Photo

2012 foals, please share yours!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
411 replies to this topic

#411 blackpegasusarabianfarm

blackpegasusarabianfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

I missed this post and here I am on the last day of 2012 posting pictures of my now weaned and sold filly! I haven't had a foal since 2006, though, and this one is out of a home-bred mare, so I just have to share her! This filly was conceived after I had received half of the purchase price for her dam, and I felt "safe" breeding the mare to my stallion, per the buyer's wishes. Just after the mare was confirmed 30 days in foal, the buyer had a change of heart and, surprisingly, told me to keep what monies she'd paid as compensation for being stuck with a foal in addition to a mare I thought I'd sold. I put the foal up for sale immediately, and was contacted by a woman who already owns a mare by my stallion. She jumped at the chance to have another foal by him, and for the first time, I sold a horse 3 months before it even hit the ground! Once the filly was born, her owner came down to see her in person and meet her parents, and she fell even more in love. This filly is so incredibly smart, brave, and sweet, and her owner is enjoying her more and more each day. Without further ado, here is "Lacy" (reg. name pending, so just her barn name for now):

May 2012 Grey Filly - Farenhyte (Algomej x Fellana/Bandos) x Ambrozjas Star (Celzeus x AH Ambrozja/El Paso)

A couple days old, love the dish that is so rare from horses with her classic Polish breeding.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

One of me with Lacy and her new owner Wendy the day Lacy went to her new home. She'd never seen a trailer before that day, yet she hopped in with no hesitation and settled right in for the whole 6 hour drive! I'm so very proud of this amazing filly, and can't wait to hear more of her ventures with Wendy!

Posted Image

Here is what Wendy had to say after having Lacy home for only 3 days:

"Lacey went her first "ride" and she did so well. Mustang Sally did not mind as much as she thought she would. I did more training with her than with Lacey. We went through 2 cement drainage ditches with water in them. Had a 1/4 mile long trot, She got stopped behind a sage brush, no wider than she is, but chest high. I let her choose her way around, and she went right over, cleared it nicely from a standstill. Her pen is just a few feet from my bedroom window, she call to me whenever she sees me walk past. So cute! She can see all of the other horses, but her only "over the fence" pal is the mustang mare who cut her chest on the trainer's round pen all those years ago. What a sweetie she is!!!! ~ Wendy E."

Three days later, I received this fun update from Wendy:

"Lacey had another wonderful hike. We climbed some mountains and went at least 3 miles today. She loves it! she is so good. Once, the halter slipped off of her nose, I looked over and it was just around her neck. On the way home, the rope went under Sally's tail, she kicked out pretty hard twice, that did not phase Lacey at all. She stayed to the side, I did an emergency dismount on the mountainside, got Sally settled and off we went again. Lacey has to stay in a round pen until I get my Quarter/T-Walker yearling sold, then she will get his 1/4 acre paddock. So I want to get her out for exercise everyday that I can. ~ Wendy E."

Lastly, here is a short video taken of Lacy on October 7th, 2012, just a couple of weeks after she turned 4 months old. This was the day she was picked up by Wendy, and was the second time being led away from her mother. She was weaned the day she was picked up, and Wendy said she never batted an eye at the whole scenario!

Renée Safholm

Hunts Classic Polish Arabians

Home of Farenhyte (Algomej x Fellana by Bandos)
and Celzeus (Goliat x Candela by Etap)

#412 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Skymare . . . .I love the attitude in your colt! He is a good looking boy, and knows it!

thanks okie. he has attitude all right. and a really independent streak. weaning is going to be a breeze.
Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.