Photo
- - - - -

What Would Bring You To A Vegas Class 'a' Show?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 Shoez

Shoez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

It's no secret that the Las Vegas arabian club does not have much going on. Our shows are always close too close to nationals and people don't come. What types of changes would draw you to a show here? I'm looking into changing the annual show to March. It would be an extra chance to qualify for seven in April.
Vegas has an over abundance of food trucks. I'm sure delicious food wouldn't be a problem. A local tack vendor could bring their truck. If anyone has a little shop they would like to set up, please let me know. The management company that runs the show grounds can also get really great room deals. We need to bring the Vegas club back to life, but can't do it without the horses! PLEASE add any comments to this :)

Magnum Majik (Magnum Psyche x Ballad of Majik) 2003 bay stallion
Ami Baskava (Ami Baskmen+ x Toyva Liena) 1998 bay mare

#2 Gogetter

Gogetter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

This isn't a bad idea considering that the dual region 1/7 qualifier, Fiesta Del Mar, has been canceled.

Good facilities and good judges are a must! And prizes, if not money, then good, useful prizes. Where IS the facility there?

Amy Johnson Proud owner of Carangi+/ (Versace X Giavanna)

2013 Region 2 UNANIMOUS Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Region 1 Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Youth National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure JTR 14-18
2012 U.S. National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54; Region 2 Champ Hunter Pl. AATR 40+ and Hunter Pl. Open, Res Champ PB Hunter Pl. AAOTR; Region 1 Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 40 and over, Reserve Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AATR 40 and over 2011 U.S. National Top Ten (third!) PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54, Region 1 Champ PB Hunter AAOTR 40 and Over, Region 2 Reserve Champ PB Hunter AATR

#3 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,350 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Where is the show held? I would be really interested in coming at that time of year.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#4 Shoez

Shoez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

The club always has the show at Horseman's Park http://www.equineeve....com/index.html

What would be considered useful prizes? We had two saddles at the last show. Do people want coolers, halters, buckets, chairs.... ???

What about bringing back the fun classes? As in dollar bill, egg and spoon, and whatever else we can come up with. Those always seem to break up the day a little and make it fun.

Magnum Majik (Magnum Psyche x Ballad of Majik) 2003 bay stallion
Ami Baskava (Ami Baskmen+ x Toyva Liena) 1998 bay mare

#5 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,350 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the link to the location!
Saddles would be great awards but if they are western, do NOT put writing on the fenders, I see so many award saddles for sale on eBay which makes me think people are reluctant to ride the ones with writing on them. I know I would be. A saddle and a plaque is a nice alternative.

Halters, buckets, chairs, all are very useful items!

When we used to have a local class A show in Alamogordo, we had fun classes, too, including a costume class with silly costumes, not native stuff. It sure was great!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#6 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

Bump for current input. I know that the economy has been an issue for many in terms of making choices between showing and caring for their horses. (if one has enough $ for both). Gasoline costs are higher, and there is always a risk in hauling horses a long way to a show. Many people will not put their horses through certain things just for a ribbon or just for a win. Have been a member of this Las Vegas club for many years, in strong economic years and not-so-great, and would like to hear your input. More fun classes, TBA classes, education/clinics, multiple judges/ sport horse classes/dressage.........?????. Las Vegas is still a draw for many people, but the Arabian Breeders' World Cup right now is still only a halter venue. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

Marilee Mott, owned Arabians/Egyptians since 1981., member of The Pyramid Society & Nevada State Horsemans Association, previous 4-H horseproject leader.

#7 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

The last time I showed in Vegas we were out by Sams town a very very long time ago.

I would absolutely consider going to Vegas to show if they had Sport Horse classes/Dressage, and March would be a good time of year,
except it can rain...... Marc better then October for me and my clients since we have just gotten back from Sport Horse Nationals this time of the
year and our wallets are recovering.

I know what I loved about showing in Reno back in the early 90's is that we had no night classes, it made it so much fun, gave us the evening to go have fun.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#8 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Bring back fun classes, add some of the gymkhana type classes, make it an open breed show along with the Arabian classes, useful prizes. Maybe think of having some schooling shows, non-rated, open to all breeds, less cost, more often.

Pat Lowe

#9 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thanks. I have been reading a lot on the internet, and that is what I think too. The economy is still a factor, but Vegas can still be a draw. We have always had conflict with other regions for dates due to "as the crow flies versus driving time", and dates for other shows and regionals, but TBAs can be great. Ask for a class, get more people to come, with more publicity and get the premiums out earlier, so people know about it and can think maybe and make a choice to come. Years ago we did have regionals here with dressage, when it was just starting to take off, few Arabians then, but more now......Show grounds still at the same place, but new footing in the arena, and many more improvements for the show-er and the exhibitor and the horses. .What do you think regarding youth and amateur classes only versus open/breed/trainers/amateurs...........??.I think the more the better, and the more choices the better in this economy.

#10 kukrae

kukrae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

A silly idea and maybe not much of an incentive, but what about $100, $75 fuel cards for 1st & 2nd ...at least in the championships? Could probably get local fuel vendors to sponsor?

Tamara