Photo

Mirage V- Tell Me What You Know

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#51 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Thank you, I'll need it! Darn mare was just set on ovulating on Mondays this year. Short cycled her and she came in 2 days later, to ovulate on a Monday!

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA
2010 53% Arabian Cremello Colt
(Allusive Gold ss X Wyo Prairie Pearl)

#52 slightsey

slightsey

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

I am by no means an expert but regarding Mirage's back/ loin I wonder if he would be able to do dressage at the level he is if he did have a long back. Having a long coupling makes it hard for horses to bring their hind legs underneath themselves and therefore would be a problem in collection. He does not seem to have this problem

Rumonek did you ever speak to Beth about this? Lucinda, I attached a side view of him when I introduced Mi Luna on the "foals 2013" topic page. Would love to have you opinion.

Quick comment... I'm so happy to hear these nice things about Beth. Hopefully I'll get to talk with her soon!

#53 Mortazavi Farms

Mortazavi Farms

Advanced Member

• Platinum Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Mirage is producing very athletic babies! Our Mirage Anglo filly jumped our fence for the 2nd time in less than a week. 4 foot high fence, uphill. She's not even 3 months old yet.

Stacy Mortazavi

Posted Image

Herd Dispersal Sale, offering several quality horses available for breeding, show and family/trail stock and prospects.

#54 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

It's kind of hard to read your responses... when you quote, make sure to type outside of the last quote ( [ / quote ] ) <----after that.

I've talked to Beth quite a bit. I'm currently on my second try to get my mare in foal to him, hopefully we'll have good news, as if not it'll be far too late in the year for me to breed, especially with this heat. We went with deep horn this time :)

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA

#55 slightsey

slightsey

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

It's kind of hard to read your responses... when you quote, make sure to type outside of the last quote ( [ / quote ] ) <----after that.

I've talked to Beth quite a bit. I'm currently on my second try to get my mare in foal to him, hopefully we'll have good news, as if not it'll be far too late in the year for me to breed, especially with this heat. We went with deep horn this time :)

Sorry about the quotes. Wasn't too sure where to type. Did you ever talk to her about his conformation? Both your mares are lovely! I will keep my fingers crossed!

#56 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Sorry, on my phone it's hard to pick out whose typed what!
I did- when I originaly talked to her before buying the breedings, we talked for a good couple of hours over the phone. When it came down to it, we couldn't decide which mare we liked best for him so I decided to go with both. This will be a nerve wracking week waiting- first time I've had to breed more than once with this mare. The weather alone is making this breeding season awful.

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA