33 replies to this topic

#11 Nicole&Reannon

Nicole&Reannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Probably splash and Sabino, no point in testing for SB1 because it's not in arabs, but you can test for splash ( well 3 types, I'm sure they will find more).
Reannon - 2000 Andalusian/Arabian Mare
(Valerio(Andalusian) x Vienese Waltz (DWD Tabasco x Heaven Scent))

#12 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Good to know, glad I wasted that $25... Am I the only one who compares the prices of things to the number of bales you could have bought?

Home of: Unforgettable Fame (Rough Justice x Madam Mouselle) Purebred Arabian Stallion

Aur Afire (Aur Farwa x Basks Fashion)

Wictorya (Andrzejevo x Walhalla) Pure polish from the ever important "W" polish dam line! (pronounced Victoria)

And Introducing Aldebars Treasure (Sor-Jos Dazi x SCA Miss Adarica) ROM in PtHA Halter! Purebred Arabian Stallion!

#13 Nicole&Reannon

Nicole&Reannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

LOL bummer airwalker! Yes.. I do that too!

#14 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

It was worth a shot. Its never been found in Arabians but I had also heard it is rarely tested for....

Home of: Unforgettable Fame (Rough Justice x Madam Mouselle) Purebred Arabian Stallion

Wictorya (Andrzejevo x Walhalla) Pure polish from the ever important "W" polish dam line! (pronounced Victoria)

And Introducing Aldebars Treasure (Sor-Jos Dazi x SCA Miss Adarica) ROM in PtHA Halter! Purebred Arabian Stallion!

#15 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Test results back eeAa. So she could throw any color. That's cool to know! Obviously the SB1 was n/n next stop splash white. Should I test for the W10 gene? Says W10 will present itself as a spotting of some kind. SCID and CA will be coming soon. I may wait until she is a few years old though.

#16 Nicole&Reannon

Nicole&Reannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

nah w10 is really obvious.. just go with splash and see what happens. If your horse tests negative it doesn't necissarily mean it doesn't have splash, simply none of those 3 forms, and it still is very possibly a form of sabino

#17 WSArabians

WSArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Me wants!!!

You gotta post some updated photo's, too!

Whispering Secret Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians!

#18 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Most of the photos are new. Like 1-2 weeks ago.

#19 WSArabians

WSArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

How is this grand girl doing?

Whispering Secret Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians!

#20 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

She is doing well, she is still very small at only 13.2 almost 14h at the butt though. I am very fortunate to be so short, her and I will be a tiny matched pair, and if she gets her mommas big butt we will really match!! Sadly I am not going to sink a ton of money into training her. She is still over at the knee, only slightly but enough to take her out of any halter class, even sport horse. It is noticable to me and I am a confomation novice. She will still make one ###### of a performance horse and she has the personality to become the worlds greatest partner. She is my little baby and I could not ask for a better little girl. I am hoping her legs will even out during the year as she grows, she did go straight this summer but hit a growth spurt at 12 months and her tendons are just not stretching as fast as her bones are growing. Most likely a congenital issue from being so tied up when she was born, has anyone else seen this issue with her lines? Any other horses of this bloodline have leg deformaties? Her sire and dam both have straight, clean legs. I have many photos of her dams conformation. And she is 75% her mother! I will try to add an updated photo if I can get home before it gets dark today.