.

Day 5 - Turned out in a large paddock for the first. Picture was taken, then.

What a little fighter and I am so happy she has survived this ordeal. She is very special

Happy Mothers Day - all!

Attached Thumbnails

• SX Aragold Heiress05_10_12_1.jpg
  • Aragold Dancer.jpg

Marci de la Torre
Pegasus Park Arabians
Wildomar, CA

Home of:
Seraphix (SX Staleys Gemini x Zia Bi Bask) - A *Serafix grandson out of a *Bask/CMK mare!!
Bright Rabba (FV Sharabba x Galana'Zi)- an exciting young Sharabba son out of a Galan/Ga'Zi daughter.
Jewel King (The Chessman x GA Celeste) A rare double Galan++ grandson.
MHR Flame(Port Bask x MHR Polanka) Pure Polish - Mekeel-bred!
A Touch Of Pride (Farlanes Pride+/ x Phylicity) The one and only son of Farlanes Pride+/ in the US.
SX Mister Brilliant (Serazim x BT Cameo by El Brillante). The only entire son of the great Serazim.

#2 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

Congratulations Marci!!! She is a doll and it is wonderful she is doing just fine.

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open
"Using Bloodlines of the Past, To Create Beautiful Athletes of the Future!"

#3 Macimage

Macimage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

She's a lovely filly. Congratulations!!

PB Arab 1984-2014 Gelding "Mac" My First Foal (Pictured in my Avatar)
PB Arab 2008 Colt MD Jakk Jamaal
QH/Arab? Rescue 1983 Skip (Pictured in my Avatar w Mac)
APHA 2003 Huck

#4 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

A miracle baby indeed! So glad her story turned out well!
She is a beautiful filly. Her dam did a wonderful job with her! And her sire is SO handsome!

I have a palomino gelding who is by a half-brother to your stallion, he is a very sweet and intelligent fellow.
For another coincidence, at one time I seriously considered buying CJA Mary Kate!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#5 Mystic Rose

Mystic Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

Oh wow! Congratulations all around on your miracle!!

Jennifer Whittaker
http://www.MysticRoseArabians.com or find us on FB under Mystic Rose Arabians
Home of: Summer Saga+ (Massar El Sabbah x Summer Savannah) - proven high mileage endurance stallion and SHIH Champion.
SHN Payback Nominated, SCID and CA negative.  Sire of Regional Champions in Endurance/SHIH/SHUS and winning open dressage horses!

#6 Marci

Marci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Mary Kate is an awesome mare. I tried to buy her after my lease was up, but she had gone to another home. PPA The Heiress looks a lot like her dam. Here is a picture of her prior to foaling..

Tell me about your 1/2 brother to Aragold Dancer.

Thanks.

Marci

Attached Thumbnails

• Heiress 041912_2Website.jpg

Marci de la Torre
Pegasus Park Arabians
Wildomar, CA

Home of:
Seraphix (SX Staleys Gemini x Zia Bi Bask) - A *Serafix grandson out of a *Bask/CMK mare!!
Bright Rabba (FV Sharabba x Galana'Zi)- an exciting young Sharabba son out of a Galan/Ga'Zi daughter.
Jewel King (The Chessman x GA Celeste) A rare double Galan++ grandson.
MHR Flame(Port Bask x MHR Polanka) Pure Polish - Mekeel-bred!
A Touch Of Pride (Farlanes Pride+/ x Phylicity) The one and only son of Farlanes Pride+/ in the US.
SX Mister Brilliant (Serazim x BT Cameo by El Brillante). The only entire son of the great Serazim.

#7 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hi, Marci, the sire of my palomino gelding was Boldd Goldd, he was by Royal Gold and out of a mare called Valkyrie Royal.
Goldd was a lovely chestnut stallion who had a respectable career in western pleasure. I have owned three of his get, and they were all very intelligent horses who wanted to please. Goldd passed away a few years ago.

Here is a pic of my boy, Shot of Goldd:
shotgunpasture1.jpg

You can definitely see the family neck!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#8 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

WHEW! Congrats Marci, that story made me sweat just reading it. She's a little trooper and very very adorable.

Pat Lowe

#9 Nicole&Reannon

Nicole&Reannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

she is gorgeous!!! Glad to hear a happy ended!

#10 Ann7

Ann7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing this beautiful filly grow up.
Ann

For by grace are you saved...Ephesians 2:8
Bellagio AF, WH Scar Face, Annabelle BF, Maximus BF, Autina, JA Troubadour, JA Unforgettable, TA Zeus

Rock Hill SC Mental Health Counselor providing Equine Therapy

www.ann-clark.com