Photo

New Mare, Rejected From The Sale, Anyone Want To Help?

We know who she is!!! update pg 5

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#81 Whoanellie

Whoanellie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Dr. Hoyme came out to evaluate Jewel/EA Flamette's continuing runny nose.

"Check - Snotty Norse; no odor; teeth look good; not coughing; lungs clear."

Of course, when Dr. Hoyme arrived, her nose was not runny! Since there was no obvious discharge or congestion in her lungs or sinus cavity, the vet recommended that we put her on antibiotics for a week as it just may be a low-grade infection. She will be getting 15 SMZ's twice a day for a week to see if that helps with her "on/off runny nose".

DSpencer! Thank you so much for you caring and support for this lovely mare! Your contribution helps her tremendously!

#82 DSpencer

DSpencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

ha ha ha - she's got you going..... hopefully the SMZ will clear things up. Guess she's kinda my other "new" horse......

Dolly Ames (Matoi x Ames Onmyown) for sale or lease
LH So Bittersweet (Europia x Alisiam)  in foal to  II Damb Much (Sambist X II Much Money by Monogramm)  foaled June 21, 2014

Gatsby (*Ecaho X LH So Bittersweet) 4/5/09 - 5/22/09 Gone but not forgotton - I miss you!

https://www.facebook.com/GoLightlyLLC

#83 Whoanellie

Whoanellie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

ha ha ha - she's got you going..... hopefully the SMZ will clear things up. Guess she's kinda my other "new" horse......

Thank you DSpencer for helping EA Flamette. No runny nose for the past few days. She is getting her antibiotics daily. I don't know if the SMZ's are making a difference or not because she does not have the runny nose all the time. Will continue with them as directed and hopefully they will knock out whatever is causing this. If not, we will then have her scoped.

Thanks ever so much to those of you who have reached out to help TIER care for this mare. She deserves to be treated kindly and well!

#84 Whoanellie

Whoanellie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

DSpencer, Thank you once again for being there for Jewel. Link to Jewel's page/updates: http://www.tierrescu...JoharaJewel.htm

4/28/2012 - Jewel Gets a Brushing

Jewel had her own personal groom today...VolunTIER Christine. She is still quite tender on her hind end. The antibiotics she was on for a week helped tremendously with her runny nose. Vet will be out on Monday to help poor ZEKE who arrived at TIER yesterday. (WARNING - GRAPHIC PHOTOS of ZEKE's INJURIES). Vet will be doing a follow-up on beautiful Jewel!

Posted Image

Christine talked to Jewel while she was grooming, was very patient and kind. Jewel has wonderful manners. BUT...if she is not haltered when you are working with her she will soon move off.

Posted Image

Finally.....she appears to be holding weight. She still has a ways to go, but she is looking good compared to when she arrived!

#85 DSpencer

DSpencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Any new news on this girl......

LH So Bittersweet (Europia x Alisiam)  in foal to  II Damb Much (Sambist X II Much Money by Monogramm)  foaled June 21, 2014

Gatsby (*Ecaho X LH So Bittersweet) 4/5/09 - 5/22/09 Gone but not forgotton - I miss you!

#86 WSArabians

WSArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

I hope she has kept recovering. She is a lovely mare.

Whispering Secret Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians!

#87 Whoanellie

Whoanellie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Latest update: Jewel

5/21/2012 - Socializing with the Girls!

Posted Image
Jewel is progressing. She still needs to gain weight and muscle. Dr. Moore, the chiropractor, said that Jewel needed to move more. Since she had gained some weight and seemed stronger, we put her in the "Older Gal Group".
Posted Image
As far as herd dynamics go, Jewel is somewhat in the middle of the pack. She is not an Alpha mare and is not low man on the totem pole either. She gets along well with the other girls.
Posted Image
She seems to be contented and there has not been any disagreements with her herd mates. Sugar Bear can be a bit pushy at times, but Jewel just walks away and ignores her. It is our hope that with a larger area to move around in and some new buddies, Jewel's issues with her stifles will improve and she will also gain more muscle.

#88 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

Gail, you are one incredible person! I so much admire what you do.
Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...

#89 Whoanellie

Whoanellie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

What a nice comment cecilia! Thank you. We cannot do this alone. It DOES take a village! If it wasn't for our donors, we could not help any horses. Quite often, it is just normal care that these lovely horses need. Adequate feed, regular farrier/dental, chiropractic care, etc.

The first 6 months of care sometimes requires a bit more attention to food and supplements. The payoff is bright eyes, shiney coats, wonderful personalities and smiles from the inside out. Because of these horses we have been fortunate to meet caring people, share information and ideas on care/treatment, etc. Our supporters have helped us to help over 800 horses since we began rescuing in 1998. I would have never dreamed that this would happen.

It appears to be quite simple: When the Heart Speaks. The Heart Listens.

Thank you all for being there for so many!

#90 DSpencer

DSpencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the update Gail. Glad to see she is still improving....