Photo

Frozen Semen Stallion List Wanting To Start

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#51 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

how much does it cost to transport a horse from one coast to the other? i would love to breed to some non australian horses. add a little something else as i'm sure pc breeders over there would love access to aussie horses. there are so few pc breeders who can afford to freeze semen. it's a real shame. i know i sure would if i had an awesome stallion and the money. i will be transporting my mare across states in the future. i will probably have to pay a grand each way for a couple trips. plus agistment and services which won't be cheap. that'll take some saving to do. luckily for me there are some very good stallions in my state, victoria. annoyingly two stallions i'd love to use have just been sold to further away homes which will cost a bit to access. but if i can do it i will. i sure don't do this to make money lol.
Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.

#52 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

how much does it cost to transport a horse from one coast to the other? i would love to breed to some non australian horses. add a little something else as i'm sure pc breeders over there would love access to aussie horses. there are so few pc breeders who can afford to freeze semen. it's a real shame. i know i sure would if i had an awesome stallion and the money. i will be transporting my mare across states in the future. i will probably have to pay a grand each way for a couple trips. plus agistment and services which won't be cheap. that'll take some saving to do. luckily for me there are some very good stallions in my state, victoria. annoyingly two stallions i'd love to use have just been sold to further away homes which will cost a bit to access. but if i can do it i will. i sure don't do this to make money lol.

I would say $500 plus to get a horse to the other coast. Never had experience with frozen. If I was going that route, I would want to get the best vet within a days drive considering the expense. Yes, being able to share the bloodlines would be amazing. Luckily have two PC stallions to breed to up here. Amyr Bronze PC (*Seyad (maternal brother to *Seffer) X BL Majestic Mist) and DSA Brynn CRB ( Gavin X Senoran Rose) (half Doyle).

MI Royal Flag (*Silver Flag AHS X MI Royal Spring) 1990BM Brazen Angel (*Dandaloo Kadet X Brazen Secret) 2006BM Evening Fire Ruby (Fire Reflection X MI Royal Flag) 2009BM  Evening Kadence Rumba (Kari Lockets Kadence X MI Royal Flag) 2011BM Evening Crabbet Diva (Crabbet Royalty X *Rothlynne Pure Delight) 2012 BM Evening Crabbet Bliss (Crabbet Royalty X *Acabona Blessing) 2012 BM

#53 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

I have been thinking about freezing my stallion. I have a local stallion station that is very competent and the owner has wanted to freeze him for some time. I am not going to freeze him for shipping overseas as that is not cost effective given the amount of interest I have received over the years, 3 from Australia and 2 from Europe and he is 19 this year. Not nearly enough interest in my view. I would be interested in offering a free dose or breeding to someone to test the viability of the frozen and was wondering if anyone would like to try it if I go forward with this? It would have to be an approved mare in phenotype and genotype as well as a healthy breeding mare.

If anyone is interested please let me know. The dose is free, you pay the shipping and vet fees.

Regards,
Peter

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#54 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

good luck with your freezing venture Peter. I think it's a great idea. He's a stunning horse well worth the trouble of frozen.
Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.

#55 DSpencer

DSpencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

Wow Peter quite the offer! I still have my Europia daughter that could make a very nice cross with your boy.

Dolly Ames (Matoi x Ames Onmyown) for sale or lease
LH So Bittersweet (Europia x Alisiam)  in foal to  II Damb Much (Sambist X II Much Money by Monogramm)  foaled June 21, 2014

Gatsby (*Ecaho X LH So Bittersweet) 4/5/09 - 5/22/09 Gone but not forgotton - I miss you!

https://www.facebook.com/GoLightlyLLC