Photo

Rehoming 86% Crabbet Mare

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Nevada Jayne

Nevada Jayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I am coming down on hard times financially. Hay is incredibly expensive and I need to get down to one horse. I have not sold her half arab. gelding and hes been for sale since October. I am willing to rehome my 20 yr old mare Nevada Jayne to people who like the Crabbet breeding and will give her a forever home. Shes got a million crosses to Raffles and is 86% crabbet blunt. Please message if interested. Shes got 2 fillys who have been shown and one is Oldenburg approved.
Owner of:
Nevada Jayne
and Jaynes MidnightJaz

#2 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

I think it would be helpful if you gave a location, as hauling can be quite expensive. Also whether she is broke to ride or breedable and in these times pictures are very often quite helpful, as so many are needing homes and sadly free or cheap. Pedigree's too. Wish you and her the best.
Namaste, LunaLisa

#3 Nevada Jayne

Nevada Jayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

Oppps. Thanks!
She is broke to ride but green. She hasnt offered to buck or do anything naughty. Her last foal was 2010 and I believe she is still breedable.

She is located in the SF Bay area in California.
Lets see if the picture works. Its the most recent from December
Posted Image
Posted Image
Owner of:
Nevada Jayne
and Jaynes MidnightJaz

#4 backyardbred

backyardbred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

This is a very well bred mare...she is too far from Dallas, Texas for me to get her but just looking at this
pedigree and I am amazed. She of Alice Payne's Asil breeding... heavy, heavy Raffles focused on Rafferty. She
has a beautiful table top line...good neck structure and so far looking at her legs solid flat bone...Nevada
Jayne is very nice built Raffles mare. A 100% American Foundation mare. She is a beauty!
I hope things are better and you were able to keep her...
Val

#5 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

not sure what you mean by table-top line, backyard, but she is a nice, solid, well boned mare by these photos. though she looks a lot like my own PC mare and she has the Raffles look for sure. i know plenty of people that would snap up your mare, but sadly they are australian. :D i like her a lot. good luck with the rehoming.
Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.

#6 backyardbred

backyardbred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

Hello Australia!
Table-top-line is a generic term us old-timers used to describe a well placed tail head that
is level with the base of the withers. For example your own avatar has a table top-line. Another
feature is this kind of top-line does not have the pyramid croup.
I like a pyramid croup, but I am old -fashioned.
This mare is from an extremely costly breeding program...when Asil Arabians Farms
was active a mare like this one would cost in excess of $10,000.
No Bull, this is a fine mare...the preservationist breeders should snap Nevada Jayne
up recognizing her for a diamond. I have two horses from the Star Arabian Farms
a Gainey/Asil breeding program and they are both graceful, beautiful blessed
with the most loving disposition....a treasure and blessing to my life.
These Raffles horses have been time-tested and proven as horses that can do it all.
They were bred for versatility...none of this specialty bunk! They did it all and with flair.
I pulling for you Nevada Jayne....Bless you!
Val

#7 backyardbred

backyardbred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

Actually, when you study her pedigree...Nevada Jayne is just about 100% Selby Stud...What a rarity!
Talk about a piece of Crabbet History! Hello!
Val

#8 Nevada Jayne

Nevada Jayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Wow, I just saw this. I knew Jayne was special but I didnt really know the backround to why she was bred in the first place. I still have her and she is still available to a good home, unless her son finds a home then I will be keeping her.
Owner of:
Nevada Jayne
and Jaynes MidnightJaz

#9 Dawn JL

Dawn JL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

I wish she wasn't on the opposite side of the country! That's a super pedigree and a nice mare. I love Alice Payne and Selby breeding.
Dawn Jones-Low
Faerie Court Farm
Magical Arabian Sport Horses

www.faeriecourtfarm.com
Visit Faerie Court Farm on facebook
FCF Oberons Vanity on facebook

#10 Nevada Jayne

Nevada Jayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Well she is free... almost at this point if I knew it was a forever home I would help pay( in anyway I could) the transportation.
Owner of:
Nevada Jayne
and Jaynes MidnightJaz