Photo

2011 Shn Paybacks

Has anyone gotten a check yet?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
536 replies to this topic

#21 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Thank you for the clarification Peggy. I thought that was brought up in the other threads on this subject, but I didn't want to presume.

Siiamese--my point exactly. Some of this is an ethical/possible legal issue grey area, but certainly does not, IMO, look good on paper and the lack of transparency......just saying. Not against the idea of the program, but it needs a sound structure without excusses.

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold

#22 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

Siiamese--my point exactly. Some of this is an ethical/possible legal issue grey area, but certainly does not, IMO, look good on paper and the lack of transparency......just saying.

Denise

Particularly when questions and/or inquiries are summarily ignored. It seems the only response that Laura ever gives is to accuse Peggy. Laura has been in control for over a year - why no payouts? Why is the Corp not in good standing? How long will Laura continue to try to blame Peggy? Why no response to legitimate questions about the program? Why is there always a stated desire from Laura and Patience to keep all inquiries private? What is the purpose of hiding responses to questions that are of interest to many particiapants or potential participants?
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#23 valleyhorsecenter

valleyhorsecenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

Particularly when questions and/or inquiries are summarily ignored. It seems the only response that Laura ever gives is to accuse Peggy. Laura has been in control for over a year - why no payouts? Why is the Corp not in good standing? How long will Laura continue to try to blame Peggy? Why no response to legitimate questions about the program? Why is there always a stated desire from Laura and Patience to keep all inquiries private? What is the purpose of hiding responses to questions that are of interest to many particiapants or potential participants?

Dang!! Sounds like our government!!! :ninja:
http://www.valleyhorsecenter.com

Breeding, training and presenting the "complete Arabian!"

Posted Image

#24 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Dang!! Sounds like our government!!! :ninja:

I wasn't going to say it but that was my thought too .

#25 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

No response???
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#26 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

What is the programs "tax bracket"? Not sure the right words to use but are they running as non-profit? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if they are, aren't they limited in the liquid assets they are allowed to keep on hand.

Also, the idea that personal issues would be voiced as the reason for the delays is VERY unprofessional. They need to distribute the winnings in the same manner that they readily except the monies for the donated breedings that people are buying.

I am VERY against any BOD member being eligible for prize monies while in service as a director, as they have not been able to "bring me to their side" to understand how and why they are and should be eligible. What is the balance of power in this organization? The how are the classes for payout determined, is a ligitimate question.

Denise

Ask others and find out the history of who is control now, how why, when and where ? wish you the best in getting truthful answers. Wherein lies the truth anyways?

This SH program should be TOTALLY TRANPARENT in all aspects. When it's not.... why not ?

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#27 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

I suspect Laura would want this to die on the vine. I'm not sure why anyone donates to this program if there are no real payouts. I'm sure Laura has her money if she won any, as she would have done her own 1099 or whatever form she says she needs. Whole thing leaves a bad taste. Bummer.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#28 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

" I am VERY against any BOD member being eligible for prize monies while in service as a director,"

and yet in the history of this program have not all or most of the BOD (past or present) been showing - or had horses shown - in the very classes they designated for prize money? I could be mistaken but think that I remember it as going this way.

Would this go for Sweepstakes payout prize monies as well ????

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#29 starling

starling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

I suspect Laura would want this to die on the vine. I'm not sure why anyone donates to this program if there are no real payouts. I'm sure Laura has her money if she won any, as she would have done her own 1099 or whatever form she says she needs. Whole thing leaves a bad taste. Bummer.

This is precisely her method-if she ignores it....it will go away. She doesn't think she should have to explain anything.
If you have to write your ethics rules down, you've already lost

STARLING "STAR" DEVERICKS

CORDEACE (Sir Fames HBV x OFW Shah Amber) AHA 2007 Chestnut Filly

SKIPPA SPORTIN ASHA (Skippa Gold Policy x Sportin The Moves) AQHA 2007 Sooty Buckskin Filly

MORGAN (rescue QH) Bay Mare Babysitter to the Brats and hater of fly masks!

#30 jmroberts

jmroberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

I think this could be a wonderful program, it's too bad that it is headed in the wrong direction.

Still waiting on my check too :(

Jennifer Roberts
Khandle in the Wind ++++//
Little Red Khorvette ++//
CA Cartier +/