Photo

Frozen Semen Stallion List Wanting To Start

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 mysteryarabians

mysteryarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

Ok so it is easy now a days to find stallion owners that offer cool semen shipped, but still not so for Frozen. Due to where I am located Frozen is better for me. I thought it would be nice for any one looking to have list of stallions that do. So if your stallion does please post it here and link to your site.
Mystery Mountain Pintabians, Arabians & Paints
Home of Pintabian Producer CR Royale Copppersin & APHA stallion GG Colour My World

#2 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

Where are you? Are you in the US? There are different requirements for shipping within the US and shipping out of the US. The only CMK or Crabbet related stallion I know of that can ship out of the US as well as in is Aul Magic owned by Betsy Teeter.

Regards,
Peter

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#3 mysteryarabians

mysteryarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

Canada
Mystery Mountain Pintabians, Arabians & Paints
Home of Pintabian Producer CR Royale Copppersin & APHA stallion GG Colour My World

#4 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

We sold an Echo Magnifficoo daughter to a woman in Canada.
She is going to do a frozen semen breeding (the stallion is deceased) and she says that with the
Canadian rules to handle frozen semen it is much easier for her to send the mare down to Washington and have
the breeding done there. Obviously if the stallion were living she would just do chilled.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#5 backyardbred

backyardbred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

Still I like this idea...we do need a list of stallions that frozen semen is for sale and the owners who offer this commodity can state whether they can ship out of the country. From what little research I have done each nations have different requirements that must be met before they will allow a shipment of horse semen to enter thier country.
I by no means know enough to even speak on the subject but I have been interested in doing shuch a thing if it where feasible. Especially if it would produce a foal from a stallion that I have always wanted.

#6 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

HG Esquire+

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,321 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

HG Esquire+ to be frozen for availability to outside mare owners for export to several locations outside of the U.S. Available by March 1, 2012

Denise Gainey

HG Esquire+, Rated 'E' for EVERYONE
GCA & Sport Horses on Facebook

Where Quality & Friendship Matter!

#7 Ambar

Ambar

System Janitor

• Moderators
  • 514 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

*Seffer has frozen semen available; you'd have to contact Michael Bowling directly on the export question.

Posted Image

"Each of us, no doubt, at one time or another has owned the best horse that ever looked through a bridle. I once owned a better one. Without taking time to prove it, I will simply admit it." -- Albert W Harris, "The Arabian Horse," The Horse, July-August 1944.

Ambar Arabians: http://ambararabians.com/

Member of International Arabians in Sport Association and California-Nevada Arabian Sport Horse Association

#8 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Wow I hadn't seen this picture of *Seffer before. We have some of the few Pure Crabbet *Seffer line horses and just love them.

MI Royal Flag (*Silver Flag AHS X MI Royal Spring) 1990BM Brazen Angel (*Dandaloo Kadet X Brazen Secret) 2006BM Evening Fire Ruby (Fire Reflection X MI Royal Flag) 2009BM  Evening Kadence Rumba (Kari Lockets Kadence X MI Royal Flag) 2011BM Evening Crabbet Diva (Crabbet Royalty X *Rothlynne Pure Delight) 2012 BM Evening Crabbet Bliss (Crabbet Royalty X *Acabona Blessing) 2012 BM

#9 Dawn JL

Dawn JL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

Here's some general info on using frozen semen: http://www.superiore...menbasics.shtml Some detailed info on export/import issues: http://www.ivis.org/...91010100306.pdf

I can also add that my young stallion, FCF Oberons Vanity (AF Vanitys Repeat x BruMarBa Callisto) [SCID clear, CA N/N, LFS negative] will be offered at stud via frozen semen within the US starting this year. We tested his frozen last year and found it to be of excellent quality both under the microscope and via successful pregancy (one breeding dose resulted in a pregnancy; foal is due in June). My local storage facility is not equipped to ship frozen semen so I am arranging to ship doses to a cryobank that can do so. We will be doing a few collections in March to obtain additional doses and then we'll be transferring the doses to the cryobank. I am finalizing the details of a special offer and the contract language, but am happy to answer questions.

Posted Image Posted Image
Dawn Jones-Low
Faerie Court Farm
Magical Arabian Sport Horses

www.faeriecourtfarm.com
Visit Faerie Court Farm on facebook
FCF Oberons Vanity on facebook

#10 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

*Seffer has frozen semen available; you'd have to contact Michael Bowling directly on the export question.

Posted Image

Now you gave me somthing to think about. I have always loved *Seffer. I think he would do well with my Magic Aulrab daughters. I didn't know Michael had frozen. Check out those small tippy ears!!!! Definitely something the breed is missing.

Regards,
Peter

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey