Photo

EMAA ~ Anyone showing there this summer?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce's Tack Box

Bruce's Tack Box

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

I am heading back to the show arena this year and we are looking at going back to EMAA. Just wondered if anyone else was planning to show there.

#2 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

We will probably show at the first couple, depending on how long my daughter is home for and if we have our farm sold. We've been showing there for years and it is such a fun place to show. What classes are you showing in?

#3 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

I plan on taking my new little guy for a spin in a few of the classes. :) We will do pb hunter pleasure. Depending on whether or not my friend shows (empty stall in the trailer?) little miss Gigi may tag along too!

BTB, will you be showing Bey Ovation???

#4 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys... won't be showing until futurities, but am going to support one of the mares I sold who is getting ready to go to SHN.

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA
2010 53% Arabian Cremello Colt
(Allusive Gold ss X Wyo Prairie Pearl)

#5 Bruce's Tack Box

Bruce's Tack Box

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

I don't know if Bey will be able to return to the ring. He has a pretty ugly hock. We have a Dr apt next week to see if he can do it or if he is officially retired. If he can show again, we will show in PB hunter.

I will be showing in HA Saddleseat and I will be showing my other HA in HA Hunter and possibly dressage. I will probably halter one of them or both if my friend shows with me.

#6 Bruce's Tack Box

Bruce's Tack Box

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Is EMAA still an ACS? I was told at the expo by a lady at the WMAHA booth that they (EMAA) are not anymore.

#7 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

It doesn't look like they are anymore due to the added costs...which is fine with me. I don't want that on my horse's show record if it's not going toward any legion points or qualifications.

I won't be going to the May show any longer (boo!) because I got a new job (yeah!).

#8 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

It was only $5 per horse for the ACS, from the newsletter it looks like there were other issues. I know it was a sore spot for a couple of the trainers that showed there and they couldn't show in the open classes anymore unless they hid their number and just exhibited. When they first started the ACS awards the annual high point awards weren't too bad, nice garmet bags, duffel bags, and tack covers/bags plus they had good giveaways for door prizes, Ariat boots for the 50/50 every show and turtleneck coolers. The last few years since there have been more and more ACS shows there didn't appear to as many giveaways and more limitations on who can show and in what. I think the limitations outweighed the benefits. EMAA usually has really nice year end awards and I haven't seen the Ariat or Turtleneck participation lately. Without the corporate sponsors all you will get is a pin and certificate from AHA and I can't see where that is worth the extra paperwork and limiting who can show.

ACS: A member had a question regarding why we discontinued ACS point approval. As President P. Murley wrote in her
July news brief Arabian Community Show (ACS) Status –The
Board voted to discontinue the ACS program AFTER the September 2011 show.

Your Board has been having multiple and extensive discussions
regarding EMAA’s participation in the Arabian Community Show
(ACS) Program. The decision was based on the following discussions:
how the management of the ACS has changed over the
years
the inconsistency of information provided from ACS to
EMAA board members
the deterioration in the lack of quality ACS awards and the
untimeliness of presentation of same
the number of EMAA members in 2011 who paid for AHA
memberships to receive ACS awards
many members like having an on-line record of their horses
accomplishments
EMAA members have won more awards than probably any
other ACS club
the mixed interpretation of ACS rules between different
ACS clubs
the confusion between ACS rules and EMAA rules
the fact that ACS does not support trainer participation in
ACS classes
the amount of work the program causes the show office,
and
the enormous confusion which is caused when policy/
procedure changes are made mid-show year

Congrats on the new job!

#9 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

Thank you for clarifying! And thanks for the congrats. :) Any of those clinics you mentioned coming up soon? I plan on going to the Eventing University in Williamston in April just to get my feet wet...I'll let you know how that goes, and I'm sure I'll be posting pix.

#10 Bruce's Tack Box

Bruce's Tack Box

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for the info! It wasn't a big deal to me, just surprised me. If I was worried about points, etc, I would be forking out the money to show class A!